Pars vs Arbroath

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You're saying he's upsetting the whole dressing room?

Since ToB has been captain there's been zero signs of anyone being upset. We've picked up two good wins and had a poor performance last night.

Your evidence that the dressing room is upset is Spence not giving a shit (clearly not true) and Doris being overweight. emoji23.png

Owes nobody an explanation but Whatley and the players.

Never said he's upset the whole dressing room 😂 I just believe something like that happening has to have a knock on effect. 

we will agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Its a man's game and one thing I have noticed about the championship is how physical it is, Dunfermline have probably the youngest team so teams may look to gain an advantage on them physically, the only real poor challenge I saw in the game was Thomson's late on which he was correctly booked for, not sure what all the greeting is about.

On another point, I think Crawford deserves a bit credit for trying to build a young team. 

oh dear.

Rememeber @lichtie36nilhello who couldn't take a wind up at all from away fans, 36-0 hello is like a new him that's discovered emojis. Imagine getting wound up Dunfermline fans calling us shite, after we've just been smashed and played utter shite. What I'd give to have a Ryan or a Nisbitt up top for us. 

Could it not just be the case that ToB is obviously gonna play every game he's fit, whereas there's gonna be a lot more rotation in the centre of midfield, seems weird to be making a big deal out of the captaincy while we're still picking up results, I don't see any difference in Whatleys performance (I've been at barely any games mind). 

I can't work out why Gaston dived out of the way for the first goal. Not saying he would have saved it but would of had a better chance if he'd waited for it to be hit. Second half performance wasn't good enough and really should of got Gold and Whatley on early second half. Dunfermline worth their win last night and you can only base the team you play when you see them so understand why they think we're poor but we've played far better this season. At gayfield Dunfermline were terrible but far better last night. Overall 1 win each has been fair based on each game.

29 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

Never said he's upset the whole dressing room 😂 I just believe something like that happening has to have a knock on effect. 

we will agree to disagree 

Strange thing to get all worked up about, the team spirit we have can never be questioned, especially with the two promotions and how we are now more than holding our own in this tough league. (1320 makes good point about subs celebrating goals etc)  I would imagine a manager of DC's experience would've had a discussion with Whatley or the whole group to say why the captaincy was given to Tam. The club offer full transparency with the nights Ian has done with the fans so I would suggest turning up to the next one and ask and I am sure you will be given a reason.

10 hours ago, A.K. Barr said:

I waited from 7.25 and got in just for kick off with still a good 50+ behind me. G4S clowns said they would open a second turnstile and never did. The more people were getting angry and tell them to hurry the fk up and open a second turnstile the G4S people were all walking away because they couldn’t be arsed with the hassle. A very amateur set up. And the poor old c**t on the turnstile (no his fault genuinely an old c**t) couldn’t be any slower if he tried.

Reported for ageism

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

There’s a striking similarity between the shite DAFC fans talk and what Raith fans used to go on like last season, must be a Fife thing. 

This years Xmas blockbuster book,the follow up to the"Divinci Code"is now on sale, its a real puzzle...its called "Find the keys to the second away turnstile at Dunfermline"....by the way, to expect between 80 and 100 Arbroath fans only to turn up???did Dumfermline use the data from the 1951away cup tie with Third Lanark?

This years Xmas blockbuster book,the follow up to the"Divinci Code"is now on sale, its a real puzzle...its called "Find the keys to the second away turnstile at Dunfermline"....by the way, to expect between 80 and 100 Arbroath fans only to turn up???did Dumfermline use the data from the 1951away cup tie with Third Lanark?
What a mess you are.

Look mate this is how we handle such things in the championship. If you're not a mess, seething or bothered you're in the wrong league.

[emoji23]

To be fair there's a few people definitely in they categories after the game

I blame Dunfermline for winning, if they just let us win this thread wouldn't have been such a shambles

[emoji23]

To be fair there's a few people definitely in they categories after the game

I blame Dunfermline for winning, if they just let us win this thread wouldn't have been such a shambles
Oh you haven't seen our wet knicker brigade out in force then.

Strange thing to get all worked up about, the team spirit we have can never be questioned, especially with the two promotions and how we are now more than holding our own in this tough league. (1320 makes good point about subs celebrating goals etc)  I would imagine a manager of DC's experience would've had a discussion with Whatley or the whole group to say why the captaincy was given to Tam. The club offer full transparency with the nights Ian has done with the fans so I would suggest turning up to the next one and ask and I am sure you will be given a reason.

IMG_2844.jpg

FAO Plesslitchie

50 minutes ago, Douglas Peel said:

Arbroath would have provided the expected numbers, you are getting into some nick over this.

Sometimes we forget how much of a big team we are. We probably looked at Arbroath’s usual away midweek following and failed to account for the fact that their entire fan base was planning to come down, desperate for an opportunity to see a big team like Dunfermline play and buzzing for the thrill and incredible atmosphere that comes with a top class stadium.

Either that, or Arbroath provided a forecast of how many fans they expected through the turnstiles and really underestimated how many of their fans would make the journey. Dry your eyes.

Important win for us and we do seem to have begun to turn a corner in recent weeks with some positive results. 11/18 points is a healthy return, even if drawing at home to Alloa and conceding last-gasp equaliser at Morton is disappointing.

Queens at home and Alloa away gives us two further great opportunities to push forward and ease the pressure further on Crawford. Still far from convinced he's the right man for the job but can't argue with recent form.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Sometimes we forget how much of a big team we are. We probably looked at Arbroath’s usual away midweek following and failed to account for the fact that their entire fan base was planning to come down, desperate for an opportunity to see a big team like Dunfermline play and buzzing for the thrill and incredible atmosphere that comes with a top class stadium.

Either that, or Arbroath provided a forecast of how many fans they expected through the turnstiles and really underestimated how many of their fans would make the journey. Dry your eyes.

Nah, hands up when the club fucks up. Unacceptable to only have one turnstile open; diddy club behaviour on our part.

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nah, hands up when the club fucks up. Unacceptable to only have one turnstile open; diddy club behaviour on our part.

We probably did get estimates from Arbroath but they might have been entirely correct and we’ve got it wrong, perhaps the turnstile operator was overly slow or we haven’t accounted for slower entry than the home end with it being a cash gate.

or the estimate was significantly out,  it’s happened before, but we should be able to react to such situations especially when simply 1 extra turnstile would solve it.