Pars vs Arbroath

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe just maybe, playing in a hurricane made it look that way last time?

And don't care what anyone says. We played the conditions well that day too

Games done and dusted and this is a new one

Hard on us with it being midweek and being PT especially after putting so much into Partick on Saturday there. Do not get the point or need for this fixture date

100% this.

Maybe just maybe, playing in a hurricane made it look that way last time?

And don't care what anyone says. We played the conditions well that day too

Games done and dusted and this is a new one

Hard on us with it being midweek and being PT especially after putting so much into Partick on Saturday there. Do not get the point or need for this fixture date

The Tunnocks cup takes up a few saturdays meaning you end up with a couple of midweek fixtures. 

Both of our midweek games are against Dunfermline! 

Im sure we will be well up for this after the good result yesterday and our team will no doubt be happier playing a game this midweek than training! 

I remember someone making a point that games at 1945 are actually the best time for part time teams, they'll be more accustomed to playing in the evening and your body clock is more inclined to it, fitness has never been less of an issue for part time players, I'd feel more confident if this game was at 3 on a Saturday. 

I remember someone making a point that games at 1945 are actually the best time for part time teams, they'll be more accustomed to playing in the evening and your body clock is more inclined to it, fitness has never been less of an issue for part time players, I'd feel more confident if this game was at 3 on a Saturday. 

Aye, sure, after a full day at work.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Whoever made that point is talking utter tripe. I think our players will report to Dunfermline for 18.15 so you're hoping most will have a half day / early finish at work.

Arbroath should be rightly pleased with their efforts so far this season but a win is essential for us tomorrow night. I hear we played quite well at times on Saturday but it was still another defeat and there have been too many of them already.

Anything less than six points added to our total by 5pm on Saturday would be poor.

We really should be winning our home games against all clubs outside the Dundee clubs and possibly ICT as a push. It's not quite went that way this season, however I still think we should be winning this one. Arbroath are a good organised side and are high on confidence after a good result at the weekend.

Looking back on our season so far I'd say nothing but a win acceptable here if we want to kick on.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

How low can you stoop worrying about best times for part-timers to play 😂 This is a big game for Crawford. Dropping points here would be unacceptable. 

I'm not worried per se, just passing on some information that someone said a few years ago and it sounded about right, part time footballers who train at 1900/2000 religiously, and most likely have done for a few years are more likely to have a body clock that is accustomed to performing at those times. 

A quick Google and it actually seems legit. 

4 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Whoever made that point is talking utter tripe. I think our players will report to Dunfermline for 18.15 so you're hoping most will have a half day / early finish at work.

9 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Aye, sure, after a full day at work.

Some jobs are more physically taxing than others of course. 

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm pretty sure they'd be more accustomed to playing Saturday 3pm kick offs too, seeing as 98 percent of games are at that time... emoji23.pngemoji23.png

They will be less accustomed to performing a high intensity physical activity than a full time footballer at 1500 though who will likely be doing that every day, as opposed to a 1945 kick off where you'd presume that only happens if they have a game on, whereas regardless Arbroath would've been training tomorrow night. 

Edited by Grant228

They will be less accustomed to performing a high intensity physical activity than a full time footballer at 1500 though who will likely be doing that every day, as opposed to a 1945 kick off where you'd presume that only happens if they have a game on, whereas regardless Arbroath would've been training tomorrow night. 

No even debating this mate. Saturday 3pm would've definitely been preferable. DC said in his post match Saturday he'll have to change the team about with it being so soon.

I think Stewart, Donnelly and possibly one of the midfield 3 will start from the bench tomorrow night.

. DC said in his post match Saturday he'll have to change the team about with it being so soon.

Aye, if dick has said it in an interview its definitely true. 

Edited by Grant228

Definitely be a few changes to the team for Arbroath I’d imagine defence will stay the same donnelly, Stewart and 2 of the midfield 3 for spence, McKenna, Murphy and Campbell.

Don’t expect Arbroath to win tbh be very happy with a point after a massive 3 points on Saturday. Vital game next Saturday at home to Alloa aswell which DC will be looking at