Kilbirnie Ladeside manager

glensmad

18 minutes ago, Tartan Bear said:

Don't be sorry mate that was a great post and you got SFA meetings to thrown in if a player gets suspended 

Family life goes out the window if your a gaffer which is maybe why older guys who family have grown up are good choice for a lot of teams

I know your looking read your other post and hope you get back in

Clearly you have a lot to offer the right team

And coming from a different league and culture is not a bad thing

Something you can use to your advantage when it comes along

End of the day footballs football at what ever level

Thanks mate appreciate the kind words 👏👍

9 minutes ago, Paulp9 said:

Thanks mate appreciate the kind words 👏👍

When I was involved in ammy football there was to many pals acts not saying our teams like that but a outsider coming in no favourites no agenda or exigencies to tribes to locations to areas your just the big Gordie they need to impress at training or they don't play

I genuinely hope you apply were are you based//

Edited by Tartan Bear

28 minutes ago, Tartan Bear said:

When I was involved in ammy football there was to many pals acts not saying our teams like that but a outsider coming in no favourites no agenda or exigencies to tribes to locations to areas your just the big Gordie they need to impress at training or they don't play

I genuinely hope you apply were are you based//

I'm at Glasgow just outside rutherglen to be precise but originally from Newcastle moved up here 6 months ago 

3 minutes ago, happy said:

Your not a Gascoigne by any chance ? Lol.

Fill yer boots.They can only say no.

I can't say incase I get mobbed but u never know 😉 ha ha,  I've applied but it's difficult to get in to teams up here with nobody knowing me seems that teams aren't willing to take a punt on some thing fresh and different but u never know one day that may change hopefully 

14 minutes ago, Paulp9 said:

I can't say incase I get mobbed but u never know 😉 ha ha,  I've applied but it's difficult to get in to teams up here with nobody knowing me seems that teams aren't willing to take a punt on some thing fresh and different but u never know one day that may change hopefully 

Out of interest who were you with I've a mate that played non league in Cheshire if not for work commitments he could easily find a lower end junior middle level junior or good amateur team 

7 hours ago, Paulp9 said:

Junior football being what it is, go to games for a while, become a known face. I don't know, go and do some voluntary sessions with clubs. Get known enough so someone can 'put in a word'. Managing at this level is about (IMO) knowing the market clubs operate in.

Maybe avoid clubs like Darvel and Pollok who could probably field an 11 a aside game between their back room staff though...

I guess the trick is to not be a spectre haunting under pressure and thin-skinned managers!

49 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Junior football being what it is, go to games for a while, become a known face. I don't know, go and do some voluntary sessions with clubs. Get known enough so someone can 'put in a word'. Managing at this level is about (IMO) knowing the market clubs operate in.

Maybe avoid clubs like Darvel and Pollok who could probably field an 11 a aside game between their back room staff though...

I guess the trick is to not be a spectre haunting under pressure and thin-skinned managers!

Thanks for the advise I'll take that on board it's appreciated 👍

8 hours ago, Tartan Bear said:

Out of interest who were you with I've a mate that played non league in Cheshire if not for work commitments he could easily find a lower end junior middle level junior or good amateur team 

Hi mate I played for 3 pro clubs in England then played semi pro before managing in England at 3 semi pro clubs 

1 hour ago, Paulp9 said:

Hi mate I played for 3 pro clubs in England then played semi pro before managing in England at 3 semi pro clubs 

Walking football in Glasgow to is a good place to met people and build contacts even taking a ammy tam and getting success for a year or two its your foot in the door

Guest Rob Roy no 1
8 hours ago, Paulp9 said:

That's a good idea mate I'm open to all options and it's good to hear and get advise from the people in the know as such so all Advise is greatly appreciated 

hi Paul who were the English clubs you were involved with??

Guest Rob Roy no 1
1 minute ago, lang said:
29 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

hi Paul who were the English clubs you were involved with??

Doesn't seem to want to answer that question!

Was thinking that myself that’s why I asked again!

Hi mate, Blackpool from youth to pro then from there York city then on to hartlepool United sorry been working, sorry to disappoint but no big teams as you might call them unfortunately 

Edited by Paulp9