18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It was about half a second later. Even if the ref was giving the penalty, there's no way he'd have whistled before Souda's challenge.

Having read that I went back and looked again. There was ample time for the ref to blow for the penalty. Certainly a lot more time than it took for him to blow for the sending off. Seven red cards for Livi since 2017/18. Five of them have been given by Aitken. He's also denied two clear penalties in that time. Food for thought if nothing else. 😏

20 hours ago, spiggle said:

I think it shows how poor the game was that we are talking about the refs performance, rather than how either team played. Both teams were dire and I pity anyone having to watch that game again. It was horrible. Neither team played well and the only reason we can be happy with a point is that we spent almost half the game with 10 men.

I thought Hickey was lucky to stay on the pitch when he got the yellow in the first half, how anyone could think that Christoph Berra could catch up to Scott Robinson after the rugby tackle is a joke. There was another incident in the second half where Hickey scythed down Jacobs (I think) and should have gotten a yellow for that but I'm probably being biased and have yellow tinted specs.

As for the main incident, it definitely should have been a penalty, another rugby tackle on Robinson by keeper this and the ref giving a red card for pulling out of an attempted overhead kick is laughable. Is this the next thing to be outlawed, the overhead kick, sheesh.

Both teams were bad and there was only really two clear cut chances, one was a save from Sarkic and the other a clearance off the line from Michael Smith. I will join the Hearts fans in wishing that Levein gets the sack. Hearts used to be an exciting team to watch with attacking fullbacks who supported the wingers, putting in dangerous crosses. Not this dross, where you pump high ball after high ball into Ikpeazu, hoping he gets a free kick outside the box. If I was a Hearts fan, I'd be worried that my team did nothing for 15-20 mins against 10 men. In fact, I would be worried whilst that clown is still in charge.

If Naismith plays then it's a whole different game, he's as important to them as Dykes is to us, maybe even more so. Without Naismith then it's just as you described it, big punts up to Ikpeazu, with no plan B. Halkett back fit for set pieces would make a big difference to them too, he's always a danger from them.

Its been the same story for Hearts under Levein for a couple of seasons though, one dimensional football. 

21 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It was about half a second later. Even if the ref was giving the penalty, there's no way he'd have whistled before Souda's challenge.

Could've just given him a yellow, Souda didn't actually catch him with the attempted overhead kick, it was when they were both on the deck he accidentally kicked him as they were both rolling on the ground. The pen still should've been given regardless though, Aitken is an incompetent diddy.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Anyone that thinks Hickey should've been sent off for that pull clearly don't know the laws regarding the challenge.

Hickey: on a second view I can see why a yellow given as defensive cover, IMO;

Robinson+Ikpeazu: should’ve scored for respective team;

Devlin/Hickey: (only seen once and live from directly adjacent in stand) thought 50/50 so not a free kick;

Robinson+Souda: penalty to Livi (Hearts ‘keeper even said so) and following non-award I can see why a red was given (we all agree it wasn’t a tackle)

McMillan: at least it was on target but it was a defenders’ strike - could’ve scored

Edited by crispy

57 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah I can see why a red was given to Souda too, Aitken's an incompetent idiot,

Not sure I agree on the red card assessment; I dont think he connects with the hearts player effectively pulling up on the scissor kick thing although I cant really see whats happening with his other foot. Lying on the ground he doesnt seem to stamp out or extend his leg.

However i would agree it was reckless and, with Aitken in the middle, frankly stupidly foolhardy.