Rangers v Motherwell - Sunday 27th October

33 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Jesus, I thought Steelmen Online was full of defeatists. The pessimism of posters on here beats it hands down.

I always had steelmenonline down as a largely happy clappy club where anyone posting pessimism nwas shouted down and labelled a troll by the lazy majority.

On 21/10/2019 at 18:28, MJC said:

So Sunday sees us make the short trip along the M74 to Ibrox. Given the humping we got on Saturday and that Ibrox is almost always a graveyard for Motherwell sides then you'd be hard pushed to see anything other than a comfortable home win here.

Given that Rangers are playing in Europe on Thursday night(and best of luck to them, I might add :) ) then some of our more optimistic fans might point to this as a reason for us to be hopeful of getting something.

However I can't see us doing anything other than our usual Ibrox no show.

4-1 home win.

...and you will probably w**k yourself daft.

Guest superward
13 hours ago, MJC said:

I always had steelmenonline down as a largely happy clappy club where anyone posting pessimism nwas shouted down and labelled a troll by the lazy majority.

Said like a true defeatist 😉

2 hours ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Sevco - 3 and MJC to not be bothered in the slightest.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Harsh. I’m sure he’ll be quite pleased.

Normally I wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered when Rangers won, indeed when I would then log on here and read all the usual greetin and pish from the usual suspects who hate Rangers more than they like their own club I would be quite pleased that they'd won, as it always provides a good read on here.

However all bets are off when they play Motherwell so the only thing that'll please me tomorrow will be Motherwell picking up a result.

Edited by MJC

Normally I wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered when Rangers won, indeed when I would then log on here and read all the usual greetin and pish from the usual suspects who hate Rangers more than they like their own club I would be quite pleased that they'd won, as it always provides a good read on here.
However all bets are off when they play Motherwell so the only thing that'll please me tomorrow will be Motherwell picking up a result.

Your very edgy persona kind of falls down when you get yourself into a frothing mess at the mention of Celtic.

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your very edgy persona kind of falls down when you get yourself into a frothing mess at the mention of Celtic.

20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Not that you hate Celtic so much that you will go to any lengths.

I make no secret of my dislike for Celtic and believe I have legitimate reasons for disliking them. My dislike of them does not however override my love for my own club and unlike the Rangers haters/obsessed on here, I'm not on every single Celtic thread posting nonsense, feigning outrage and making up daft wee stories about them, their fans, their players and the manner in which they celebrate goals. 

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There are many on here that dislike Celtic but at least they support one team rather than two. What are the legitimate reasons for disliking Celtic and especially why are you so bothered about the manner in which they celebrate goals since you picked that particular one out?

No you've missed the point, I was referring to the usual suspects who frequent Rangers threads who amongst other things moan about the way Rangers celebrate, or over celebrate goals. 

This isn't the thread for me to post my reasons for disliking Celtic, if you really want to know what they are then use the search function with the keyword Celtic and with my username as the author. This thread is about the match tomorrow between the team I support and Rangers, so let's keep it on topic, eh?

34 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol:

Imagine still being rattled by MJC's Rangers patter in the year 2019 ffs. Wouldn't be me.

Indeed. I mean, not all of his stuff is to my taste, but there is no doubt MJC has several (and I mean several!) posters on toast. 

These are games that I write off in the fixture list. Our record at Ibrox is dreadful. Throw in the fact that both them and Celtic are miles ahead of everyone else in terms of ability and a pumping is almost certainly on the cards.
I think we have a few key players nursing injuries. Wouldn’t be risking anybody here.
Get the game over and done with and onto Killie on Wednesday!

12 hours ago, Snafu said:

I don't think I've missed the point at all, your open support for Rangers is driven by your dislike for Celtic and your contempt for the opinions of other supporters, so what makes you any different from any other football fan who is motivated by hatred for another club?

See, this is partly what I am my 'Rangers act' at on here, this idea that if you dislike Celtic then that equates to you being pro Rangers as if the two were mutually exclusive - they most certainly aren't. I'm no lover of Rangers at all, far from it actually, I don't though hate and obsess about them to the extent that many on here do, to the point that they seem to lose the ability to think rationally and in some posters cases(not necessarily you) start blabbering a whole load of absolute drivel and basically turn into a seething mess at the mere mention of their name.

I'm not motivated by hatred of any other club, the only thing that motivates me in football is my support for Motherwell FC and unlike several posters on here with Rangers, you won't find me on every single Celtic match thread talking pish and getting myself into a rage about just about anything. Granted you'll find me on Rangers match threads trolling and reeling in the Rangers obsessed moon howlers, but then again they make it so,so easy for me. :)