Pars vs Arbroath

Another important and deserved win. Back four comfortable and looked a threat up top second half. Still don't think the central midfield partnership looks right. 

Arbroath were a very dirty team. Throwing themselves into challenges, with no intent of getting the ball. 

Getting the first goal against these teams is vital.

In all seriousness. 

First half was an utter non event, Arbroath set out to break up the game and they achieved it to great effect, that's not meant as a criticism, it's a perfectly valid way of playing the game, they were quite late with challenges, they weren't bad but it was enough to stop the game from flowing, ever. 

We had a half chance that was blocked and Arbroath had a nice move which didn't amount to anything, it was pretty bad. 

In the second half we upped the tempo, and I don't know whether it was a case of Arbroath being tired or just not being in it but I thought we were comfortable in the second half, we played reasonably well, had quite a good few chances and scored a good couple of goals. Thought we could have had a couple of penaltys but it doesn't matter in the end. 

I think Arbroath had one attempt from Bobby Linn from a 30 yard free kick, looking at their results it wouldn't surprise me if that second half was as bad as they've played. 

Dick Campbell is one of the top boys in Scottish football, great guy so I do hope for the best for him this season, but they really lacked any attacking threat through that game, Linn is a good player but the other attacking options look distinctly, meh. 

Ironically coming into winter I think they'll pick up more points, Gayfield will be a nightmare to play at. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely nonsense, not having that. 

Been in his company allot to come to that conclusion? 

Regularly.

But seriously, he was filmed in a Rangers bar in Spain belting out the tunes.

Perhaps he's changed since then. 

Can anyone tell me what formation we were using second half? Looked to me like Nisbet was out wide and Kiltie in the centre and Ryan also pushing out wide. Kevin looked like a fish out of water, just play him in the box. He reminds me of Andy Kirk, just give him the ball centrally and let him shoot.

Turner was poor again other than that I thought everyone else was ok 6/10. Maybe Dow, Kiltie and Ashcroft 7.

Scully had one save to make and injured himself and a defender.

:lol:

Overall a poor performance. Jury is still out on Gaston for me, he is very hesitant when coming off is line which worries me a lot. Our midfield was non existent tonight, McKenna offered very little on the right, Bobby had a quiet game and don’t even get me started on Campbell a night to forget for him. Goldy, whatley and Stewart all back in for Saturday I hope

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can anyone tell me what formation we were using second half? Looked to me like Nisbet was out wide and Kiltie in the centre and Ryan also pushing out wide. Kevin looked like a fish out of water, just play him in the box. He reminds me of Andy Kirk, just give him the ball centrally and let him shoot.

Turner was poor again other than that I thought everyone else was ok 6/10. Maybe Dow, Kiltie and Ashcroft 7.

Scully had one save to make and injured himself and a defender.

:lol:

I was a strange formation in the second with the front 4 pretty much interchanging with far more bias to the left hand side.

I thought Martin was better than Ashcroft tonight but both had solid games for us.

Badly missed gold and whatley tonight. Campbell was rotten, miko Needs to stop going for goal, few nice link ups from Donnelly. By looks of second goal little thought he was offside from what I gathered? Wouldn't say Gaston was to blame for any of the goals. Doris did look unfit and Spence looked lost when he come on as did Stirling but can we really expect the world from players that haven't kicked a ball on the park for the last 3-4 weeks? Same as Murphy he was poor but went from being in the stands last week to starting tonight. 

A lot of negativity in the crowd tonight rather than geeing up. Also don't think it's a very happy dressing room at the min. 

achwell onwards and upwards to Saturday in dick we trust. 

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Arbroath are an absolute gang and are by some margin the worst team I've seen play in the league.

When did we last win back to back home games must be about 10 years ago.

February.

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Well it is relevant because what does it say for your full time shitey club when we are still above you in the league and have already beaten you this season 🙈🙈🙈

Taking defeat well😀

In fairness to Dunfermline fans based on that 90 minutes I can understand their comments about us being the worst team they've played and being a bit of a gang this evening..... Not a good evening for us, but it's hardly like we're going to produce the same level of performance as we did last Saturday week in week out.

Agree with most of the comments made; starting with such a young midfield 3 maybe wasn't the best idea and I felt Campbell in particular struggled. The way we play, it's vital we keep our shape and discipline for the whole game, and I felt we lost a lot of that without Whatley/ Gold in the starting 11, and also missed Scott Stewart on the right hand side. All 3 of them give a better structure to the team than McKenna playing on the right and any of the young, midfield trio we started with. Ben Stirling also seemed to do some wild things positionally when he came on, but this is to be expected with younger players finding their feet in professional games.

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

This one's a keeper. 

Hahahahaha sorry mate I was getting caught up in a childish my teams better than your team playground banter, as you may have noticed I get quite passionate about the lichties lol 

What I meant was when you said we were a poor football team I thought that was a bit harsh, What we have achieved so far this season has been nothing short of fantastic for a part time club and You don’t get to 5th in this championship by being a poor football team and it certainly isn’t luck either, if anything like i‘ve mentioned before we have been really unlucky in a few and could easily have had more points on the board, well done tonight and all the best for the rest of the season 👍🏻

Who at dunfermline is responsible for the comedy show at the  away turnstile?..yes  ONE turnstile..SINGULAR!!!!. open for away fans,40 mins to get in..the òld boy was doing a great job of writng the serial numbers of the £20 notes with a pencil though.Amatuerism personified...treat away fans with like this,and you will have even more tumbleweed blowing round these empty stands in the future,i wont be back......one turnstile ...holy shit.. lets hope you dont get kelty hearts in a cup.