Alloa Athletic vs. Dundee (Tuesday night magic)

Absolutely fantastic result. Couldn't possibly have asked for more or if the lads tonight, let's keep this momentum going come Friday!!

Looking forward to the highlights, my good Alloan friends.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Made it just in time for the first goal.

Comfortable win in the end. We took our foot off the gas for the first half hour of the second half but Alloa still couldn’t score.  Our third then just killed it.

Two wins on the bounce though. Nosebleed. 

Probably the easiest 3 points Dundee will have picked up this season so far this season.

I Cant understand how Grant changed the formation back to a diamond which has been proven we don’t have the players to play it.

Alloa totally in affective going forward. Only one shot target was very depressing. Buchanan played well but its clear he was blowing out his arse with20 minutes to go and Grant fails to make a change. Thompson and Malcom left on bench must have done something to piss him off.

bit harsh Redwedge , Dundee were very well organised and did their homework on us  , tactically spot on too , as good as anyone i have seen
so far except for Ayr maybe . cannot see how thompson or Malcolm could have made a difference , no complaints from me .
100% better team won . Dundee won't get an easier 90 mins this season . need to bounce back at Arbroath on sat

Very good first half, well on top with the high pressing game preventing Alloa playing the fluent football we've seen from them previously.  Wee bit worrying how we started the second half really flat again, a better team could have punished us. Overall got to be happy with the result and clean sheet to boot. Another excellent performance from Hemings who proved that if he gets the service he will score. Just a shame he never got what would have been a well deserved hat trick

bit harsh Redwedge , Dundee were very well organised and did their homework on us  , tactically spot on too , as good as anyone i have seen
so far except for Ayr maybe . cannot see how thompson or Malcolm could have made a difference , no complaints from me .

Thompson on for Buchanan would have gave a different focus for attack and a bit of physicality in area for crosses which was missing. Malcom could have replaced Brown or Hetherington as both fell out game.

Thompson on for Buchanan would have gave a different focus for attack and a bit of physicality in area for crosses which was missing. Malcom could have replaced Brown or Hetherington as both fell out game.
Think Thompson will start Saturday don't think any of the players would have made any difference

Best 45 minutes we have played this season. A wee bit concerning how the second half went, as Scotty said, but still it was great to see an outbreak of football from us. Could have easily been 5 with Kano missing his easiest chance and Gowser with his usual comic cuts misses. No failures, with Dorrans running the show and Nelson doing a great shift on the left wing. Very pleasing.

On 28/10/2019 at 18:30, RossBFaeDundee said:

Pfft, we won our last away game in Alloa 3-0, will be a piece of piss, I expect nothing less than the same.*

*...in the penultimate game to winning the league in 2014. Will take any win we can get. Predicting 1-2 the Dee, Johnson starts and bags another goal and McDaid keeps his hot streak going.

See, what did I say? No doubts whatsoever.

P.S. Please ignore the doubts at the bottom of the quoted post.

8 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

I Cant understand how Grant changed the formation back to a diamond which has been proven we don’t have the players to play it.

Did we really go back to that formation? Extremely poor call if that's the case, we were struggling with it then unbeaten in four after reverting to our tried and trusted shape. 

As for the subs, suspect over the last few weeks we have been putting some players on the bench even though they aren't 100% fit, basically because we don't have anybody else.

Edited by Waspie