Would you change our league?

Guest JTS98

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not going to try and explain the bigger picture to you because you can't see passed your own nose.
It's easier to destroy than create.
Image result for it's easier to destroy than to create quote

Funny thing is, you're the one that's only looking at your own club's interests.

I'm assuming that since you haven't given any (despite spending longer refusing to than it would have taken to do so) you realise that there is no benefit to the game in Scotland as a whole from the magical coefficient improvement.

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

County are a terrible example to use. They’ve got about the 5th biggest budget in the country. 

Where they are on the tree doesn't really matter. The point is their relative budget compared to Celtic.

The fact that they've got a decent budget compared to some others only strengthens the point, really.

Hibs and Aberdeen are relatively big-spending yet have both been pummeled in Glasgow this season. Where a team sits in the context of the other non-OF teams is pretty irrelevant here.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's fecking hilarious I'm sure the submarine captain and the glib and shameless one would be best mates.
All clubs have self interest as a priority and the SFA allow it to happen.

What's that got to do with anything?

We're not club owners. We're people talking about football.

You are not a club. You have no responsibility to shareholders or employees or anything.

You just have an opinion. Yet one that you completely refuse to explain or back up with anything. I can only assume it's based on nothing at all. Up to you.

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What's that got to do with anything?

We're not club owners. We're people talking about football.

You are not a club. You have no responsibility to shareholders or employees or anything.

You just have an opinion. Yet one that you completely refuse to explain or back up with anything. I can only assume it's based on nothing at all. Up to you.

You will get nowhere with him, I promise.

18 team league.

play everyone twice

This way you only have to play the OF twice each. teams would be closer to them in the league if consistent enough.

Only real diddies would be getting relegated, allowing all decent size clubs to concentrate on producing players.

Spread the TV money evenly.Limit Squad sizes with at least 4 homegrown youngsters under 21.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying Aberdeen are building a new stadium and training facility to finish 3rd every season?

Are you genuinely suggesting otherwise?

If so please lay out your reasoning.

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Get the Old Firm to f**k, make the top league a 16 team league and let Scottish football find it's true level.

2 questions on this;

If the Old Firm were to f**k off to the Magical Unicorn sponsored Euro League....

Would some Old firm fans who cant afford a trip to Norway or Serbia every second week start supporting one of our diddy clubs in the Scottish League?

Would some of us diddy fans start supporting the Old Firm in the Euro League?

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

18 team league.

play everyone twice

This way you only have to play the OF twice each. teams would be closer to them in the league if consistent enough.

Only real diddies would be getting relegated, allowing all decent size clubs to concentrate on producing players.

Spread the TV money evenly.Limit Squad sizes with at least 4 homegrown youngsters under 21.

100% this, on a side note the big 5 leagues are actually less competitive that ours currently. Bayern, Juve and PSG will likely get 10 in a row whilst in England the points gap between 2nd and 3rd will eclipse that of the spl yet again.

7 hours ago, Hibeebigfly said:

100% this, on a side note the big 5 leagues are actually less competitive that ours currently. Bayern, Juve and PSG will likely get 10 in a row whilst in England the points gap between 2nd and 3rd will eclipse that of the spl yet again.

I don't dispute that. But you wouldn't decide to not bother repairing your own house just because your neighbours' houses were falling down too.

15 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Get the Old Firm to f**k, make the top league a 16 team league and let Scottish football find it's true level.

Which would probably be domination by 1 or 2 other teams taking their place. If they hadn't been there since the start of the Premiership in Scotland, Aberdeen would have won it 4 of the 6 times, and finished 2nd once. How is that much different than what has been happening with Celtic and Rangers for the last 30 odd years?

Personally I enjoy it more when it's closer between Celtic and the other teams in the league. For a good few years Hibs used to come to Celtic Park and play 4-3-3 and put the shitters up us every time, was great games to watch.

But at the end of the day, I still want my team to be top. Blatant self interest wins in the end every time unfortunately.

Football isn't a sport anymore for the clubs involved, it's a business. And because of that, they look after their own self interests before everything else. Which means the vast majority of the time the clubs with the most resources and influence, will stay at the top, with a few exceptional circumstances.

9 hours ago, Hibeebigfly said:

Wrong, because the SPL doesn't exist and hasn't existed for years.

9 hours ago, Hibeebigfly said:

France, Italy, Germany I'd give you but in England you wouldn't expect it to be two teams battling it out for a generation.

Where else has only two teams won it for what 35 years is it?

10 hours ago, Hibeebigfly said:

Nonsense.

There has been a far far greater variety of champions in these places over the last 30+ years than we've had.

Your reference to the SPL is a good indicator of how seriously we should treat your observations.