Alloa Athletic vs. Dundee (Tuesday night magic)

More of the same as last night hopefully.

I'd be happy enough if McPake used the same system and players. Asking Nelson to play left mid and try to also get forward and support Hemmings is a big ask, but he has the energy to do it. My concern is that if we lose the ball up the pitch it will leave Marshall exposed on occasion, and as we saw last night, Nelson perhaps isn't the best at tracking his man defensively in the way that a legit midfielder might be. 

Still, I though with dropping into a 4-1-4-1 when we didn't have the ball, the midfield didn't look anything like as easy to play through as when we play a flat 4-4-2. The role Byrne played seems to suit him to a tee, and it frees up Gowser to chase everything and gives Dorrans decent space to work in. I'd just go with it again.

Edited by Boo Khaki

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mon Dundee, intae these Alloan b*****ds!!

Oh wait, Alloa still have a game to play before this.

Mon Alloa, intae those southern b*****ds!!

Cannae wait to do the team in dark blue a favour and then crush their dreams. #roaringback

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Realistically, we won't have a better chance to put a run of results together but Alloa are unbeaten in 3 now and we can't seem to find any form of consistency.

Tough game draw for me 1-1

so how did the Partick  v montrose game finish  ?  🙂

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Funny that the DUFC fans were saying the same thing last time out ,

Quite right.

C’mon Waspies; intae these Dark Blue b*****dos.

You owe it to Scottish football to complete a famous double against the City of Dundee.

26 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Quite right.

C’mon Waspies; intae these Dark Blue b*****dos.

You owe it to Scottish football to complete a famous double against the City of Dundee.

Lochee United lost their Scottish Cup replay against BSC Glasgow in Alloa's ground today. I fear that pitch is cursed for Dundee teams.

On 26/10/2019 at 08:53, Boo Khaki said:

More of the same as last night hopefully.

I'd be happy enough if McPake used the same system and players. Asking Nelson to play left mid and try to also get forward and support Hemmings is a big ask, but he has the energy to do it. My concern is that if we lose the ball up the pitch it will leave Marshall exposed on occasion, and as we saw last night, Nelson perhaps isn't the best at tracking his man defensively in the way that a legit midfielder might be. 

Still, I though with dropping into a 4-1-4-1 when we didn't have the ball, the midfield didn't look anything like as easy to play through as when we play a flat 4-4-2. The role Byrne played seems to suit him to a tee, and it frees up Gowser to chase everything and gives Dorrans decent space to work in. I'd just go with it again.

Pretty much agree with this.  Nelson put in a huge shift against Ayr but having to scrap in midfield, push forward and also play cover at left back is far too much.  Our midfield disappeared for about 15 minutes in the second half with Ayr pushing up and getting corner after corner.  Not sure as to why that happened but over the piece we did control things a lot better.