Alloa Athletic vs. Dundee (Tuesday night magic)

Did we really go back to that formation? Extremely poor call if that's the case, we were struggling with it then unbeaten in four after reverting to our tried and trusted shape. 

Not sure if it was a diamond we started with last night, second half was more of a flat four in midfield I thought with Trouts on the right, but he was coming inside a lot and getting involved in the play allowing Taggs to get forward.

Reason we lost wasn't the formation, Dundee were just too good imo, played with pace and power. They never let us settle into our passing game (McGowan was right on top of Flanny any time we tried to play the ball out from the back).

You could make a case that all three goals, especially the second, were poor defensively, but we didn't deserve anything from the game. I actually thought we played pretty well, just beaten by a good team on the night.

I have some sympathy with the view we could have brought Thomson on as for much of the second half we were getting plenty decent crosses into the box and had no height there, but Buchs and O'Hara were doing OK generally. Clearly though we are short of options from the bench.

Dundee looked a much improved outfit from the game at Dens. Hemmings was a handful and Dorrans gave them real quality in midfield.

On 28/10/2019 at 15:31, Dee Man said:

@LeodhasXD Do you live stream games or just do highlights?

At the minute just highlights. There's a few obstacles to overcome for livestraming. Sadly I'm in Hungary just now so highlights might not be to next week.

Also... Your footage is the one they sent me. So I can't make it any better..

Edited by LeodhasXD

On 29/10/2019 at 23:18, Redwedge77 said:

Thompson on for Buchanan would have gave a different focus for attack and a bit of physicality in area for crosses which was missing. Malcom could have replaced Brown or Hetherington as both fell out game.

Brown has to be in the game to drop out. Been a man short for the past 2 home games