Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

virginton telling a poster he had no idea who he was, whilst at the same time having a quote from said poster in his signature was pretty funny.
That would have been me. Can't even remember the quote, just one someone clocked out and reminded him.

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:
I still enjoy how back when I was a Platinum Member a last minute goal in the 5 game predictor competition meant that I beat xbl to the £180 rollover jackpot.
I think he’s still bitter that I got an Xbox 360 out of it.
Name changing perk was way overrated in hindsight, but it “ages” how new people are to the forum to some extent. Until I was Ad Lib folk always knew me as Exuberant (complete with Ant display pic). The month I changed it to the German for exuberant was, in hindsight, cringy as f**k.

Were you temporarily "Ghoul of the Season" for Halloween one year?

Could well have been. So long ago now.

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This thread contains many depictions of some of the moments described here, plus others: 

Sadly there are a lot of broken images. I'm not sure if @LiamDFC's contributions are all dead too, but the first one I found was. Hopefully he still has them, or they still exist somewhere.

All gone, I’m afraid. Didn’t think to back them up — they were very ‘time and place’; probably for the best they’re gone. 

Has General Nonsense become fun to read again? I stopped following it circa 2016.

Thank you.

Ps. By far the funniest thing I ever read on P&B was Eddiemunsters ‘Tales of the Hunchback.’ Being a ‘prisoner in my own bed’ is a line I’ve unashamedly plagarised  over the years. Top, top stuff.

Edited by LiamDFC

1 minute ago, LiamDFC said:

All gone, I’m afraid. Didn’t think to back them up — they were very ‘time and place’; probably for the best they’re gone. 

Has General Nonsense become fun to read again? I stopped following it circa 2016.

Thank you.

It has its moments, but nothing really on the level of the things shared in this thread.

Which P&B poster do we think most resembles Martin in real life?

Was there not a poster who recently talked about how he would giggle when his mother queefed? I always imagined that poster as Martin with his mouth stuffed full of snowballs giggling whilst his mother lay legs akimbo on the couch next to him letting them rip.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Was there not a poster who recently talked about how he would giggle when his mother queefed? I always imagined that poster as Martin with his mouth stuffed full of snowballs giggling whilst his mother lay legs akimbo on the couch next to him letting them rip.

That was big fat tabby Dave. I don’t think he’s a Martin type personally, just an utter deviant. 

When rangers went bust (it’s probably somewhere in the admin thread) one of the many many random rangers fans started spamming the page, and instead of multi-quoting the the posts, just kept replying.

Eventually someone out of nowhere quoted this person and posted “LEARN TO MULTIQUOTE YOU STUPID c**t.”

No clue why, but I was pissing myself laughing at it for ages.

In fact the first dozen pages or so of that thread was phenomenal as the pile on began, and what seemed like the entire forum effectively kicked a corpse.

That was big fat tabby Dave. I don’t think he’s a Martin type personally, just an utter deviant. 

I think there was a grey area concerning the word queef but I couldn’t stop my imagination running wild regardless.

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The start of name changes before there was a limit placed on how often you could change it made it impossible to keep track of who was who. Which I suppose was an attraction for a lot of people in running away from making a tit of themselves.

It did lead to some enjoyable carnage though. Was there not more than one instance of people getting into spats and responding by changing their name, avatar, team etc to be the same as the person they were arguing with then posting ridiculous things? A quite incredible and deranged commitment to shithousing.

mhak becoming StewartyMak was a favourite of mine. Possibly in retaliation to him getting a temporary ban. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

When rangers went bust (it’s probably somewhere in the admin thread) one of the many many random rangers fans started spamming the page, and instead of multi-quoting the the posts, just kept replying.

Eventually someone out of nowhere quoted this person and posted “LEARN TO MULTIQUOTE YOU STUPID c**t.”

Wasn't that Youngsy? He was as thick as f**k. 

The Rangers Admin thread was utterly glorious reading for a long time, pretty much until Dhenboy and Hellbhoy started spamming it with pseudo-legal drivel. No8 had a regular 'mare on it. Whenever things took a bad turn for Rangers he was as contrite as f**k, as soon as something seemingly went in their favour he was suddenly GIRFUY-ing it all over the place, until something would inevitably and hilariously go tits up and he'd retreat into his shell again. 

Rangers' death in 2012 has somewhat overshadowed the hilarity of 2008's season end when the ***s tried and failed to get the season extended due to the UEFA Cup Final. No8 was an utter mess then as well, convinced that David Edgar's "hidden hand" pish was genuine. Absolute scenes of course when they shat the UEFA Final and lost the league on the last day 😂

Nothing will ever top the 2016 Cup Final though. Definitely one of, if not the greatest match thread on P&B. Cranial detachments all over the place.