Proven Conspiracy Theories

sjc

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Current bushfires in Oz a deep state scheme to clear land for a high speed rail line

https://eclinik.net/australia-bush-fires-coincide-with-proposed-high-speed-train-path-smart-cities/

They said this about the fires in Brazil too. No imagination with conspiracy theories these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2020 at 16:00, nsr said:

Maybe Bigfoot was flying the 9/11 planes?

On 08/01/2020 at 19:04, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Don’t be so fucking ridiculous.

It was clearly Elvis.

On 08/01/2020 at 19:13, Sergeant Wilson said:

Bigfoot was flying Elvis?

On 08/01/2020 at 20:22, nsr said:

With Lord Lucan as navigator?

And Shergar in the hold.

• 3 weeks later...

The recent death at 100 of former merc Mad Mike Hoare, made me think on the Congo War in the 1960's.

Defo proven was that the then UN Secretary General, Dag Hammarskjold, was murdered by his own side.

The Un got a new boy in, and surprise surprise, his direction in the Crisis was not close to being the same.

And it is claimed it t'was an ex RAF boy that shot the plane down.

*Again not a surprise, murdering cuntos.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/12/raf-veteran-admitted-killing-un-secretary-general-dag-hammarskjold-in-1961

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dag_Hammarskjöld

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ended up down a rabbit hole last night when searching for something on Twitter - I can't even remember what the original search was for.

There appears to be a disturbing number of people who've decided that a variety of different American celebrities (Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Hanks, and obviously Hillary Clinton) are currently under house arrest pending prosecution on being part of an ancient Satanic cult that kills children and drinks their blood to prolong their lifespan. It appears to be tied in to this QAnon and Pizzagate nonsense that's been kicking about for years.

Seems like there are a surprising number of people who are utterly convinced this is true, and are very angry about it. I know the internet's always been full of cranks, but I can't help but think these folk are winding themselves up more and more to the point that they're actually going to hurt somebody.

41 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Ended up down a rabbit hole last night when searching for something on Twitter - I can't even remember what the original search was for.

There appears to be a disturbing number of people who've decided that a variety of different American celebrities (Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Hanks, and obviously Hillary Clinton) are currently under house arrest pending prosecution on being part of an ancient Satanic cult that kills children and drinks their blood to prolong their lifespan. It appears to be tied in to this QAnon and Pizzagate nonsense that's been kicking about for years.

Seems like there are a surprising number of people who are utterly convinced this is true, and are very angry about it. I know the internet's always been full of cranks, but I can't help but think these folk are winding themselves up more and more to the point that they're actually going to hurt somebody.

I can see Prince Philip trying that.

On 12/04/2020 at 18:28, D.A.F.C said:

Have been listening to this over the last couple of days, interesting stuff. Just facts nothing tinfoil hat, confirms a lot of what people thought happened after 9/11. Second link is a short version without the background.

I remember listening to that one at the time.  I don't particularly like Joe Rogan, but I listen sometimes depending on the guest.  I really didn't like Edward Snowden on a personal level.  Some of what he said was interesting, but I really didn't take to him at all.

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I can see Prince Philip trying that.

Hmm. I wonder if this is tied into David Icke's reptillian overlord fantasies.

Not enough to find out, though. I worry this shit's contagious.

26 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I know the internet's always been full of cranks, but I can't help but think these folk are winding themselves up more and more to the point that they're actually going to hurt somebody.

There are a lot of people who think that about a lot of differing groups on the internet. There has been a fair bit of research recently that the algorithms and design of various social media platforms are in effect radicalising large portions of our society. I am going to go a bit nerdy here so fair warning. 

Dopamine is known as a pleasure hormone, we you have a surge of it you feel good. MDMA gives you a nice surge of it (thought its affects are more down to serotonin). But dopamine is also connected with learning. When your behaviour releases dopamine you reinforce neural pathways that mean you remember the behaviour and are more likely to repeat it. A lot of tech is designed to get you to get a small buzz form interacting and want to interact more. (look up "dopamine learning and reward-seeking behavior" for lots more on this). When you get an upvote, here, on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc your brain remembers it and wants more. So you keep doing the same thing to get more upvotes. Its subtle but when you interact with a group you are pushed to say things the group approves off. The algorithms detect what you approve off and feed more of that into your news feeds. So you get a self reinforcing cycle of the news you get increasingly focussed on one political or social outlook and you actively engaging and being taught to enjoy being more outrageous in your engagement with it. In effect social media is a tool for self radicalisation. Its apolitical. Its not some deep state super plot to make you dumb. Its simply how you are more likely to keep glued to a screen and drive advertising revenue. 

I can absolutely see why people in conspiracy websites would get that kind of mindset. 

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

QAnon guy killed a New York mafia guy last year. Imagine David Chase writing a Sopranos season arc about that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/nyregion/gambino-shooting-anthony-comello-qanon.html