17 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I'm not entirely sure why Tiffoney is even in the conversation to be honest. I like him, and he has potential, but he's behind Dykes, Robinson, Lawless, Souda, Erskine, Sibbald, Miller, Crawford and Stobbs in the 'attacking player' ranks. Could argue that Lawson would be ahead of him anywhere but up front as well.

Simple 4-2-3-1 with Lawless, Robinson and one of Souda/Sibbald/Crawford behind Dykes up top.

He has never started alongside Dykes so how do you know?

Nobody is saying Dykes should be dropped so he can still play with Dykes in the team, same with Lawless and Robbo. Crawford aint a goal scorer though so he isn't vying for the same position, Erskine is injured afaik, but i'd still like to see Tiffoney given a chance, as imo Erskine isn't a goal scorer either, and he's missed 2 absolute sitters for us. I like Souda too but he's had a fair amount of game time to get some goals and has fallen out of favour, same with Sibbs, and Miller is more a replacement for Dykes, too similar to be affective pairing.

Dunno if Tiffoney will work out but I had high hopes for him this season, esp after his goals against Motherwell last season, and we don't have anyone up front banging goals in, Dykes is doing a great job and scoring the odd goal, but we are desperate for someone else to help him out.

I think Pittman will get goals when he finally gets back into the team from his injury picking up his bairn, so frustrating that he is out injured. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He has never started alongside Dykes so how do you know?

Nobody is saying Dykes should be dropped so he can still play with Dykes in the team, same with Lawless and Robbo. Crawdord aint a goal scorer though so he isn't vying for the same position, Erskine is injured afaik, but i'd still like to see Tiffoney given a chance, as imo Erskine isn't a goal scorer either, and he's missed 2 absolute sitters for us. I like Souda too but he's had a fair amount of game time to get some goals and has fallen out of favour, same with Sibbs, and Miller is more a replacement for Dykes, too similar to be affective pairing.

Duynno if Tiffoney will work out but I had high hopes for him this season, esp after his goals against Motherwell last season, and we don't have anyone up front banging goals in, Dykes is doing a great job and scoring the off goal, but we are desperate for someone else to help him out.

I think Pittman will get goals when he finally gets back into the team from his injury picking up his bairn, so frustrating that he is out injured. 

Cece Pepe's never started alongside Dykes either, but I'm also ruling that one out.

I take your point though, I like Tiffoney and I'd like to see him get more game time, but he just doesn't seem to fit. He's too lightweight for up top in the system that we're playing, and he's behind the list of players I mentioned for either of the wing spots or the most advanced CM. I'd be all for shipping him out on loan again in January.

34 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Cece Pepe's never started alongside Dykes either, but I'm also ruling that one out.

I take your point though, I like Tiffoney and I'd like to see him get more game time, but he just doesn't seem to fit. He's too lightweight for up top in the system that we're playing, and he's behind the list of players I mentioned for either of the wing spots or the most advanced CM. I'd be all for shipping him out on loan again in January.

Might be onto something, a reverse Todorov.:lol:

We're going to have to do some team rotation this week with 3 games in 7 days, wouldn't expect the defence to alter much, maybe Lamie and Lithgow being rotated, but the midfield is bound to have some players changing for the Hearts and Hibs games. Miller may even start against Hibs to rest up Dykes. Hopefully we don't pick up anymore injuries.

I would stick with the same starting 11 or maybe include Lithgow for Lamie. Lamie’s aerial presence possibly edges it.

It’ll be interesting to see if Uche has the bit between his teeth again.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Someone just needs to convince Bartley that it’s an Edinburgh derby and he’ll have the entire Hearts midfield on toast.

It will be interesting to see how that pans out: Whelan and Bozanic vs. Bartley and Jacobs. 

A win for Hearts would see them a point behind us which seems nuts to me as I feel we’ve been pretty good so far.

A quick note to our Edinburgh brethren - if you're in the East Stand (majority of Hearts support) bring sun glasses - if the weather stays as it is you'll be staring into bright sunlight for an hour at least

Edited by Durnford

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

A quick note to our Edinburgh bretherin - if you're in the East Stand (majority of Hearts support) bring sun glasses - if the weather stays as it is you'll be staring into bright sunlight for an hour at least

Scorched retinas, or actually being able to see Leveinball being played on plastic at the Spaghettihad. Tough choice.

Edited by Aim Here

Impressive how little control the ref has on the game. He’s letting a lot go with uche but same with how are defenders are dealing with him. Apart from that the game has been pretty poor, hearts with the better chance 1 on 1, would like to see the hickey booking again. We have no link between defence and attack, just launching it up to Berra’s head

Robinson should’ve scored from 4 yards out. Uche should’ve scored.

Agree that Uche is very hands on and that Guthrie has got a away with grabbing his shirt a bit too.

Keen to see the Hickey booking again; surely the ref doesn’t think Berra is catching him?!

Big loss with Devlin going off as he was getting joy in behind. Never a free kick for the 50/50 challenge.

HT draw hard to argue with on the balance of chances.

Thank god hearts are very shit, we brought on our 3rd choice right back up front hahaha

Having seen photos of Souda’s challenge I’d hope Berra will be suspended now for simulation, similar to the jack Hamilton and o’dea simulation last year. A dirty cheat pretending to hold their face to get our player sent off

Edited by Menga Bus

Didn’t bother going today. 

Lost all desire to continue to buy into what’s going on at Hearts just now. Budge and Leveins friendship is more important to the board than football results. 

f**k Hearts. f**k Ann Budge. f**k Craig Levein. 

On 23/10/2019 at 12:06, EdinburghLivi said:

Greg Aitken is easily my least favourite referee.

Booked Lawless for diving last season which was sucessfully appealed. He also has a horrendous record of sending off our players. Think it's 4 reds in the last 8 games. 

That guy is a fucking loser. 

Should have had a penalty in the lead up to the red card incident. Completely lost control of the game.

Really battling performance that totally deserved a point. Crawford was outstanding.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Hearts truly are fuckin woeful.
Berra falling about like a sack of spuds everytime anyone went near him is embarrassing.
Sean Clare is the worst player I've ever seen in a Hearts shirt. To think Colquhoun wore the number 8 in the past.

Livi were terrific today. Keags needs time out the squad though. It's a shame that when Pitts is fit enough to start Holt will leave out Crawford instead of Keags.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

Hearts truly are fuckin woeful.
Berra falling about like a sack of spuds everytime anyone went near him is embarrassing.
Sean Clare is the worst player I've ever seen in a Hearts shirt. To think Colquhoun wore the number 8 in the past.

Livi were terrific today. Keags needs time out the squad though. It's a shame that when Pitts is fit enough to start Holt will leave out Crawford instead of Keags.

"Livi were terrific" they were just as shite as Hearts and that's saying something. Did you partake in drugs before watching the game?

Terrible game.

Uche should've scored in the first half, I've no idea what the red card was for- athough Berra looked to be holding his upper arm rather than face as others have suggested. Other than that nothing much really happened.