Morton v Ayr

A very good and much welcome win for Kerr and the team.
Early days yet and time will tell however the boss seems to have the squad on board which gives it a decent chance.
Hate lording it over another team [emoji23] but I will enjoy this result tonight for sure.
Mon Ayr!!!

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s a very attacking line up for us tonight and I’d imagine we’ll concede at least 1 or 2 with us being so open and our recent defensive performances.

Hopefully with 2 strikers and 3 attacking minded midfielders we can out score our opponents.

GOOD CALL !!!

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Must be some game!

It was actually pretty poor.

Good goals from us right enough, especially McCowans which was an absolute screamer and much better build up play in the 2nd half, however 1st half was a shocker from both teams as neither could string two passes together.

Doohan also made a bit of a howler for their equaliser but all in all a good night and we'll happily take the 3 points..................

Must be some game!
First half was grim. One effort of note when Doohan pushed a shot over the bar, which was about 40 minutes in. 2nd half was more entertaining as our usual individual errors gifted Morton 2 ridiculously soft goals while at the other end Ayr finally decided to pass the ball around a bit and created some decent chances. Moore took his goal well but maybe one of the Morton fans can tell us where their defence went to? McCowan's goal was just outstanding, a tremendous hit. The winner was horrifically bad from a Morton viewpoint and made our defending look accomplished.
2nd half was a decent advert for Scottish fitba and was helped along by a referee whose decisions were baffling and infuriating to both sets of fans. He was dire for both teams.
Doc played well, Moore put himself about a bit and looked lively. Back lot are still a concern, whether it is defending or trying to pass the ball, but 3 points dug out from a tough game and Morton retain their status as our bitches. Lovely stuff.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Another game, another win handed to the opposition by Sam Ramsbottom.

I couldn’t give a f**k if he’s demanded first team football, he’s not a footballer and every time Hopkin picks him he’s throwing points away.

you can’t ever expect to win games of football when you have a goalkeeper who shouldn't be playing professional football.

This is the only relevant thing to be said about us at the moment. Doesn’t matter what the rest do in front of him, good, bad, or indifferent; he’s already singehandedly (boom boom) cost us more points than any player I can think of, ever.

I won’t be back until the big imposter and his groomer are away. Hopkin should be bagged if he keeps picking him (that is, if he continues to let Timmins pick him).

Very poor first half ,Very tough 1st half against a team sitting with 4 across back with a 5 man midfield only playing a few yards in front of them limiting space ,  good to see he adjusted our tactics second half , playing quicker passes , playing ball on ground and using width, made substitutions at right time , all in all a great 3 points against a team who have not lost a home game this season ( don’t know how as they looked poor)

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Very poor first half ,Very tough 1st half against a team sitting with 4 across back with a 5 man midfield only playing a few yards in front of them limiting space ,  good to see he adjusted our tactics second half , playing quicker passes , playing ball on ground and using width, made substitutions at right time , all in all a great 3 points against a team who have not lost a home game this season ( don’t know how as they looked poor)

You were watching a different game from me if you thought we were playing a deep 451....