Forfar vs Airdrie

Guest bernardblack

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’m a fan of Docherty but it feels like he has to be in the side at all times. Moving him into midfield was an odd one.

Kirkpatrick not happy being subbed....

He is only a sitting midfielder...needs someone in front...like Ross Forbes perhaps, instead of being wasted out wide, just a thought!!

Kirky should have been delighted.

10 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’m a fan of Docherty but it feels like he has to be in the side at all times. Moving him into midfield was an odd one.

Kirkpatrick not happy being subbed....

I thought we were going for it for once when Irvine went off but no Docherty was moved in to sit infront of the defence even though we were getting beat. Safety first at all times.

We have to be leaving Docherty and Irvine out now and get two forward thinking midfielders into the middle of the park and a settled team and formation.

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I thought we were going for it for once when Irvine went off but no Docherty was moved in to sit infront of the defence even though we were getting beat. Safety first at all times.

We have to be leaving Docherty and Irvine out now and get two forward thinking midfielders into the middle of the park and a settled team and formation.

Let's hear who they are then.....this will be interesting.

15 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Of course we could play one of them at left back..you know the position that the club has failed to plug since Yano left?

Guest bernardblack
Of course we could play one of them at left back..you know the position that the club has failed to plug since Yano left?

Surely playing an actual left back would be a better idea?

Robertson needs a run in the team in the middle of the park.

Forbes needs dropped too

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

Surely playing an actual left back would be a better idea?

Robertson needs a run in the team in the middle of the park.

Forbes needs dropped too

😀...we don't have one though that is the problem!!

If you are saying we need to play Robertson then let's just give up!!

Guest bernardblack
[emoji3]...we don't have one though that is the problem!!
If you are saying we need to play Robertson then let's just give up!!

I’d play Burns. He had one bad game and seems to have this terrible reputation, which is unfair.

Ideally I’d play Murray ahead of Irvine and Robertson but Irvine needs a game off

I’ve been puzzled for a very long time why you let Andrew Steeves go. He’s probably the best left back in the league and has been a class act from the moment he arrived at LP.

Delighted with the 3 points today.  1st half was disappointing but good to see it wasnt just long ball stuff.  Big difference in 2nd half was gallacher playing through the middle with Smith wide right.  Roberts played closer to the forward line.  The team seemed to play with more belief.   Forfar played similarly to us in the last few weeks. When the took the lead they didn't press just sat back and seemed to let airdrie have the ball and wait for a counter attack but all too often slack passes let them down.   All the best to forfar for the rest of the season. Some good honest friendly fans and a top notch pie stand. They have a good side and we have been overdue a decent result.  

1 minute ago, notsofedupendie said:

I’ve been puzzled for a very long time why you let Andrew Steeves go. He’s probably the best left back in the league and has been a class act from the moment he arrived at LP.

He was the perfect replacement for Yano but we screwed up x2....Bollan fucked this club up Hegarty style and even last seasons high finish hasn't covered the cracks.

Much of these posts were written about us over the last few weeks and I sympathise with Forfar fans. Once Airdrie got that goalie howler ( He usually defies us) and the second so quickly it seemed to dent any fight from Forfar. I like Hilson and he deserves praise but I can't see Kirkpatrick as a centre forward. Tapping was anonymous and Forbes reminded me of Ryan Conroy with us last season who blames all but him.  The young subs who came on did try but they don't look ready yet. This a funny old League so you will probably beat Falkirk next week. It was cold today and I dressed for the Angus hills-winter has arrived.

Hilson wasn’t even fit today and still put in a bigger shift than the rest of the players. First half both teams were garbage. Second half airdrie improved.......fractionally. But we crumbled. The squad is nowhere near good enough. 

Kirkpatrick, Forbes, mclean, macphee, Irvine, tapping,burns have all been shocking. 

Lets not not beat around the bush. Squad not good enough to finish higher than bottom 3 or 4

Edited by Farfirloon93
Spell correct