Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The start of name changes before there was a limit placed on how often you could change it made it impossible to keep track of who was who. Which I suppose was an attraction for a lot of people in running away from making a tit of themselves.

It did lead to some enjoyable carnage though. Was there not more than one instance of people getting into spats and responding by changing their name, avatar, team etc to be the same as the person they were arguing with then posting ridiculous things? A quite incredible and deranged commitment to shithousing.

Pretty sure Magee did this. 

Who was it that PM'd other posters to form a dotting group in order to bring Skidmarks 'down a peg or two'?

Also has the one pint, three straws been mentioned yet?

Wastecoatwilly deserves a mention for his mental assertions that Celtic have a business model that no one else in the world has, namely buying younger players and selling them on at a profit, and also that Celtic are more successful than other Scottish clubs simply because they want it more. Apparently all the massive advantages have nothing to do with it.

Strangely he's very quiet when asked why they don't win the Champions League every year given they 'want it' more.

I'm sure there was a weird wee incely Queens Park fan, with a long username that I can't remember. He used to follow Banana around and say things like "I don't normally agree but he's got a point" and Google stories about black people doing bad things to white people so he could post them on here and say "imagine if it had been the other way round".
Anyway, I'm sure he posted a horrific (and probably made up) post about a fat girl with horrible tits "raping" him, basically he didn't complain even though he didn't like it, so women should do the same. It was weird, a bit funny, but also quite depressing, but it never gets brought up in threads like this and I now wonder if it actually happened? I'm sure he disappeared in shame straight after.
EdgarusQPFC or something like that. Boy definitely had issues. Don't remember if he left or was felled by the banhammer.

27 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The start of name changes before there was a limit placed on how often you could change it made it impossible to keep track of who was who. Which I suppose was an attraction for a lot of people in running away from making a tit of themselves.

The annoying thing since one of the upgrades is the removal of the facility where you could see the history of someone's name changes. It makes it harder to keep up with who is who sometimes now.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who was it that PM'd other posters to form a dotting group in order to bring Skidmarks 'down a peg or two'?

8 Mile. Always 8 Mile.

Just spent my free time reading the "Tony thread" in its entirety. How 8Mile has not been sectioned is beyond me, Bennetts tears early on are glorious and Joey Jo Jo Jnr Shabadoo should be knighted for starting those Simpson gifs. Should be essential reading for all.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don’t think The Grey Ghost or Vectron were separate accounts he created. Did he not just change his username to them for a month at a time, completely change his posting style with it, then change back to XBL?

Before XBL he was Xbass Lichtie

I couldn't tell if Swampy was on some utterly left field troll with those, or was simply seething because his World of Warcraft bird had binned him. I quite enjoyed his contributions on here as Swampy before he went mental.

I think Swampy was open about being autistic, in fairness.

Something else entirely happened when he changed from being a hardcore SNP supporter in Greenock, to a far right American Trump supporter in Louisiana. His Yank Mike period was insufferable.

On 22/10/2019 at 09:39, ICTChris said:

Stuart Dickson is a forgotten poster now, he was always amusing, usually at his own expense.  I remember when the Arab Spring began he posted in the thread fulminating at the protesters for stopping people from getting to work on time.

On the politics forum, Malky 3' s posting style comes across as similarly HD ready....

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think Swampy was open about being autistic, in fairness.

Something else entirely happened when he changed from being a hardcore SNP supporter in Greenock, to a far right American Trump supporter in Louisiana. His Yank Mike period was insufferable.

It's more complicated than that.  He was a libertarian who didn't support Scottish independence, then he changed to being a libertarian who did support indpendence, then he moved away from libertarianism towards basically supporting centre left policiies.  Then he got banned and it was revealed through his postings on the Morton forum that he had become a Trump supporter.  Someone (I think it was @virginton ?) said that he wasn't just an online supporter, that he was involved in the Trump campaign in his local area and may have attended and helped organise some of the rallies during the election.

Everyone's opinions will change over time and develop as your life cahnges, you get older, you meet new people and experience new things.  But I am a bit suspicious of people whose opinions just do a 180 in very short order, especially when they are primarily online.  I remember the thread where Swampy became an independence supporter, it was about Tony Blair stopping a bribery investigation into BAE and Swampy just said, halfway through the thread, "this is a disgrace, I now supprot independence" and within a few months he was the uber SNPer.

I don't recall him ever talking about being autistic though.  He was certainly odd.

One of my favourite moments on the forum was Stuart Dickson inciting a heads gone meltdown from someone by saying they only went to a funeral for the steak pie/free food. 

Think it became a running insult, much in the same way PB used to refer to Stand free as a jigsaw enthusiast.

Childish and immature?

- Yes.

Do I doubt (actually aware of) there being similar or worse DM groups amongst P&Bs (self-appointed) elite?

- Not for a fucking second...

Anyway I try not to get dragged into that sort of nonsense anymore because there’s always some lunatic who takes it way too far and beyond P&B, just because you made up some daft, ridiculous jobby story, slagged off their team or one of their thick trivial posts years ago.

f**k, on P&B you can’t do a bit of venting on the parenting thread about some awful circumstances without some fucking moron using it to harass you here and elsewhere.

8 Mile. Always 8 Mile.

IMG_0379.jpg

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

One of my favourite moments on the forum was Stuart Dickson inciting a heads gone meltdown from someone by saying they only went to a funeral for the steak pie/free food. 

Think it became a running insult, much in the same way PB used to refer to Stand free as a jigsaw enthusiast.

Was it not to a poster who was burying his gran 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Also has the one pint, three straws been mentioned yet?

No. What was the background behind this other than three (presumed students) sharing a single pint in some pub? 

Eta:  I knew it only from the Eh'll Paint it Thread, which had the following description (but the classic depiction of the boys huddled around a table sipping at the same time is sadly no longer there)

Here's jamamafegan4, Bonksy+HisChristianParade and one of their mysterious St Johnston supporting pals enjoying a quiet half pint in their local before being rudely asked to leave by a particularly irate member of the bar staff. It is entirely possible that the optimum time between finishing their last drink and ordering a new one had expired, forcing the bar-womans hand.

I guess we'll never know. Drink up, lads.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just now, heedthebaa said:

Was it not to a poster who was burying his gran 

Something along those lines. It was definitely below the belt and incited a fair amount of rage.

There does need to be another best/worst poster thread though. Makes every day like a p&b Sunday.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

I'm sure there was a weird wee incely Queens Park fan, with a long username that I can't remember. He used to follow Banana around and say things like "I don't normally agree but he's got a point" and Google stories about black people doing bad things to white people so he could post them on here and say "imagine if it had been the other way round".

Anyway, I'm sure he posted a horrific (and probably made up) post about a fat girl with horrible tits "raping" him, basically he didn't complain even though he didn't like it, so women should do the same. It was weird, a bit funny, but also quite depressing, but it never gets brought up in threads like this and I now wonder if it actually happened? I'm sure he disappeared in shame straight after.

This was @EdgarusQPFC, who I believe was voluntarily banned. Probably for his own good.

Not sure about your second paragraph though.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This was @EdgarusQPFC, who I believe was voluntarily banned. Probably for his own good.

Not sure about your second paragraph though.

On 31/10/2017 at 00:16, EdgarusQPFC said:

You also have people trying to push narratives that change what consent means. Namely if after the fact you regret sleeping with someone, you can withdraw the consent you gave at the time and claim you were raped. Now everyone out there has at least one person in their life that they regret having sex with, hell i know i do and i'm pretty sure she does aswell if she even remembers me or my disappointing performance. But i can't turn round and go "consent withdrawn, you assaulted me with your disgustingly fat tits" and accuse her of assault (although, i would like to accuse her of visual assault because she really was hideous)