St Johnstone v Hearts, 30th October 2019

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he needs a season here before we judge him fully. It took a while for Craig to get the failure of Hibs out his system, and even MOH took months to get going after struggling for a few years beforehand. 

This time next season he'll hopefully have found his role in the club and the team, but playing week in, week out, should help him I think.

Hopefully (within reason)

5C3E179C-F77B-4B3A-AF18-0E5AB175B793.thumb.png.21a9d80367b7269b7a2521afccebc4a9.pngFeet are out...is his hand?

You know what I might take back my opinion that he was well inside after seeing that! That’s a lot closer than the angle I was at suggested. Either way, the keeper was mince!

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hopefully (within reason)

I dont think he'll ever have a season where he scores 20 for us again, fwiw. Expecting 6-8, and double figures in a good year, much like MacLean used to do

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What about the one in the first half? Did it hit his outstretched arm?

Dont show it in the spfl highlights. 

Angles can clearly be decieving - I was convinced at the game that the goali was back inside the box by the time the ball had ricocheted back off Spoony. Clearly not. Will need to see the full replay of it again and not just a still though - it did happen very quickly so can understand why the referee didn't give it.

That goalkeeper was about a big a bombscare as I've seen this season though. Felt we'd get change off him if we kept putting him under pressure, not that it came to be.

33 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Another defeat and there's no surprise attached to it.  Quite how Levein is still in a job is beyond me.  It's not even about results, he's toxic and no one will enjoy watching Hearts while he's there.

Safest job in football, he's not going to sack himself is he? At best you can hope he decides to go back upstairs and bring in some other scapegoat in to sit in the dugout. He'll still pick the team and rubber stamp all the signings though, so your fucked either way so long as the man is involved in any shape or form with Hearts.

50 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Angles can clearly be decieving - I was convinced at the game that the goali was back inside the box by the time the ball had ricocheted back off Spoony. Clearly not. Will need to see the full replay of it again and not just a still though - it did happen very quickly so can understand why the referee didn't give it.

That goalkeeper was about a big a bombscare as I've seen this season though. Felt we'd get change off him if we kept putting him under pressure, not that it came to be.

Seen the replay. 

It's borderline and impossible for the ref to be convinced he was outside the box that's for sure. Looks like the ref got it right though I'd say. 

In real time I thought the keeper was about 5 yards up the field therefore miles outside the box. Seeing the reply he was at the angle of the box. 

Aye he didn't look great either. Is he better than the other options they already have?

5 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Safest job in football, he's not going to sack himself is he? At best you can hope he decides to go back upstairs and bring in some other scapegoat in to sit in the dugout. He'll still pick the team and rubber stamp all the signings though, so your fucked either way so long as the man is involved in any shape or form with Hearts.

Budge and the board can and should sack him.  He doesn't have control over it.

10 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

To all the fuds on Kickback that slaughtered Tommy Wright and were doing cartwheels when they appointed Levein GIRUY.

No one was doing cartwheels when we appointed Levein.  No one.  And Wright was never in the frame.

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It's been a remarkable few days for St. Johnstone.  Saturday morning they were adrift at the bottom of the league, now they are 8th.  Only way it could get any better is if Stevie May actually scored a goal

May has scored for us this season, you realise?

28 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Big thanks to St Johnstone for seeing Levein off.

I think hes the 3rd relegation haunted manager we've had sacked that I can remember. 

Martin Canning was punted at McDiarmid I'm sure, in the game his dad starting fighting their fans, and it worked out for them. Not so much for United when they sacked McNamara in the tea room.