Proven Conspiracy Theories

sjc

1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

There are a lot of people who think that about a lot of differing groups on the internet. There has been a fair bit of research recently that the algorithms and design of various social media platforms are in effect radicalising large portions of our society. I am going to go a bit nerdy here so fair warning. 

Dopamine is known as a pleasure hormone, we you have a surge of it you feel good. MDMA gives you a nice surge of it (thought its affects are more down to serotonin). But dopamine is also connected with learning. When your behaviour releases dopamine you reinforce neural pathways that mean you remember the behaviour and are more likely to repeat it. A lot of tech is designed to get you to get a small buzz form interacting and want to interact more. (look up "dopamine learning and reward-seeking behavior" for lots more on this). When you get an upvote, here, on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc your brain remembers it and wants more. So you keep doing the same thing to get more upvotes. Its subtle but when you interact with a group you are pushed to say things the group approves off. The algorithms detect what you approve off and feed more of that into your news feeds. So you get a self reinforcing cycle of the news you get increasingly focussed on one political or social outlook and you actively engaging and being taught to enjoy being more outrageous in your engagement with it. In effect social media is a tool for self radicalisation. Its apolitical. Its not some deep state super plot to make you dumb. Its simply how you are more likely to keep glued to a screen and drive advertising revenue. 

I can absolutely see why people in conspiracy websites would get that kind of mindset. 

I dunno. I have blocked/muted just about everybody on twitter who posts about football or party/constitutional politics because its really fucking tedious. I also found I was getting more annoyed by the same dozen people liking posts than anyone who disagreed

Maybe its a self hate thing like those people who are disgusted by anyone who would have sex with them.

There are a lot of people who think that about a lot of differing groups on the internet. There has been a fair bit of research recently that the algorithms and design of various social media platforms are in effect radicalising large portions of our society. I am going to go a bit nerdy here so fair warning. 
Dopamine is known as a pleasure hormone, we you have a surge of it you feel good. MDMA gives you a nice surge of it (thought its affects are more down to serotonin). But dopamine is also connected with learning. When your behaviour releases dopamine you reinforce neural pathways that mean you remember the behaviour and are more likely to repeat it. A lot of tech is designed to get you to get a small buzz form interacting and want to interact more. (look up "dopamine learning and reward-seeking behavior" for lots more on this). When you get an upvote, here, on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc your brain remembers it and wants more. So you keep doing the same thing to get more upvotes. Its subtle but when you interact with a group you are pushed to say things the group approves off. The algorithms detect what you approve off and feed more of that into your news feeds. So you get a self reinforcing cycle of the news you get increasingly focussed on one political or social outlook and you actively engaging and being taught to enjoy being more outrageous in your engagement with it. In effect social media is a tool for self radicalisation. Its apolitical. Its not some deep state super plot to make you dumb. Its simply how you are more likely to keep glued to a screen and drive advertising revenue. 
I can absolutely see why people in conspiracy websites would get that kind of mindset. 

The “reward seeking behaviour” aspect is also heavily related to addiction

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What is it that Trump does that mobilises QAnon and other paranoid nut cases?

George W Bush as far as I remember didn’t have that same effect.

He indulges them with his rambling nonsense; it's pretty clear he browses their pish and alludes to it when it suits him. He emboldens them by coming up with his own crackpot theories based on nothing but his own petty grudges. He's their God. He's even been dropping hints about the US government having information about the existence of extraterrestrials recently. Conspiracy theorists, like the white nationalists, are just another rabid group he keeps track of so he can press their buttons now and then and make sure they get out to vote.

Trump rode in on a wave of anti-establishment rhetoric and was clearly opposed by the Republican Party and Fox News etc in a way that I don't think Bush was. You can understand how someone into Q looks at John McCain's funeral and sees Bush, Obama and Clinton together while Trump isn't invited and conclude that he's on the outside of 'the swamp'.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Trump rode in on a wave of anti-establishment rhetoric and was clearly opposed by the Republican Party and Fox News etc in a way that I don't think Bush was. You can understand how someone into Q looks at John McCain's funeral and sees Bush, Obama and Clinton together while Trump isn't invited and conclude that he's on the outside of 'the swamp'.

To be fair, they may all have had their political disagreements, but I doubt any of them would've strutted around the memorial telling the mourners about what a piece of shit the dead man was  :lol:

Just noticed that he was bitching last year about not getting a thank you for giving the OK for McCain to have a state funeral. I bet Trump still keeps tabs on bootblacks that used spit on his shoes instead of polish back in the Fifties.

Surely no one other than the mentally ill believes the Q stuff. The rest of it is just people egging each other on for a laugh.

The tinfoil criticism stuff no longer works in the post Epstein world. Royals, politicians and other celebrities were flying to a billionaire's private island in the Caribbean to abuse children. All bets are off. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The tinfoil criticism stuff no longer works in the post Epstein world. Royals, politicians and other celebrities were flying to a billionaire's private island in the Caribbean to abuse children. All bets are off. 

I would tend to agree with you if we didn't have scores of people believing that 5G mast towers are a government plot to control our minds, and coronavirus was the cover up for installing them. Some conspiracies are now more believable, others are still as bat shit crazy as they've always been.

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Surely no one other than the mentally ill believes the Q stuff. The rest of it is just people egging each other on for a laugh.

We all that Andrew Windsor's been accused, but who else has actually had somebody say, "this person raped me on Paedophile Island"?

Everything I've seen about other famous people has revolved around the idea that there are no witnesses because the celebrities had them killed. There's some story about Hillary Clinton having some cops murdered because they saw a video of her torturing a young girl to death. Ellen DeGeneres is supposed to have a tattoo of the girl being killed somewhere on her body. Nobody has a lick of proof, which is just evidence that it must be true. Tinfoil hats very much seem to be in full effect.

I'm sure that after seeing Epstein 'commit suicide' after being moved to a single cell and the triple whammy of both guards falling asleep and the CCTV not recording his victims won't need much convincing to keep quiet. 

Bill Clinton obviously went to the island 26 times for the mojitos.

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'm sure that after seeing Epstein 'commit suicide' after being moved to a single cell and the triple whammy of both guards falling asleep and the CCTV not recording his victims won't need much convincing to keep quiet. 

Bill Clinton obviously went to the island 26 times for the mojitos.

So that's "no"? Dozens of victims of abuse by Epstein who are willing to speak out, but they're keeping their mouths shut about anyone else in case Bill Clinton has them killed?

There are still victim statements that haven't been made public. And the civil suit is being delayed by Epstein's estate and Maxwell (and Trump by the looks of it). 

You need to be realistic. Ghislaine Maxwell cruised around New York regularly for years procuring underage girls. Some of those girls were flown to his private island. Anyone who can't join the dots is very naive. 

I didn't realise until last week that Peter Mandelson holidayed with Epstein on the paedo island. Given that the Trump quote about Epstein's penchant for young girls has been out there for two decades you have to question why anyone was happy to be pictured with him repeatedly or dismiss it as an innocent mistake. Especially in Clinton's case given the stuff that is out there about him.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

It's more likely most of them went to snort coke and shag legally aged prostitutes beyond the sight of cameras, bit like Div's hot tub end of year bashes for the mods. Not every famous person looking for private debauchery is a paedophile.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I didn't realise until last week that Peter Mandelson holidayed with Epstein on the paedo island. Given that the Trump quote about Epstein's penchant for young girls has been out there for two decades you have to question why anyone was happy to be pictured with him repeatedly or dismiss it as an innocent mistake. Especially in Clinton's case given the stuff that is out there about him.

Prince Andrew, Bill Gates, Larry Summers and others were still hanging out with him after he got out of jail.

I'm listening to the Trueanon Maria Farmer interview episode just now and she said she went into hiding in the early 2000s because Maxwell threatened her. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

It's more likely most of them went to snort coke and shag legally aged prostitutes beyond the sight of cameras, bit like Div's hot tub end of year bashes for the mods. Not every famous person looking for private debauchery is a paedophile.

Unfortunately for them every Epstein property was completely covered by secret cameras. 

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It was more secret before the FBI went into them.

So it's known that the FBI have recordings from hidden cameras, or is it one of these "most likely that's what happened, aye definitely" things?

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So it's known that the FBI have recordings from hidden cameras, or is it one of these "most likely that's what happened, aye definitely" things?

The cameras are 100% confirmed. Nothing about the footage is public. The oldest victim claims that in 1996 she was staying in Leslie Wexner's home in Ohio and received a phone call from Maxwell in NYC who told her she was watching her on camera which suggests a sophisticated set up. 

The prosecutor who was in charge of the Palm Beach case in 2007 claims he was told that "Epstein belongs to intelligence".

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-sick-story-played-out-for-years-in-plain-sight