Morton v Ayr

I know we are struggling but the boy Houston is average at best play him at right back tonight and I think Cadden will have a field day, the boy is not better than Ferguson who we let go hopefully Geggan has recovered and Bell who are not mentioned injured in the pre match comments. Great result for Morton on Saturday so they obviously enjoy the battles  which teams like inverness ,Dunfermline and Dundee  enjoy-which we aren’t doing at the moment will take a draw just now especially if we have more injuries.

18 minutes ago, twoclubsoneheart said:

Is it free parking? Normally park behind the goal in the car park. Is that better to park there then?

Yes, the James Watt is free and ideal for getting out after the match, it's all been tarmacked and is now a marina as opposed to the old dock and the dilapidated warehouse buildings.

You literally just cross the road and that's you at the Norseman.

14 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I know we are struggling but the boy Houston is average at best play him at right back tonight and I think Cadden will have a field day, the boy is not better than Ferguson who we let go hopefully Geggan has recovered and Bell who are not mentioned injured in the pre match comments. Great result for Morton on Saturday so they obviously enjoy the battles  which teams like inverness ,Dunfermline and Dundee  enjoy-which we aren’t doing at the moment will take a draw just now especially if we have more injuries.

I'd say he's pretty athletic and quick, although whether or not he's great defensively is certainly open to debate but we are where we are.

Like every other match in this division I really have no idea what to expect tonight. The first half against Morton at Somerset is possibly the best I've seen Ayr play in years and Morton looked absolutely hopeless, however their home record is excellent and we appear to be going through a bit of a rough spell where chances just aren't going in and where the ball's just not dropping for us, so who knows what tonight will bring.

2-1 Ayr, 1-1 draw or a 4-0 humping, take your pick ????

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, the James Watt is free and ideal for getting out after the match, it's all been tarmacked and is now a marina as opposed to the old dock and the dilapidated warehouse buildings.

You literally just cross the road and that's you at the Norseman.

Yep, you don't even have to park in the actual marina bit, any where along the road leading up/going round the roundabout and other side of the road leading out are also fine.

2 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

As for the game, we are surely due a win over Ayr but then again probably due a defeat at Cappielow, 0-0 then.

The bookies actually priced you up at 9/4 which I thought was rather generous of them with 6/1 for -1 on the handicap.

No idea what team we'll put out tonight as we may rest a couple of players such as Moffat & McCowan which could seriously impact our style of play but if we have Geggan & Bell fit and Moffat plays then I'd be hoping for a positive result from our perspective but on the other hand our confidence looked a bit low in the second half on Friday and a typical Ayr meltdown is never far away...............

"Former Morton midfield maestro Andy Murdoch will be available for selection in the Ayr squad. The 24-year-old played around 75 times and scored 4 goals for the Ton as he was part of the team who made the Betfred Cup semi-final at Hampden Park against Aberdeen which ended in a 2-0 defeat.

Ex-Morton loan player Frank Ross is also included in the squad for Saturday’s game as he was signed as a loan deal by the Honest Men."

I can only assume that Ewan Boyle has written this match preview from an alternate universe..............

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

He is out for a month...

"Former Morton midfield maestro Andy Murdoch will be available for selection in the Ayr squad. The 24-year-old played around 75 times and scored 4 goals for the Ton as he was part of the team who made the Betfred Cup semi-final at Hampden Park against Aberdeen which ended in a 2-0 defeat.

Ex-Morton loan player Frank Ross is also included in the squad for Saturday’s game as he was signed as a loan deal by the Honest Men."

I can only assume that Ewan Boyle has written this match preview from an alternate universe..............

Or has he...

Would expect us to rotate the team a little seeing as we play the Diddees on Friday night as well; I can only hope this doesn't include giving Blues a game, as we'd be better off playing ten men than that waste of a jersey.

Where did you see this lol

Just now, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Where did you see this lol

It's the "match preview" from the Morton website.

Just realised we're behind the goal for tonight instead of the cow shed or whatever it's called. How does that old banked bit behind the goal even pass health and safety lol.

£20 is also pushing the limits of acceptable pricing

Edited by rb123!

45 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just realised we're behind the goal for tonight instead of the cow shed or whatever it's called. How does that old banked bit behind the goal even pass health and safety lol.

Wow. 

Not a regular visitor to Somerset Park, or just a wind-up merchant? 

My money's on the latter. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

That’s a very attacking line up for us tonight and I’d imagine we’ll concede at least 1 or 2 with us being so open and our recent defensive performances.

Hopefully with 2 strikers and 3 attacking minded midfielders we can out score our opponents.