Pars vs Arbroath

Important win for us and we do seem to have begun to turn a corner in recent weeks with some positive results. 11/18 points is a healthy return, even if drawing at home to Alloa and conceding last-gasp equaliser at Morton is disappointing.
Queens at home and Alloa away gives us two further great opportunities to push forward and ease the pressure further on Crawford. Still far from convinced he's the right man for the job but can't argue with recent form.
11/18 sustained should be enough for the playoffs. Can anyone work this out?

11/18 sustained should be enough for the playoffs. Can anyone work this out?

If we get 11/18’s of our total points remaining we’d end up on 58.8 points(not possible but that was the maths says). Enough for the play-offs in all seasons since play-offs have come in.(depending on how you decide it, in 3 seasons the team had 4th had more than 58 points, but the team finishing 5th in each of those years got less than than 58.)

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

We probably did get estimates from Arbroath but they might have been entirely correct and we’ve got it wrong, perhaps the turnstile operator was overly slow or we haven’t accounted for slower entry than the home end with it being a cash gate.

or the estimate was significantly out,  it’s happened before, but we should be able to react to such situations especially when simply 1 extra turnstile would solve it.  

The line is usually "but they're volunteers" but if the volunteers can't do the job then they aren't actually being helpful, as generous as they're being with their time.

I totally get the club trying to save money where they can but it's important things like this are managed properly.

I thought our performance last night was pedestrian rather than poor as Dick Campbell describes it. We had enough possession but only threatened a few times. Dunfermline weren’t much better but have a sharper, clever edge with the likes of Ryan and Nesbit though both goals came from a bit of defensive lapses when we were trying to push forward. I sincerely hope Jason Thomson’s injury is not serious, he’s so crucial.

Difficult to explain the discrepancy in the foul count last night (Dunfermline 4: Arbroath 17). Compare that with Saturday - Partick 9 Arbroath 6). Yes I thought the ref favoured/gave the benefit to home team but the damp surface was the same for both. Just wondered whether the virtual all-change in our midfield from a few days ago meant some were a bit off the pace.

A fair few Lichties in attendance but terribly quiet. Maybe subdued by the long queue to get in and the below average showing of the team

On 30/10/2019 at 20:01, farflung lichtie said:

I thought our performance last night was pedestrian rather than poor as Dick Campbell describes it. We had enough possession but only threatened a few times. Dunfermline weren’t much better but have a sharper, clever edge with the likes of Ryan and Nesbit though both goals came from a bit of defensive lapses when we were trying to push forward. I sincerely hope Jason Thomson’s injury is not serious, he’s so crucial.

Difficult to explain the discrepancy in the foul count last night (Dunfermline 4: Arbroath 17). Compare that with Saturday - Partick 9 Arbroath 6). Yes I thought the ref favoured/gave the benefit to home team but the damp surface was the same for both. Just wondered whether the virtual all-change in our midfield from a few days ago meant some were a bit off the pace.

A fair few Lichties in attendance but terribly quiet. Maybe subdued by the long queue to get in and the below average showing of the team

I don't think the tackles were awful, it wasn't likely that someone was going to get injured but the amount of late tackles was pretty impressive, seemed like a deliberate tactic to break up the flow of the game and it worked really well in the first half tbf.