Torpar

Tales of P&B Past

3 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Who was the poster that got his "girlfriend" to post in here using his username backing up what hed previously been saying.
Sorry for being so vague... I remember just about collapsing laughing.

Pretty sure that was Hibernia_22. 

Nobody believe he had a bird so he took a strop and got "her" to respond to posts on his account. Absolutely mental stuff. He may have also have been the boy who got absolutely dragged in the Gaming sub-forum for trying to start a Boosting Clan in Call of Duty. 

8 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
8 hours ago, johnnydun said:
Yeah the Pedro as Homer Simpson disappearing into the hedge was one that made me pish myself.

That was genius, as was the one where our badge burst theirs after, I think, Chris Burke scored that last minute winner after they had a penalty saved.

It was an equaliser.

The 411 club was utterly tremendous. I’m sure The_Kincardine took a screenshot of who was on the match thread of yet another time we gave them an absolute bodying. 

BoredomGuy’s post of the week involving biscuits from Aldi? Always had me pishing myself. 

Andreas Kelvera mocking Alan Stubbs for having cancer was a particular lowlight, along with a rant about @The Grass Is Greener. and the majority of Hibs fans being tramps/aids victims. 

20 minutes ago, The Ginger Prince said:

BoredomGuy’s post of the week involving biscuits from Aldi? Always had me pishing myself. 

Mini rolls from Lidl. Still the best bit about Livingston away.

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Before I joined but I remember some guy had built an incredible fort. 

Pretty sure that was Ross County fan @McMuffin

A bit niche perhaps but an Ayr United fan’s typo of scapegoat on an Ayr v Pars match thread led to many a dreary match’s thread being brightened up by the mention of spacegoat. 

Pretty sure that was Hibernia_22. 
Nobody believe he had a bird so he took a strop and got "her" to respond to posts on his account. Absolutely mental stuff. He may have also have been the boy who got absolutely dragged in the Gaming sub-forum for trying to start a Boosting Clan in Call of Duty. 

Definitely him. I’m sure someone found a link to his bebo or MySpace and it turned out he was a pure middle aged guy and not the spotty teen we all thought.

Can't say I remember that. What I do remember is that thread turning into an open season of bizarre behaviour from you coming to the fore. 

Most of it in retaliation to similar or even more bizarre behaviour (which goes on to this day). Only I got rumbled and the heroes with the most green dots or platinum memberships got away with their pish.

Can anyone post the rangers meltdown thread from 2012 as mentioned above or the Hibs cup final win thread from 2016.

I have vague recollections of both but, like all the other threads "dug up" and reproduced here, the belly laughs and the posters of the day bring back lots of happy/shocking/unbelievable memories.   Cheers.

41 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Most of it in retaliation to similar or even more bizarre behaviour (which goes on to this day). 

Care to give some examples, please? 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

A bit niche perhaps but an Ayr United fan’s typo of scapegoat on an Ayr v Pars match thread led to many a dreary match’s thread being brightened up by the mention of spacegoat. 

Image result for goat in space

I've not been here long, but caught up with the P&B Gold stuff early doors, most of which has reduced me to tears of laughter in work at various times.

But the best I've seen is the reason I came here to begin with, the Leigh Griffiths blog.

"As far as motivational techniques go it’s highly unconventional, but firing a semi-naked, knife-wielding Eddie Malone from a cannon into the midst of United’s training session at Tannadice is one heck of a team building exercise." still has me in tears every time I read it!

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Billy likes fitba

What was the thing with Darren Mackie and books? 

On 22/10/2019 at 15:53, Hedgecutter said:

27 sec mark  ^_^

Eta:  I've only just noticed that he has to suddenly stop and pull an awkward face when Murphy quickly turns his head rather unexpectedly.  :lol: 

*oh crap, erm... scratch face*

Looking back at this properly. I hadn’t appreciated at the time just how utterly bewildered I looked at the suggestion he would stay on as Scottish Party Leader and that “Scotland needs a strong Labour Party”. It was full on Cheryl Cole.E0FFB0E7-2382-4971-B6E4-E2F0221FFCF0.gif.46528eb0cea914a7e9c9c65e0fb2228f.gif

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Looking back at this properly. I hadn’t appreciated at the time just how utterly bewildered I looked at the suggestion he would stay on as Scottish Party Leader and that “Scotland needs a strong Labour Party”. It was full on Cheryl Cole.E0FFB0E7-2382-4971-B6E4-E2F0221FFCF0.gif.46528eb0cea914a7e9c9c65e0fb2228f.gif

The big sigh at 2:01 is also a treat.

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

What was the thing with Darren Mackie and books? 

Darren Mackie - Reading Champion:

Dazzler.jpg