9 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

"Livi were terrific" they were just as shite as Hearts and that's saying something. Did you partake in drugs before watching the game?

Aye, apart from Livi having to play the second half with 10 men. 

Just rewatched the red card incident on Sky. Only one angle but it doesn't even look like a yellow. Also we should have had a penalty in the buildup.

Aitken is a fucking bellend.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

21 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Cece Pepe's never started alongside Dykes either, but I'm also ruling that one out.

I take your point though, I like Tiffoney and I'd like to see him get more game time, but he just doesn't seem to fit. He's too lightweight for up top in the system that we're playing, and he's behind the list of players I mentioned for either of the wing spots or the most advanced CM. I'd be all for shipping him out on loan again in January.

Well Pepe didn't play up front but Odoffin did,:lol: and did a pretty good job of it, chasing down balls and pressing Hearts defenders. Wee Robbo was shagged out after Souda's red card, being left to do the running up front on his lonesome.

Devlin going off injured left us a bit weaker in attack too, he was getting bags of room down the wing and put in some good balls, we're really struggling now if Dykes and Miller are out injured too.

On the whole i'm happy with the point, big blow having Dykes not playing, and got even worse with having to play the 2nd half with 10 men, fantastic effort by the players keeping a clean sheet. 

Aitken truly is a complete and utter useless c**t of a ref, absolute shocking performance by him in the 2nd half.

"Livi were terrific" they were just as shite as Hearts and that's saying something. Did you partake in drugs before watching the game?
We actually tried to play football.
Hearts tactics for the whole game was "fall over. Win free kick. Boot it to Uche."
Every time we went forward we looked like scoring. Chasing every ball.
You had 1 chance that Uche was already celebrating scoring from until he realised Sarkic had saved it.
Livi were the better side the entire game.

We weren’t very good but it’s a lot more telling about where Hearts are at the moment that they played 45-odd minutes against 10 men and never really looked like winning the match. Bizarrely we seemed to get a bit of a bounce after the red card and looked the better side for 20 or so minutes. Have never seen a sub as bizarre as Odoffin being thrown on up front but it seemed to work up to a point so fair play to Holt for that one.

Lack of strikers really killing us, as without Dykes we seem to continue the same style of play despite replacing him with a short arsed midfielder. We’ve already proved that we can play some football this season so why revert to type, especially against this Hearts team?

Greg Aitken is an awful, awful referee. A truly laughable sending off today, and was drawn in time and time again by big Uche. You’d be a wise man to bet on a sending off for us next time he’s officiating one of our games.

The phase of play leading to the Souda red card starts at 4:45 into this. To me, it looks only a foul and neither a red nor yellow card offence. Souda realises he has been beaten to the ball so doesn't follow through with his attempted volley. 

One of the worst refereeing displays I've seen for a long time. Aitken pounced upon the Sounda incident because it saved him making a call on the keeper fouling Robinson in the lead up to it. He was inconsistent with his decisions for both sides and had no control over the game. Unacceptable.

Not a brilliant game of football but we showed tremendous spirit after going down to 10. Crawford was excellent and deserved his motm award.

Just saw it on Sky. Never a red or even a yellow.

One of the worst refereeing displays I've seen for a long time. Aitken pounced upon the Sounda incident because it saved him making a call on the keeper fouling Robinson in the lead up to it. He was inconsistent with his decisions for both sides and had no control over the game. Unacceptable.

Not a brilliant game of football but we showed tremendous spirit after going down to 10. Crawford was excellent and deserved his motm award.

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Should’ve had a penalty in the build-up to the sending off; ‘keepers arm around Robinson’s neck.

Incompetent refereeing is killing us this season. Never seems to be in our favour either. 

I fully expect the club to appeal the red and they should also be putting in a letter of complaint regarding Aitken. He's sent a Livi player off in almost every match he's been involved in and a few of them have been overturned.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I fully expect the club to appeal the red and they should also be putting in a letter of complaint regarding Aitken. He's sent a Livi player off in almost every match he's been involved in and a few of them have been overturned.

Think the same thing happened at Hearts with Collum?, it happened so frequently they used to train playing with 10 men when they saw Collum was officiating their game.

1 hour ago, orco said:

If the idiot had given the stonewall penalty the red card incident would never have happened. 🙄

It was about half a second later. Even if the ref was giving the penalty, there's no way he'd have whistled before Souda's challenge.

Despite all the claims of two footed challenges etc. etc. I didn't think it was a dirty game and yet there were seven cards shown.

Apart from anything else it really shows the referee didn't have control of the game from point one. The niggly fouls should have been stamped out as should the rolling around thumping the ground before being back on his feet a moment later and running after the ball. In the old days I remember referee's calling both captains together and giving them a talking to (as they do in rugby now) before all the card happy nonsense. If it had gone on much longer both teams could have ended up with eight players.

I think it shows how poor the game was that we are talking about the refs performance, rather than how either team played. Both teams were dire and I pity anyone having to watch that game again. It was horrible. Neither team played well and the only reason we can be happy with a point is that we spent almost half the game with 10 men.

I thought Hickey was lucky to stay on the pitch when he got the yellow in the first half, how anyone could think that Christoph Berra could catch up to Scott Robinson after the rugby tackle is a joke. There was another incident in the second half where Hickey scythed down Jacobs (I think) and should have gotten a yellow for that but I'm probably being biased and have yellow tinted specs.

As for the main incident, it definitely should have been a penalty, another rugby tackle on Robinson by keeper this and the ref giving a red card for pulling out of an attempted overhead kick is laughable. Is this the next thing to be outlawed, the overhead kick, sheesh.

Both teams were bad and there was only really two clear cut chances, one was a save from Sarkic and the other a clearance off the line from Michael Smith. I will join the Hearts fans in wishing that Levein gets the sack. Hearts used to be an exciting team to watch with attacking fullbacks who supported the wingers, putting in dangerous crosses. Not this dross, where you pump high ball after high ball into Ikpeazu, hoping he gets a free kick outside the box. If I was a Hearts fan, I'd be worried that my team did nothing for 15-20 mins against 10 men. In fact, I would be worried whilst that clown is still in charge.