39 dead bodies found in the back of a lorry

4 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

18th June - Alison Moyet's birthday - you could be easily forgiven for having more important things on your mind than the tragic goings on at the Channel coast, tbf...

Essex girl and today's bodies were found in Essex. Shurely shome coincidence?

32 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Is the container part of a truck air tight? Surely there has to be ventilation?

Fucking dreadful.

Shipping containers are airtight. I don't imagine 39 people would survive long at all in there, even if the people responsible for attempting to smuggle them had bothered to drill a few holes in there. 

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Shipping containers are airtight. I don't imagine 39 people would survive long at all in there, even if the people responsible for attempting to smuggle them had bothered to drill a few holes in there. 

Doesn't look like a shipping container though.

4 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Alison Moyet....

15 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I don't think she was in the truck but probably still wid

she could more than hold her own in celebrity chin-off with Jimmy Hill and David Coulthard - and Brucie

Edited by Herman Hessian
how could I forget Brucie !

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Doesn't look like a shipping container though.

I had assumed it was with the use of the word 'container'  but now that I've had a look, that's actually a refrigerated trailer - the unit at the front of the trailer is the fridge unit. These are definitely airtight. 

I get where DA is coming from. We have a right wing PM describing it as "truly heartbreaking" yet these kind of events are the manifestation of demonising and dehumanising right wing policies. 

Horrible news. However knew it wouldn’t be too long before someone came along blaming Boris for this. By policies do you mean nasty things like border controls same as ever other country?

Initial reports of the lorry coming via Ireland look like a lot of rubbish.

I agree with DA it's outrageous that the press leapt straight at the migrant angle when it's far more likely they are refugees or seeking asylum or being trafficked.

Excuse my ignorance but do lorry drivers check their cargo before driving off or do they just hitch the cab to the trailer and drive off?