The Conor Pepper Derby - Morton v Caley Thistle

Fantastic result. Our best performance in weeks for all that we only decent for about 20 minutes of it, but who cares really? We needed that win and now we can have some hope that we really can maintain this home form.

The build up to the winner was a fitting example of the standard on show throughout the game. Having had a goal wrongly disallowed at 1-0 we were due a break though.

Hard fought win but deserved in my opinion. 

We troubled ICT and with a bit of composure could have added to our tally. Had what I thought a good goal chalked off.

Salkeld linked up well with McHugh and I would like to see that partnership develop. 

Bob took hos goals well.

ICT are a good team and I fully expect to see them in the top 4 at the end of the season

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Hard fought win but deserved in my opinion. 

We troubled ICT and with a bit of composure could have added to our tally. Had what I thought a good goal chalked off.

Salkeld linked up well with McHugh and I would like to see that partnership develop. 

Bob took hos goals well.

ICT are a good team and I fully expect to see them in the top 4 at the end of the season

Deserved, not for me,buy of course I'll take it. 

We got a bit of luck to grab the winner. Had we not got that, game would have probably fizzled out to a draw which both clubs would have probably took as being a  fair result with so few clear cut chances.  

1 hour ago, madton said:

Deserved, not for me,buy of course I'll take it. 

We got a bit of luck to grab the winner. Had we not got that, game would have probably fizzled out to a draw which both clubs would have probably took as being a  fair result with so few clear cut chances.  

Fair comment.. 

Ya ba dab a doo and it's easy easy.

Well maybe be not but happy with that result.

Would give that formation another outing on Tuesday. But hoppy could do with bringing on new legs Nesbitt and King before the 85 minute.

Not the quality of the end of last season game but a result and we are in a results business.

Dreadful game. Absolutely mind numbingly awful attempts at football from us. Long thump forward seemed to be the order of the day which got us the square root of f**k all. Bizarre that we persisted with this for so long. Is Welsh the only midfielder we have capable of getting the ball down and playing a pass? 

Not sure what happened with the opener. Our defence all seemed to stop and claim offside instead of playing to the whistle and McHugh finished well. If he was offside then it's a bit crap but at the same time that's extremely naive of us to just stop and assume we'll get a decision.

Well taken goal from Curry to bring us back into it. After that it was mostly us with the ball creating nothing of note before a Donaldson brain fart let McHugh in again and he finished well for the second time in the game. Whilst a draw was probably a fair result I'm finding it hard to feel too hard done by despite losing. Far too many players off the boil at the minute (McCart has looked a shadow of the player he had been after his public rinsing by Robertson after Partick) and our approach to the game was brutal. If I type any more I'll just get angry.

Nowhere near good enough. Heads gone etc...

That was like going back to Craig Brewster's second spell.  One formation which doesn't change despite the circumstances, players in the wrong positions and absolutely dreadful long ball football.  Jordan White is now into his second year with us and we've yet to learn that he, despite being very tall, is not a target man.  Miles Storey is absolutely garbage on the wing.  The guy is a centre forward and if we're going to get the best out of him, that's where he needs to play.  He can't cross the ball whatsoever and his shooting from range is just rubbish.  I've always liked Tremarco but I think his legs have gone.  Donaldson seems to gone off the boil altogether.  Vincent should've stayed in the past.

I thought Rooney and Carson played reasonably, while Curry shows flashes of being a good player and took his goal well.  I have to mention the tactics again though.  We didn't try and play football whatsoever today.  It'd be interesting to see the amount of time the ball spent airborne today - it could easily be 89 minutes.  And why do we only have one formation?  Every week it's 4-2-3-1 and whether we're winning or losing, never change it.  The subs are always always the same.  Like-for-like and extremely predictable.

Sad!

Edited by Highland Capital

I thought we came out and played at a really decent tempo for 15-20 minutes and could have been 2-0 up. But after that we fell out of the game and struggled to create anything at all, so I was grateful when the winner was created for us. 

I thought the disallowed goal right after our first was harsh at the time and watching it again hasn't changed my mind. Only decent bit of football we played all game as well. 

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I thought the disallowed goal right after our first was harsh at the time and watching it again hasn't changed my mind. Only decent bit of football we played all game as well. 

Classic shitebag refereeing to bail defenders out. There’s not a chance he’d give a penalty if a defender made that challenge to prevent a goal rather than an attacker making it to score.

It's a clear foul on Vincent. Morton player was lucky not to see red. With Morton down to 10 men I think we definitely would have gone on to win comfortably yesterday.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

It's a clear foul on Vincent. Morton player was lucky not to see red. With Morton down to 10 men I think we definitely would have gone on to win comfortably yesterday.

😳 Away and throw shite at yer self. There's an excuse for you getting it so wrong when you're seeing it live from around 100 yards away but if you've watched those highlights and still think he should've been sent off then there's little hope of getting a credible or unbiased opinion out of you.