Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

XBL was arguably the biggest oddball in my time on here. One month a year he adopted the persona of "The Grey Ghost" and posted in the third person. He said he liked "muslimy looking women" then tried to make a joke out of it when called on it. He posted the most misogynistic incel rant ever after getting kb'd in the Fubar at 3am which started "A message to that bitch" and contained the immortal line "f**k you, you averagey looking cocktease". He claimed to have thrown someone through a window and also claims to have been responsible for the death of a smoking man on a bus. I enjoyed his feud with dubs ("shall we dance").

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Who was the Poster that started a thread about "going away for a while"......ie prison.

That was Chigsy, a fantastic parody account by the now long gone 'the_russian', a poster who generally didn't contribute much of note either way but saved his magnum opus for an alias account. Much like Alf Hucker.

I also remember there was a pretty funny John Coughlin parody alias back when he was St. Mirren manager who'd just talk about how much scran he'd been eating lately, loved his chips and ended every post with the sign-off, *BURP*.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That was Chigsy, a fantastic parody account by the now long gone 'the_russian', a poster who generally didn't contribute much of note either way but saved his magnum opus for an alias account. Much like Alf Hucker.

I also remember there was a pretty funny John Coughlin parody alias back when he was St. Mirren manager who'd just talk about how much scran he'd been eating lately, loved his chips and ended every post with the sign-off, *BURP*.

99% that was Olaf Thom

24 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Ah, good old Wisbit.

Is he another long gone poster?

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think gravity finally won.

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Wasn’t he punted for a spot of holocaust denial?

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think that was what the mods wanted us to think but it was really for being a silly c**t.

Hes still here. @Munoz

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

XBL was arguably the biggest oddball in my time on here. One month a year he adopted the persona of "The Grey Ghost" and posted in the third person. He said he liked "muslimy looking women" then tried to make a joke out of it when called on it. He posted the most misogynistic incel rant ever after getting kb'd in the Fubar at 3am which started "A message to that bitch" and contained the immortal line "f**k you, you averagey looking cocktease". He claimed to have thrown someone through a window and also claims to have been responsible for the death of a smoking man on a bus. I enjoyed his feud with dubs ("shall we dance").

XBL was the original incel, long before it was even a thing.

Looked like if Hurley from lost shagged Rory McGrath and had a big hairy wean.

Just now, Andrew Wells said:

Wouldn't be surprised but not 100% buying it without some sort of confirmation. 

It definitely is, hes moved from holocaust denying to homophobia now though. Enjoys calling people "gay" as an insult, and making comments about "going back to your boyfriend". For some reason, despite him being a previously banned poster and a mod confirming they seen his homophobic posts, he escaped with just a weeks ban.

Must be the Paisley Mafia on here in action.

Off the top of my head and without trying to cheat by dipping into the gold forum - these are just touched on because I'm hazy on most of them:

Alexandra Burke doing a gig in Peterhead off the back of P&B voting en masse

xbl as already posted above was extremely strange and had some moments on here. "average looking cocktease", boasting about going 100MPH+ in his Mondeo on here, the grey ghost...

Kilt made a post one time where he'd put hidden messages in as white text or something, which someone clocked onto that were a bit unsettling. There was something about his time at Glasgow Airport too I think...

vandetta came about as a wordfilter after a Stuart Dickson post for which he was roundly mocked. edit: there's a good handful of Dickson moments in the gold forum too

the Mumsnet wars, with one of them coming into the NSFW section and posting a picture of her tits. Something of a P&B success story overall since they were pretty dece

Speaking of which, Club Dece

Swampy phoning up Div about a ban. Swampy in general ended up a bit odd and off the rails on here, since he seemingly ended up going full on alt right due to issues with his wife while in the states

Ad Lib vs. Jim Fundilimundilimurphy, where our Ad Lib did the Dale Carrick face

#SavoForMod

Keep pushing.

edit: christ I thought I'd bleached this from memory, but the Supras - H_B wars on here were something else. Constant arguing back and forth all over misc football. They're both still here I think, under new names, but not quite as active, although the politics section has a fair few from H_B. Supras most famous moment was probably when someone cottoned on that he was literally searching out his own username in a "MUST REPLY TO EVERYTHING" way since his name had cropped up in a fairly obscure thread but he managed to respond to it within a short time of his name getting mentioned. H_B got destroyed over the Anthony C. Pick debacle and abandoned that username as a result.

IXITHEONEIXI getting a complete hounding was my personal favourite (gist was that he was a Dumbarton fan on here with hundreds of posts about them, then changed to a full on Rangers wind up merchant posting about them all the time. He ended up abandoning that account due to the sheer scale of telt dished out to him and getting a new one.)

...there's a whole lot more besides in the rich and storied world of P&B. As has been mentioned the gold forum can be great reading if you've the free time, but you can also check out dundeebarry's post history to find some solid gold there too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely