Montrose v Stranraer

Always a tough game when Stranraer come to town however i am confident that the Mo can get another win. With three wins in a row the team will be full of confidence so hopefully we can make it four straight wins.

We need to be clinical. I think Currie is a great keeper and could be playing at a higher level.

4 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Think we should go up there and kick lumps out of them just like they did down here , perhaps get a few of their players out injured for  a few weeks like they did down here to us .....

haha still bitter from the first game of the season? and i suppose if those players didnt get injured you would be in play off places would you?

Think we should go up there and kick lumps out of them just like they did down here , perhaps get a few of their players out injured for  a few weeks like they did down here to us .....
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Stick to Golf or something pal,football really is not for you.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Your carthorses get near enough to our players to kick them!   You're delusional.

Stick to being a stuffy, if boring, team and hope we have an off day.

Dont worry we are not all like kv. Should be good game. Unfortunately wont make it this time. Was at the last game at links park when we were terrible in the first half. Improved in games after that and survived in the league. Big changes in the squad now. If we can get a goalscorer we will be ok. 

First game since the Peterhead win for me. Looks like we're far more settled now, and on current form should be able to find a way to win this.

(That swine McGuigan better not have banked us later on)

On 23/10/2019 at 19:56, Blue1870 said:

Dont worry we are not all like kv. Should be good game. Unfortunately wont make it this time. Was at the last game at links park when we were terrible in the first half. Improved in games after that and survived in the league. Big changes in the squad now. If we can get a goalscorer we will be ok. 

Thank goodness for that , not all Stranraer supporters know F all about football

Looking forward to this one and thinking it will be a tough game. Montrose deserved their draw at Stair Park on Day One. I just want us to make amends for our Horror Show on our last visit to Links Park last season. We’ve shown very good form in our last few matches, but only in patches. Just need to get more consistent to start delivering wins. The game on the first day of the season showed that - we were on top for a lot of the game, then slipped out for a spell and Mo duly punished us.

We all know football doesn’t work this way but feel we’re due a win. Heart over head crap probably.

Results have been a bit more positive of late and injury woes not quite as bad so hopefully put a run together starting today.

Deserved victory for the Mo, scrappy affair though. Stranraer seemed happy to play with the ball in the air most of the game and when Montrose got the ball on the ground they played some decent stuff

Always felt that at 1-0 Stranraer would score though, cracking finish from Cammy number 1 to win it. One of those ‘as soon as it left his boot you knew it was in’

4 wins from 4 now, looking forward to becoming the first team to beat east fife this season next week

Cant see anything other than relegation for Stranraer playing the way the do 

Edited by broomiesniper

Really good all-round team performance today. First half we could possibly have been clear had Webby's goal not been chalked off, as we were on top at HT.

Second half we sat back and allowed Stranraer on, and again zonal marking at corners cost us.

However, there was something about our play today, a gritty togetherness that made me think we'd get a winner. Some not quite hitting their recent heights, but others stepping up which was pleasing to see.

Encouraging performance on the whole, and if we keep beating the teams below us we'll do well [emoji106]

I’ve got to say that the negative comments about Stranraer are pretty poor form from the Montrose lads. It’s not that long ago that the Mo were facing a play off to drop down to the HL. Play nice with the team that are bottom of the league. Also, GIRFUY KVZ, p***k. The Mo continue the upward trajectory, don’t be surprised if we are hosting Real Madrid in 3 years. You saw it here first! Was absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of the Stranraer fans in the Market Arms today, they were there for nearly an hour & never put one tune on the jukebox!!

Strange game. We were well on top for the first 20 mins .. then fell away for the next 50 ... but once they scored we got on the front foot again and (just about) deserved the win (which should have been bigger but for poor final balls). Wouldn’t have grudged Stranraer .. who played some neat stuff when not humping ball the length of the park .. a point. They do look pretty toothless though. Didn’t think we were at our best today and one or two were a bit off the pace but still ground out the win. Cammy deserved MotM but for me Dillo came a close second. Some cracking passes and last ditch defending.

Relieved to get the points. Largely felt like a game from the league lower, lot of iffy passing/decision making by both sides. If we had been 3-0 up I'd have understood sitting off the opposition like we did, but we let them back in after pretty much crusing the first half, almost to our cost. Stranraer work hard and dig in as always, but have to say I'd be surprised to see them finish above the bottom two with that team as is. 

Big test next week.

Great win today. Always great to watch the team not quite at their best but still manage to get there points. Have to say I was quite impressed with Stranraer at times, they were dangerous going forward and although Lennox didn't have to do too much they seemed a threat. Dillo and Ballantyne were brilliant at the back. Watson had a great game and Callaghan again shows us how much he has impressed over the last few months as he had a great energetic performance. Four wins in a row! Bring on five!