Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When the forum took off almost immediately there was the accusation that a clique had formed that basically decided what was and wasn't acceptable.  Almost all the posters who were alleged to be members of the clique and those who bemoaned the influence of the clique have now stopped posting but it was a dominant part of the conversation, especially in General Nonsense for many years.  The clique was alleged to be a group who met up IRL, for drinks and at games.  The injokes from these events came onto the forum and some felt excluded and began to complain of the 'clique'.  A little later, groups of more aggressive anti-clique posters began posting, including groups of Falkirk supporters who often seemed quite threatening towards clique members who shared their support of the Bairns.  Eventually, people drifted away on both sides and it became part of P&B history.

I remember when Swampy got permabanned it was after he and a couple others demanded that a fairly innocuous poster who disagreed with them on a politics thread got banned, and when the mods told them to GTF they went on a full blown attack on the mods, and Div had had enough. 

15 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I vaguely remember Fudge sharing a video, which he claimed, was him shagging his bird.

On a similar theme some weirdo Rangers fan claimed that he pumped his bird in a cinema (or something), no one believed him and so he got her to post on here to "prove" his point. It went along the lines of:

"Here she is now!

Wot u all want lol OMFG of course he shagged me lol!1!!

See told you she was real!"

14 hours ago, Dele said:

Livi Away Crew. 

Akabussi Loyal.

13 hours ago, RH33 said:

Did mythical creature not have a bit of a breakdown before leaving?

Joozy inflicted if I mind right.

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

A female poster on here let it be known she was going on holiday, flying from Glasgow Airport.

Kilt used his work's computer systems to track her down and met her in the airport with a box of Maltesers.

Butterfly Bairn wasn't it?

Are you seeking someone to fill the void left by Rab in your P&B postings?

Albeit he’s not alone and got some like-minded dross singing the same tune, that’s absolutely what’s going on here with Marshmallo. His general M.O in recent weeks has been to try portray himself as some sort of hero that got Rab B banned (he got HIMSELF banned) and not an utter wreck broken by some red dots and photos of Mo Salah, who took it that well he got to the point of lashing out at other Falkirk fans who had the brass neck to miss a game due to other commitments.

55 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

No. What was the background behind this other than three (presumed students) sharing a single pint in some pub? 

Eta:  I knew it only from the Eh'll Paint it Thread, which had the following description (but the classic depiction of the boys huddled around a table sipping at the same time is sadly no longer there)

I can't recall the circumstances of it but it was someone complaining that they got chucked out a pub for it.

I'm sure the details will be posted soon.

Also who was it that took pictures of kids' trainers in Burger King and thought it would be a good idea to post them here, leading to wave after wave of BEAST and nonce accusations in the face of an increasingly hysterical defence?

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Albeit he’s not alone and got some like-minded dross singing the same tune, that’s absolutely what’s going on here with Marshmallo. His general M.O in recent weeks has been to try portray himself as some sort of hero that got Rab B banned (he got HIMSELF banned) and not an utter wreck broken by some red dots and photos of Mo Salah, who took it that well he got to the point of lashing out at other Falkirk fans who had the brass neck to miss a game due to other commitments.

I am putting you on Ignore alongside the Flybhoys and the Lyle Lanleys of this world.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

On a similar theme some weirdo Rangers fan claimed that he pumped his bird in a cinema (or something), no one believed him and so he got her to post on here to "prove" his point. It went along the lines of:

"Here she is now!

Wot u all want lol OMFG of course he shagged me lol!1!!

@Hibernia22

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't recall the circumstances of it but it was someone complaining that they got chucked out a pub for it.

I'm sure the details will be posted soon.

@jamamafegan

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also who was it that took pictures of kids' trainers in Burger King and thought it would be a good idea to post them here, leading to wave after wave of BEAST and nonce accusations in the face of an increasingly hysterical defence?

@8MileBU, always 8 Mile.

I think 'GLOVES' means nothing to most of the new posters without this:

... when he came back he was quite different, he was obviously on medication to control his urges towards drinking and it turned him into a walking comedy sketch. He would jive across the office, call everyone man and constantly, I mean constantly, hum to himself. I used to sit next to him and it was like sitting next to a radio constantly tuned to Jazz FM. "Dooo bee doo doo doo bap doo wop doo waaaah" for every second of the 8 hour shift.

He would also talk/sing to himself about what he was doing, as Swampy remembers. So if it was his week doing the morning reports you'd get "doo bee doo be dobeee, ahh'mmm doooooin the morning report, doop doo dee waaah".

Eventually he'd take things that were said or mentioned and work them into his routine. So if someone said "Who's coming fro lunch? I fancy a sandwich" you'd get about 30 seconds later "Lunchy lunchy woo beee doooo". This was noticed and we'd deliberately mentioning things completely out of context to get them into his songs.  One notable occasion was when a mate of mine stood up apropos of nothing and said very loudly "GLOVES" and sat down. Thirty seconds later "gloves, wooo hoo dop yeah, gloves yeahh"

Oh, philpy.
Aye. I was genuinely going through a bad mental health at the time due to family issues. Went off the rails a bit, its fair to say. I honestly just wish I'd been truthful with everyone rather than make up a load of bullshit to try and gain sympathy and attention. There are a load of decent folk on here that I could have easily spoken to about was REALLY happening at the time.

In terms of stories for the newer members, the fake police man (PC McCabe  or something) convinced they had some kind of special knowledge of helicopter crashes and that the Clutha tragedy was pilot error? (Foggy on the details)

And everyone's favourite Kia fan from Perth, did he not stalk someones address a decade or so ago?

Paulo Sergio once tried to pass himself off as an astrophysicist. 

Banana who was another of our r/incel types always banging on about the evils of feminism and females in general, before turning into Trumps biggest fan on the forum, though he has quietly dropped off the radar, as Trump has been the success we all thought he would be. 

4 minutes ago, philpy said:
59 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Oh, philpy.

Aye. I was genuinely going through a bad mental health at the time due to family issues. Went off the rails a bit, its fair to say. I honestly just wish I'd been truthful with everyone rather than make up a load of bullshit to try and gain sympathy and attention. There are a load of decent folk on here that I could have easily spoken to about was REALLY happening at the time.

When you’re finding things difficult mate, always reflect on the positive impact you’ve had on this forum.

From your pallet Garden furniture, fucked yellow trainers, Facebook meltdowns over Adam and LM, getting bodied off Slippery P, the slug, buying Forrest Gumps trainers, meeting Paedos at bus stops, going for a pint and a game of pool with said paedo, going back to his house and being present whilst his windows were being put in, your monkey bedsheets, complaining about having to work five minutes before you were due to finish, and your occasional shite plate of food you seem to post. 

Oh, Philpy has been your calling card. Embrace it. 

12 minutes ago, philpy said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
Oh, philpy.

. It's probably something that will regularly still be cast up, but because you're continually honest about it and don't try to deny it or say you meant it as a joke means it's now cast up more in jest than as a means to hit you over the head with. 

You could give a few folk on here lessons on how to recover from an embarrassing misjudgement

When you’re finding things difficult mate, always reflect on the positive impact you’ve had on this forum.

From your pallet Garden furniture, fucked yellow trainers, Facebook meltdowns over Adam and LM, getting bodied off Slippery P, the slug, buying Forrest Gumps trainers, meeting Paedos at bus stops, going for a pint and a game of pool with said paedo, going back to his house and being present whilst his windows were being put in, your monkey bedsheets, complaining about having to work five minutes before you were due to finish, and your occasional shite plate of food you seem to post. 

Someone went all in on trying to say you looked like Sean Dyche. Who was that?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Someone went all in on trying to say you looked like Sean Dyche. Who was that?

8 mile, always 8 mile.