Queens v Inverness

20 minutes ago, CaleyStan said:

A short podcast on our trip to Palmerston:

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/lady-gaga-and-the-false-eleven/

Please bear with (or skip) the car noise in the first 5 minutes.

Any Doonhamers able to translate the word the old boy uses to describe Billy Houliston?

He's just a big rummel (rumble).  Big guy who doesnt mind getting in and about defenders and being physical. 

That's how I translate it for what its worth.

Delighted with that result. Certainly didn't see it coming after those lacklustre performances in the last couple of weeks. Out of Alloa, Morton and Queens I wouldn't have been saying we'd be getting three points from the last game out of the three. 

Pleasing etc.

15 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

He's just a big rummel (rumble).  Big guy who doesnt mind getting in and about defenders and being physical. 

That's how I translate it for what its worth.

That's absolutely what he said. "rummel". Local pronunciation of "rumble". Is it not fairly commonly said that way across Scotland?

I've never thought of rummel as a pronunciation of rumble. More a Scots word in its own right, causing a nuisance by movement or being agitated is how I think about it eg. you might say "stop rummling" to somebody sitting next to you on a sofa but I'd also use it as a synonym for fight or wrestle. Like the guy in the clip I'd often use it as a noun to describe a big number 9.

Edited by TeeMan

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's absolutely what he said. "rummel". Local pronunciation of "rumble". Is it not fairly commonly said that way across Scotland?

I've never come across it before, but Invernesians are not well versed in Scots so you may be right. 

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Sounded like "Ribble". :lol: Not sure if it's wise to keep the guy's comment that he'd rather drive to Dumfries and back on a Tuesday night than spend time with his family, especially if his wife uses social media. :shutup 

She knows the score. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Why,  we're the players jogging to both the games? 

Just as a wee btw, and I've mentioned this many times before but it was your Chairman Willie Harkness who was also chairman of the SFA who kept Inverness teams out of senior football time and time again, as he said the long journey north was unacceptable for the likes of Queens.

Just as a wee btw, and I've mentioned this many times before but it was your Chairman Willie Harkness who was also chairman of the SFA who kept Inverness teams out of senior football time and time again, as he said the long journey north was unacceptable for the likes of Queens.

I doubt you’ll find anybody defending Willie Harkness here.