Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Simpsons memes in response to Tony was the greatest afternoon I've ever had at work. I simply stopped pretending to work and spent a good 3 hours shaking with laughter.

I remember seeing this vaguely. Please link.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

XBL was arguably the biggest oddball in my time on here. One month a year he adopted the persona of "The Grey Ghost" and posted in the third person. He said he liked "muslimy looking women" then tried to make a joke out of it when called on it. He posted the most misogynistic incel rant ever after getting kb'd in the Fubar at 3am which started "A message to that bitch" and contained the immortal line "f**k you, you averagey looking cocktease". He claimed to have thrown someone through a window and also claims to have been responsible for the death of a smoking man on a bus. I enjoyed his feud with dubs ("shall we dance").

Didn't he also claim that he and his Dad actively celebrated 9/11 in their kitchen? Mad to think he got rattled by Ad Lib so much, who now appears on BBC from time to time working the in the House of Commons. 

I first started reading and posting in 2006 when it was passing it's zenith. I didn't realise how lucky I was to see some of the shenanigans that went on. I'm pretty sure it's still in the gold forum, but SimonLichtie's sex tips to CK is something that stood out as being hilarious. I think it was before my time but the whole thread was a brilliant read. 

There's been some characters kicking about. Kilt with his ridiculous antics were both creepy and sad. The Larbert Mafia always produced some fantastic posts (It's not really any surprise CGT has gone on to bigger things with his blogs, podcasts and a View From the Terrace). As mentioned, the internet seemed less of a cynical place at that point. Folk would come on with ridiculous stories. 

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

BustaNut sending a Facebook friend request to my stepdaughter who instantly blocked him before asking me why one some creepy guy who claimed to know me off a football forum was trying to sleaze on her. 

What was her name? If it was who I am thinking it was she's still on my FB

@Flybhoy big blondie?

Edited by Busta Nut

Just now, PWL said:

Was it XBL whos mum and dad got girls drunk in their house for him to have his wicked way with? I'm pretty sure it was an Arbroath poster. 

The only mention I recall of XBL's dad was in a thread about the Twin Towers where he claimed he got home on the day it happened and he and his dad were high-fiving each other watching the footage. 

It would probably explain his "that bitch" post 😂

One poster getting so wound up by Bobby Skidmarks that they decided to contact Skidmarks' boss in an attempt to get him sacked.

WTM being caught acting like Ted Bundy on a Sims forum.

Another 14 Mile tall tale about how some poster used to act weird in Falkirk nightclubs and was widely known as "The Watcher"

"A chin that could sand paper"

What the f**k goes on in Arbroath and Greenock, like? Most of my irl interactions with the denizens of either town have been relatively normal.

If you went off P&B you'd assume they were full to the brim with literal mentalists and puddle drinking, Al-Qaeda sympathising racists.

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Mad to think he got rattled by Ad Lib so much

Didn't Ad Lib goad him into using a banned word mocking the disabled?

Also I'm sure someone added mad ginger hair and a ginger beard to the "Forever Alone" meme on a later thread where the "That bitch" post was referenced.

He also spent a good while referring to himself as the "million memories poster" which was soon referred to as the "million mammaries poster".

There was also an epic thread which had bans all over the place, Swampy was emptied, VT may also have been suspended and XBL made a huge deal about "Standing with them" only to shite the bed when challenged to actually do so. 

Finally, think it was before my time but I'm sure I remember a story of The Phoenix giving XBL a lift to the football, only to find him so insufferable that he tried to make a sharp exit at full time to get away from him. 

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

What the f**k goes on in Arbroath and Greenock, like? Most of my irl interactions with the denizens of either town have been relatively normal.

If you went off P&B you'd assume they were full to the brim with literal mentalists and puddle drinking, Al-Qaeda sympathising racists.

You've been lucky m8

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I remember seeing this vaguely. Please link.

It all starts on page 43 (on the mobile version).

The thread began as a Sevco vs Celtic one. During this game one of the Sevco mutants in the crowd was shown making racist gestures at Scott Sinclair. This kicked off a tit for tat and whatabouttery session from Celtic and Sevco fans, until treehouse tam said that both sides are as bad as each other.

Flybhoy/Magee took exception to this and said Sevco were clearly worse. 8MileBU/14 mile then said that he had a pal who was on the same Celtic supporters bus as Flybhoy/Magee and that Flybhoy/Magee was singing some naughty songs. He was called on this obvious shit and 8MileBU/14 mile then made up a friend called Tony and made up some screenshots of a text conversation, or even worse text himself from another phone.

Flybhoy/Magee noted that it was complete bullshit and that there was no such person called Tony on his bus, and 8MileBU/14 mile got very defensive about it. He claimed that 'Tony' was a nickname. Flybhoy/Magee then challenged 8MileBU/14 mile to show the time of the messages in the screenshots to prove the authenticity of 'Tony', but 8MileBU/14 mile only posted one with the time from the first fake message. He was thus challenged to show the timestamp on all of the message to prove they were real, but despite numerous posters showing him how he disappeared for a day.

But then 8MileBU/14 made an appearance and claimed that Tony would soon be making an appearance on the thread to clear things up and prove he was real, only he couldn't do so just then as he was on his way to London.

The Simpsons memes then start at page 67 but don't really take off until page 71. Pure gold from there. I'm reading through them now and am close to crying with laughter.