EOS Future ?

39 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

What’s the format going to be going forward with EOS been interesting last few years watching. Also any new clubs rumoured to be applying from juniors or Amateurs ?

Way to early to tell at this point. Potential to repeat the format exists (EoS Premier champion promoted, Gretna relegated from LL and Eyemouth return).

However it seems more like another year of change with the fixed point of a 16 team EoS Premier.

Nobody knew Kinnoull were going to be in the league until late May/ early June as a late replacement for Eyemouth. The fact they slotted in at so late a stage suggests there might still be interested from the juniors.

The EoS website has had the information for applying for a while now. That's early for them. They might have put them up again so they can direct any inquiries they've received in that direction as a resource to what's expected.

Way to early to tell at this point. Potential to repeat the format exists (EoS Premier champion promoted, Gretna relegated from LL and Eyemouth return).
However it seems more like another year of change with the fixed point of a 16 team EoS Premier.
Nobody knew Kinnoull were going to be in the league until late May/ early June as a late replacement for Eyemouth. The fact they slotted in at so late a stage suggests there might still be interested from the juniors.
The EoS website has had the information for applying for a while now. That's early for them. They might have put them up again so they can direct any inquiries they've received in that direction as a resource to what's expected.

Yes fair enough, I’d like to see Eyemouth return good wee set up down there shame to see them take time out. I think the rest of east region won’t be too far behind kinnoull either however it would be a shame if there was no junior grade in the east.

Depends on how many clubs there are by the AGM in June. If there's not a big increase then the main decision will be whether to run with a First and Second Division below the Premier - IMO that would be wise as there's still a sizeable gap in quality between the top and bottom of each Conference, so games would be more competitive by adding another tier. Though with only ~12 clubs in each division they'd need to play 3 times or do something creative like a split.

14 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

it would be a shame if there was no junior grade in the east.

Why's that?

54 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Depends on how many clubs there are by the AGM in June. If there's not a big increase then the main decision will be whether to run with a First and Second Division below the Premier - IMO that would be wise as there's still a sizeable gap in quality between the top and bottom of each Conference, so games would be more competitive by adding another tier. Though with only ~12 clubs in each division they'd need to play 3 times or do something creative like a split.

I'd like to think they can get to tiered divisions next year without having to worry about 2x 12s. Eyemouth return and 3-4 others seem like an achievable number. 2x divisions of 14 would provide a suitable number of games for clubs at that level.

Crux of the matter is of course getting the applicants.

Why's that?

Yeah that’s an option. And due to the local derbies which have been taking place and also the nostalgia of the junior cup in the communities involved with the teams. However I feel that the move will happen soon and will probably be good for all involved.

45 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

Yeah that’s an option. And due to the local derbies which have been taking place and also the nostalgia of the junior cup in the communities involved with the teams. However I feel that the move will happen soon and will probably be good for all involved.

Well it depends if they want to join eosf they thought they should have got in at tier 6 but we gave harthill a hiding 12-4 their last two goals and our last goal by the time it got to that it was like a kick about

Well it depends if they want to join eosf they thought they should have got in at tier 6 but we gave harthill a hiding 12-4 their last two goals and our last goal by the time it got to that it was like a kick about

That’s friendlies for you, also I’d expect there’s a big difference In the wage structure between both clubs. I’d probably fancy them to beat teams in the EOs conferences though, having watched both leagues this season. I am unsure which tier they’d come in, I’d say tier 6/7 is probably about right though just depends on how the eosfl structure next season.

11 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

That’s friendlies for you, also I’d expect there’s a big difference In the wage structure between both clubs. I’d probably fancy them to beat teams in the EOs conferences though, having watched both leagues this season. I am unsure which tier they’d come in, I’d say tier 6/7 is probably about right though just depends on how the eosfl structure next season.

no Team in the East of Scotland Premier Division would lose to Harthill.

1 hour ago, teamfinderscot said:

And due to the local derbies which have been taking place and also the nostalgia of the junior cup in the communities involved with the teams. However I feel that the move will happen soon and will probably be good for all involved.

For clubs east of Broxburn, all of the derbies from the juniors have transferred over to the seniors and in fact, more have been created (e.g. Whitehill v other Midlothian teams, Edinburgh United v the other Edinburgh teams).

Most of the West Lothian clubs have stayed junior so they've kept their derbies, and most of the Fife clubs who remained junior weren't in the same division as those who moved anyway.

Sure the junior cup is good for those who progress but the benefits of moving to the senior pyramid and licensing far outweigh staying just for the junior cup.

36 minutes ago, teamfinderscot said:

I am unsure which tier they’d come in, I’d say tier 6/7 is probably about right though just depends on how the eosfl structure next season.

I'm hoping you mean tier 7-8. Tier 6 is the EoS Premier and is basically filled with most of the clubs that spent prolonged periods in the old East Region Super League.

There's a chance of still getting in at Tier 7 this year. If they are interested in that it'd be best to apply early and get others to do the same.

I get the feeling that after this season it will go premier then first division, with conferences underneath. I'd imagine clubs will vote for that.

Whilst I enjoy the conferences, the mix up of games (inter conference). My impression was last season and this season have been transition seasons and a traditional set up will be resumed.

Blackburn beat Pumpherston 6-0 on Monday, but it's a friendly so can you really draw any conclusions, probably not.

Like G4Mac, I think (hope) we revert to a traditional divisional format next season, with more promotion/relegation opportunities. New clubs join at the bottom.

I realise I'm not in the majority, but I wouldn't mind the conferences if it went that way again. I think they are a unique solution to a unique problem in the EoS and the league have quite rightly received the plaudits for coming up with it.

The only issue I have with conferences is the promotion side of things as Burnie mentions. 1.5 per conference isn't ideal, particularly if you end up with one conference stronger than the other (such I guess we'll start to see from this week forward) but with conferences you can't really have any more than 1.5 per.

For that reason alone I'd flatten the structure and go 3 up/3down from ideally a 16 team championship below the premier.

Footnote: when naming the league's, please don't use championship. [emoji846]

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

I realise I'm not in the majority, but I wouldn't mind the conferences if it went that way again. I think they are a unique solution to a unique problem in the EoS and the league have quite rightly received the plaudits for coming up with it.

The only issue I have with conferences is the promotion side of things as Burnie mentions. 1.5 per conference isn't ideal, particularly if you end up with one conference stronger than the other (such I guess we'll start to see from this week forward) but with conferences you can't really have any more than 1.5 per.

For that reason alone I'd flatten the structure and go 3 up/3down from ideally a 16 team championship below the premier.

Footnote: when naming the league's, please don't use championship. emoji846.png

Even though the short hand is Conference A and Conference B right now, the EoS has retained the First Division name for them. With the common sense approach they've shown i'm sure we won't have to worry about a Championship division :)

It's very much early doors in a 34 game season. Let's just say it ended today and the top 8 in each Conference made up a 16 First Division. The remaining 8 clubs plus a returning Eyemouth would look like:

Arniston Rangers
Craigroyston
Easthouses Lily MW
Eyemouth United
Hawick Royal Albert United
Oakley United
Ormiston
Peebles Rovers
Tweedmouth Rangers

The only technical outlier in that would  be Oakley with everyone else being Edinburgh/South East.

For the Juniors that were mainly worried about travelling all over the East in Conferences maybe they wouldn't mind coming in at Tier 8. The bulk of those clubs are going to make up a 'South' Division. If you're in Fife you'd definitely be in the 'North' Division it just gets a bit nit picky for West Lothian clubs.

I'm hoping you mean tier 7-8. Tier 6 is the EoS Premier and is basically filled with most of the clubs that spent prolonged periods in the old East Region Super League.
There's a chance of still getting in at Tier 7 this year. If they are interested in that it'd be best to apply early and get others to do the same.

I spoke to someone the other day and they told me that eos conferences (1st division) is still tier 6 along with premier but if not tier 7 would be appropriate for most barring top 2 from each super league in that region. Hopefully something gets sorted soon