Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

Been a member here since 2004, I did dissapear for a few years before coming back to the site recently. This thread has brought back some great memories and a lot of stories that I missed out on, will need to delve further into some of these in the gold forum.

Can't remember if it's been mentioned but I'm sure someone was in a floods of tears meltdown after being hounded for posting his fondness for Avril Lavigne IIRC. 

There were 2 or 3 Best/Most/Influential poster awards in the space of a few years and they were all absolutley carnage.  It's maybe just me looking back nostalgically on a time in my life where I was able to follow every single post on a 50 page P&B thread but I genuinely look back on them as the funniest things I've ever been involved in on the internet. [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention] "announcing" Big Gus as winner and the subsequent acceptance speech, halcyon days man.
Philpy buying a peado a pint.
Supras claiming to be a lecturer at the London School of Economics when he was about 17.
The boy who bought a pair of blatantly fake Puma trainers and trying to scrap a Killie fan who took the piss.
GLOVES
A Rangers fan throwing his phone at magee.
Crispy pets.
mhak winding up the Ahberghreen fans
Wasn't Swampy a bit of a lefty?
No Kings.

GLOVES

Which IIRC, stemmed from a comment by Skidmarks himself or someone who knows him mentioning he had a ginger beard and me posting a pic of Sean Dyche.

Shocking.
Just recalled it causing a disproportionate amount of argument is all.

Clearly that was a proxy falling out in you and Skidders larger war....

24 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Which IIRC, stemmed from a comment by Skidmarks himself or someone who knows him mentioning he had a ginger beard and me posting a pic of Sean Dyche.

Shocking.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just recalled it causing a disproportionate amount of argument is all.

Clearly that was a proxy falling out in you and Skidders larger war....

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There was some retaliatory Karl Pilkington stuff happening thereafter. 

A9CD2C55-0847-4F5B-837A-97AA6CFD12C3.jpeg

This came out during the Skidmarks scandal. This is when the poster in question described them as a pair of "alki junkies," after which [mention=61927]Alan Stubbs[/mention] searched P&B for that term and found the only person to have ever used it with that spelling was... well, you guessed it. 

Alan Stubbs knew more about that than I did.

That was an utterly pathetic and poisonous attempt by some hurting idiot trying to pin something/someone taking things too far on me, in a typical blind witch hunt on P&B. I also think the sad-act who had it in for Adam/LM seen me and Adam having a civilised chat about visiting the Isle of Coll around that time, and used our it to try deflect the blame in my direction.

Unfortunately you’ve missed out the part where Adam himself clarified it hadn’t been me as at the time I knew nothing of his domestic circumstances, was always a poster I’d got along with and it was he himself who advised me of what’d been going on. Not long afterwards we began to follow each other on Twitter and still do, albeit he’s very beige over there and doesn’t seem to use it much.

I don't discuss politics on here but I ventured in for a look after the general election where Scotland was practically yellow.

Mon Dieu's gif of Salmond's head on Vince McMahon with the caption "Salmond walking in to parliament next week"* was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen on here. Regardless of who you voted for, it was superb. Has someone got that saved?

*Something along those lines.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Must admit I have no idea how Peter Dow relates to P&B, but I'm loving this particular frame from that video.  :lol:

PeterDow.JPG.69d388f3796b3fac3e2b8bd93d4b5485.JPG

The opening sequence of him getting prepared for battle and from 09:30 are my favourite bits. 

Peter used to post on here.