U17s

Kuro

Ritchie in goal is decent and fairley has some left peg.  Hanratty is talented.

A lot of technically good players middle to front but very raw take far too many touches try to do too much etc.  

Decent side would recommend Croatia on Monday, probably be a good watch.

Watched some of the game. Some tidy players, morrison and King at back look good. As did a number of our other players. All comfortable on the ball and technically good. 

We are getting things right at under age levels just now, long may it continue. 

I was at the game and technically we were every bit as good as Croatia, if not better, and kept posession very well. Problem was, first half particularly, was turning that possession into meaningful chances. We spent too long on sideways and backward passes, there was little invention and a reluctance to have a pop. Croatia on the other hand were faster turning the ball over into an attack and looked more dangerous as a result.

A draw would have been a fair result.

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I was at the game and technically we were every bit as good as Croatia, if not better, and kept posession very well. Problem was, first half particularly, was turning that possession into meaningful chances. We spent too long on sideways and backward passes, there was little invention and a reluctance to have a pop. Croatia on the other hand were faster turning the ball over into an attack and looked more dangerous as a result.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Not from what I saw, but you were there! Thought Croatia, generally speaking, were bigger and stronger, although Scotland had a couple of giraffes, too. I thought Scotland played some nice stuff but didn't offer much threat, but I only saw the second half.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not from what I saw, but you were there! Thought Croatia, generally speaking, were bigger and stronger, although Scotland had a couple of giraffes, too. I thought Scotland played some nice stuff but didn't offer much threat, but I only saw the second half.

Scotland dominated possession first half but didn't create that much, a few half chances, but then neither did Croatia.  It though overall the game was pretty even and a draw a fair result.  Immaterial as they grabbed a very well taken winner, and both progress anyway.