Rangers v Motherwell - Sunday 27th October

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The mighty well haven't lost away from home yet you are predicting a 4-1 loss.
Can see a red card in this game to make it easier for sevco.

We also haven't won a league match at Ibrox for 22 years. With the exception of one night in May 2015 it has been a graveyard for Motherwell teams of varying levels of quality. We have also not beaten Rangers, in any form, in the league since Boxing Day 2002 when a teenage James McFadden scored the winner and it was still legal to smoke inside a football ground.

Motherwell do not beat Rangers in the league and that will not change on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was that a prediction or an instruction?

I rarely agree with MJC but I am pretty certain his prediction will be correct based on nothing more than we have played them a million times and not won.  And even when we look like doing something one of two things happen - the ref will award Rangers a penalty for a foul in the centre circle or send off a Motherwell player for walking on the white lines on the pitch or in fact probably both. 

You hope that playing Porto will take something out of them but based on the Aberdeen game our confidence will be fragile.  If we can avoid conceding for as long as possible and all our players stop fucking about then we are in with an outside chance but both happening are highly unlikely.

The home games v Killie and Livi are pivotal even this early in the season. 4 or 6 points from those games and we will still be in and around 4th place by time we play Celtic away. 1 or 0 points and Robbo and players are back being sh1te again and top of bottom 6 is probably (AGAIN) our best bet / hope.

25 minutes ago, MJC said:

We also haven't won a league match at Ibrox for 22 years. With the exception of one night in May 2015 it has been a graveyard for Motherwell teams of varying levels of quality. We have also not beaten Rangers, in any form, in the league since Boxing Day 2002 when a teenage James McFadden scored the winner and it was still legal to smoke inside a football ground.

Motherwell do not beat Rangers in the league and that will not change on Sunday.

It's very strange a motherwell fan making up stats for a humping when you have only lost 3 in the last 6.
The only humping came in the game when motherwell got a player sent off in the first half.
I didn't say sevco wouldn't win but 4-1 for me is a bold prediction unless the mighty well get a player sent off.

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I rarely agree with MJC but I am pretty certain his prediction will be correct based on nothing more than we have played them a million times and not won.  And even when we look like doing something one of two things happen - the ref will award Rangers a penalty for a foul in the centre circle or send off a Motherwell player for walking on the white lines on the pitch or in fact probably both. 

You hope that playing Porto will take something out of them but based on the Aberdeen game our confidence will be fragile.  If we can avoid conceding for as long as possible and all our players stop fucking about then we are in with an outside chance but both happening are highly unlikely.

The home games v Killie and Livi are pivotal even this early in the season. 4 or 6 points from those games and we will still be in and around 4th place by time we play Celtic away. 1 or 0 points and Robbo and players are back being sh1te again and top of bottom 6 is probably (AGAIN) our best bet / hope.

We've had a few bad refereeing decisions go against us in this fixture over the years but we've also contributed greatly to our own downfall too. Think about Reynolds selling the jerseys with ten minutes to go at Fir Park, McManus selling the jerseys at Ibrox in the Cup when we managed to lose after leading 1-0 with six minutes left, Jim O'Brien missing a last minute penalty, the numerous occasions when we've just froze at the mere sight of their jersey, Terry Butcher and Stuart McCall telling us beforehand that we had little to no chance against them - then we went out and got pumped and of course contriving to lose to them in the League Cup when we were sitting top of the league and unbeaten and they were in the third division.

We rarely get the breaks in this fixture but we certainly don't help ourselves either, we as a club have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to the Old Firm, particularly Rangers.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's very strange a motherwell fan making up stats for a humping when you have only lost 3 in the last 6.
The only humping came in the game when motherwell got a player sent off in the first half.
I didn't say sevco wouldn't win but 4-1 for me is a bold prediction unless the mighty well get a player sent off.

It didn't make up any stats.

It is a fact that we have not won at Ibrox in a league match since May 1997.

It is a fact that we have not beaten Rangers in a league match since Boxing Day 2002.

It is a fact that we have a terrible record at Ibrox and various Motherwell sides of differing levels of quality have capitulated there, and against them at Fir Park for that matter.

And it is also a fact that in our last ten league matches at Ibrox going back ten years we have won none, lost seven and only drawn three, two of which were end of season dead rubbers.

We will lose on Sunday, as sure as night follows day.

Edited by MJC

It is a fact that we have not beaten Rangers in a league match since Boxing Day 2002.
It is a fact that we have a terrible record at Ibrox and various Motherwell sides of differing levels of quality have capitulated there, and against them at Fir Park for that matter.
And it is also a fact that in our last ten league matches at Ibrox going back ten years we have won none, lost seven and only drawn three, two of which were end of season dead rubbers.

Aye but Bennett thinks otherwise.

31 minutes ago, MJC said:

It is a fact that we have a terrible record at Ibrox and various Motherwell sides of differing levels of quality have capitulated at Ibrox.

You seem to be living in the past and underestimating your teams chances.
The fact Motherwell are still unbeaten on the road this season and went to the Budgie cage and won, where this sevco team didn't.
Given credence to the game on Thursday for sevco they may be a bit out of tune. 
I hope sevco underestimate this motherwell team just like you.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

McManus selling the jerseys at Ibrox in the Cup when we managed to lose after leading 1-0 with six minutes left,

This was the worst, btw. One of the few times in the last few years that a result properly stung. 

f**k off McManus.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You seem to be living in the past and underestimating your teams chances.
The fact Motherwell are still unbeaten on the road this season and went to the Budgie cage and won, where this sevco team didn't.
Given credence to the game on Thursday for sevco they may be a bit out of tune. 
I hope sevco underestimate this motherwell team just like you.

Well if you're going to refer to previous games this season then that's "living in the past" as well surely?

I hope that they underestimate us too but I still don't see how we can trouble them as we are too lightweight in attack. Seedorf, Long and Scott will be bullied and marked out of the game like they were against Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts in the cup and defensively we are shaky and will struggle against Defoe and Morelos. I don't know if Hartley will be fit after he went off injured at the weekend, but if he is out then that's a big blow for us.

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

See this mighty well patter, gonnae bin it, ya patronising tadger? 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We lost 3-0 to Aberdeen at Fir Park and Celtic put 5 past us at home. I don't think Rangers scoring 4 is exactly outwith the realms of possibility.