Moving out of the dark ages

Garret Deasy

There’s your problem with the west that both teams need to agree to play under floodlights if a teams got them the fixture man should be issuing fixtures for that team and away team should have no say in the matter 

I was sure there was some 'official' reason for it, because I am equally sure that we once hosted a midweek evening cup game,as a neutral venue. Might have ben the Lok.

The explanation I was given was that you could use floodlights in Cups but not in league games. There was a kind of grain of truth in that.

As Coyote says it's not normally a problem for us though there was one very wet season not that long ago where we had a bit of a backlog.

Glencairn were sent to play Whitletts Victoria in a league match on a Wednesday night with an 8pm kick off under their lights early last season. As far as I am aware we weren't asked if it was suitable or not, the fixture date and kick off time just appeared when the fixtures were issued. So yes, you can play league games under lights (we played Kilwinning under our lights earlier this season). I'm not convinced that both teams have to be in agreement though.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn were sent to play Whitletts Victoria in a league match on a Wednesday night with an 8pm kick off under their lights early last season. As far as I am aware we weren't asked if it was suitable or not, the fixture date and kick off time just appeared when the fixtures were issued. So yes, you can play league games under lights (we played Kilwinning under our lights earlier this season). I'm not convinced that both teams have to be in agreement though.

They do if its a rescheduled game and not one where there  is a set of fixtures issued. I presume your Whitletts game was 8pm for convenience and other games without lights kicked off at 6.45 or 7pm.

If you wanted to arrange a mid week game just now for example you would absolutely need the other team to agree to it

There was a ban of sorts introduced in the 80’s.Clubs were arranging league matches under the lights so suspended players would be available for Scottish cup ties.Dunipace had it a few times were teams would give up home advantage to play under the lights st Westfield

Its relevant to the  opening post .[emoji4] Did you think the thread title was just referring to floodlights?

Why yes I did. Do you ever get sick of trolling a forum that has nothing to do with your club? I firmly support the pyramid but some of the supporters of clubs who have already move sometimes make me think why!!

On 25/10/2019 at 11:51, Chis said:

Unfortunately not all Councils are prepared to assist Clubs in their efforts to install floodlights.

Some might ask why a certain Association, reportedly with a fat pile of cash in the bank, doesn't use some of it to give member clubs if not a grant then an extended loan to improve their grounds..

1230124231_noneofmybusiness.jpg.6f69341351b0fa306c952050cdbcf05a.jpg

I'm not trolling. The opening post clearly refers to other stuff rather than floodlights, it refers to the fact that certain clubs seem to be thriving after their move to the Senior leagues.  I merely pointed out that the two clubs I mentioned had results today that reinforced that view. Its not that long ago Penicuik were in abeyance for a number of years and Broxburn were in the bottom league of the East Region for ages.
I'm old enough to remember your team destroy a pretty decent Kelty team back in 1995 after a drawn game at Kelty. I think the difference between the Kelty club then and now is pretty decent. I'm not sure Arthurlie have advanced much since then though.

Absolutely agree we have gone backwards at a rate of knots and that is down to planning on and off the field. I have said for years the the SJFA could guarantee loans or use provide match funding for ground improvements that would improve the grade. I believe ground improvements are a way to get fans back and improve the grade. Shortsightedness has caused all this and clubs have only theirselves to blame.

Was in a bad mood on Saturday so lashed out at your post and shouldn’t have.