Morton v Ayr

After an unexpected win today, we should go into this one with a wee bit of confidence. We weren't great, but at least we hung in there and grabbed the winner. 

Would expect Nesbitt to come back in but hopefully not too many changes to hopefully try and build a bit of consistency. Salkeld did enough to keep the jersey alongside McHugh. 

Ayr appear to have hit a bit of a sticky patch so might well be a good time to play them.  Ayr battered us on the 1st day, was really impressed with their pace and movement, albeit our defence was an absolute shambles! 

Incredible to think we have 13/15 at home and 0/15 away. 

3-2, McHugh, Baird and Nesbitt. 

Given that this is game 2 of 3 in 6 days, I expect that we'll made a couple of changes. Apart from anything else, Welsh might struggle to be fit in time for this one. There were positives to our start today, and McHugh showed how important he can be, but I'm not convinced that everything about the shape and selections worked out. Maybe King will get his chance on Tuesday, and Nesbitt will be going to get back in as well. 

Injuries and current form means this will be a real difficult game for us , drop Moff back into middle and Moore up front is most likely team change from Friday IMO due to Geggan injury 

Edited by Robbo63

With Morton’s home record and our form we ain’t winning this. I’d take a draw to stop the rot.

Back 4 picks itself thanks to injuries. Drop Moffat back to replace Geggan in midfield and Moore can get a change up front. Would also give McGuffie a game and rest McCowan.

Doohan

Houston Muirhead Roscoe Harvie

Forrest Docherty Kelly McGuffie

Moffat Doolan/Moore

I'd go with that for Tuesday night, must be getting to the stage where we have to think about recalling kids from loans. We only have about 14 fit senior players.

Need to consolidate Sat result with another win.

Watched Ayr v Dundee and both are at our level.

I feel game could swing our may as Moffat won't have the legs for two games a week and I consider him pivotal to all good in Ayr attacks.

2 v1 for the Ton.

We really could do with taking something tomorrow night as we’re on a run of 3 loses in a row and our season is in real danger of derailing. That being said every team is beating every other team so there was no real damage done on Saturday other than Dundee  United pulling 3 points clear however we know they are more than capable of dropping points particularly away from home. 

We have two fit centre mids for this so our system is probably going to have to be changed unless we push Moffat back into centre midfield however he looked knackered on Friday night and I think he could do with a wee break

Personally id line up:

Doohan

Houston Roscoe Muirhead Harvie

McGuffie Dochery Kelly Forrest

Doolan Moore

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ecrepont, McCowan, Moffat, McKenzie, anyone else that’s fit.