Fond memories of the last time we played Hearts at the Spaghettihad, the Hearts players will want a bit of revenge for that scoreline i'd imagine, but it will be another tough game for them. Black pellets, blood and snotters flying all over the place, and that's just from Martindale and Levein, let the carnage begin.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Unfortunately one word that cannot be used to describe either team so far this season is "Consistent"

To be honest; on the day anything could happen. Anyone know who the referee is - actually strike that; they're all appalling.

Greg Aitken, Who is slightly less worse than Gavin Duncan who is the ref in our next game, against Hibs.

17 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Unfortunately one word that cannot be used to describe either team so far this season is "Consistent"

To be honest; on the day anything could happen. Anyone know who the referee is - actually strike that; they're all appalling.

Hearts have been fairly consistent in how shit they've been.

Greg Aitken is easily my least favourite referee.

Booked Lawless for diving last season which was sucessfully appealed. He also has a horrendous record of sending off our players. Think it's 4 reds in the last 8 games. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Greg Aitken is easily my least favourite referee.

Booked Lawless for diving last season which was sucessfully appealed. He also has a horrendous record of sending off our players. Think it's 4 reds in the last 8 games. 

Was that against Dundee when Lawless should've had a penalty, but got booked for diving after being clearly fouled? I say clearly, everyone in the stadium except the ref saw he was fouled.

Games against the Jambo's are rarely without talking points; ones that stick in the mind are the first game in the SPL when they came out of the blocks like raving wolves - my god, I thought, if this is what the SPL is going to be like we're going to get flayed every week.

Other games; well obviously last seasons 5-nil win; also the games against Hearts in their promotion year; the Talbot kick to the head incident and the hearts boy that got sent off for kicking Fernandez on the ground whilst trying to get the ball.

Hearts support always turns up in impressive numbers (okay I know its only 15 miles along the A71 but still...) so it makes for a good atmosphere.

I'm going to predict a Livi win for no other reason other than loyalty. On our day I feel we can beat anyone; the question is will Saturday be our day?

Always feel uneasy coming up against a team in bad form, Hearts getting a point against the **** makes me even more uncertain about how this one will go. 

No idea who we've got available anyway but if we can I'd go like this:

Sarkic; McMillan, Lithgow, Guthrie, Devlin; Bartley, Jacobs; Souda, Tiffoney, Lawless; Dykes. 

42 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Tiffoney partner Dykes up front, his hattrick in the reserves will have given him a bit of confidence too.  I'd have Robbo in place of Souda though.

Without Pittman being available I'd probably agree but with Souda coming on second half. I like Robinson but he seems so ~~~~~~ injury prone.

Against a team without Halkett in defense I'd probably also agree about having Tiffoney on from the start. Had Halkett been fit I suspect he's have kept Tiffoney well and truly under-wraps.

52 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Without Pittman being available I'd probably agree but with Souda coming on second half. I like Robinson but he seems so ~~~~~~ injury prone.

Against a team without Halkett in defense I'd probably also agree about having Tiffoney on from the start. Had Halkett been fit I suspect he's have kept Tiffoney well and truly under-wraps.

I think Dykes will be the main focus for Hearts defenders too, leaving Tiffoney a bit of freedom to play off him. Either playing up front alongside Dykes, or in a midfield three just behind him, with Robbo and Lawless.

Have a feeling our inability to square away teams whilst we are in the ascendancy of a match will come back to bite us again tomorrow. Genuinely can see this being a re-run of the Aberdeen game.

If we can produce the same performance level that we did against Celtic then there’s no doubt we can win this one. That’s a big if though.

I'm not entirely sure why Tiffoney is even in the conversation to be honest. I like him, and he has potential, but he's behind Dykes, Robinson, Lawless, Souda, Erskine, Sibbald, Miller, Crawford and Stobbs in the 'attacking player' ranks. Could argue that Lawson would be ahead of him anywhere but up front as well.

Simple 4-2-3-1 with Lawless, Robinson and one of Souda/Sibbald/Crawford behind Dykes up top.

Edited by thruthenight