Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Have to admit I’ve always thought the pets stuff was/is completely out of order. He might’ve been a complete walloper but that would have been awful and it’s really quite poor to make jokes about it IMO.

"Crispy pets" was one of those lines that was fucking hilarious, but you also felt bad about laughing.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Virtually identical to Rab, just being annoying all over the forum and dotting campaigns etc. In fact, their posting styles were nearly identical, could easily be the same person. 

Having met both, they're different people. Of course Fred West and Peter Sutcliffe were different people...

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Not P&B related but on the theme of people with unbelievable brass neck's, I mind at college a few years back everyone in the class put in a fiver as a gift for one of the guy's in the group, who had just become a dad in February. The middle age woman doing the collecting claimed to have lost all the money, so he never got a gift from the class.

Social media being what it is, said middle age woman ended up putting up a photo on Valentine's Day of the nice new trainers she'd bought for her boyfriend. Someone in the class saw this, did a bit of sleuthing and worked out they cost just shy of the total the class had raised to give to the guy.

Potentially a strange coincidence and she had genuinely lost the cash (unlikely), but whatever the case everyone in the class fucking hated the woman from then on. There was another argument along the lines of "even if she's lost the money that's her responsibility, so she should still buy the guy a fucking gift out of her own pocket" that tbh I was well behind but it never happened.

Another guy borrowed £50 from one of the guy's he was getting on ok with in the group, pleading some sort of sob story to get the cash, and in the exact same week the guy tapping the £50 fucked off and dropped out of the course (he'll have known fine well he was dropping out but smelled an opportunity for a Sick Boy style scam). He then blocked the guy he'd bumped £50 from all social media.

I literally don't understand the thought process that underpins the sheer opportunism of some folk and the subsequent manipulative, selfish scheme's. Even from a purely pragmatic point of view if you're going through life behaving like that, even if you're trying to pick and choose your target's there's surely only so much you can get away with before it eventually bites you on the arse and you end up i) with a reputation for being an untrustworthy piece of shit, ii) having a criminal record or iii) a situation where a scam backfire's and someone takes it so badly they end up knocking the everloving f**k out of the scammer in retaliation.

scam fifty quid and you're a scumbag

scam thousands and you're a fraudster

scam millions and you're a venture capitalist heading for a knighthood in the New Years' Honours... 

I would love it, love it, if someone could post the photo shopped (Gregg Wallace and crying emoji I think) picture of the SEETHING Dunfermline support in the main stand at Cappielow.

I've never been able to find it since and the thought of it always makes me smile.

44 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My word. 

Is there a bigger indicator of a moron than the telly constantly being on any old shite with the volume turned up to 100?

Especially when playing a game like that. You can get engrossed for hours so why not listen to your favourite music or podcasts?