Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

Can’t be bothered searching but has anyone mentioned Ruel Street and Bring Yer Maw?
Or Swampy and “No Kings”?

Aye, both have been mentioned a few times.

Kudos for “The Carrick” definitely in my top 5 P&B moments. This site is really excellent & whether we like it or not, seeps into our everyday lives, for instance, I’ll not be asking Philpy for advice on footwear.

Which reminds me of a well worn P&B trope.

“Oh Philpy”

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
4 hours ago, welshbairn said:
No way was Supras Peppino, Kuro or even Fuzzyafro. 

Your avatar is somewhat prescient, yet you don't have a fucking clue if you aren't James Cameron. I bet you aren't even Welsh or a Falkirk supporter, even if you are I know better because, angry, angry, angry. f**k off, random caddying story etc. He is a strange little man, whoever the hell he is.

Maybe the start of a Heads Gone

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned as I haven’t read every post but when I was first browsing P&B 10 years ago there was a poster called Ron Burgundy who was hilarious and utterly psychopathic in equal measure. Some of his posts were worthy of genuine laughs out loud and in the next post he would be bringing up the work address and telephone number of other posters on the site. He got banned and then made up a staggering amount of aliases in a very short space of time, just spamming the site with nonsense. The back and forths between him and the XBL character had me laughing one minute and genuinely worried the next. 

Guest Moomintroll
3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Maybe the start of a Heads Gone

No need to trouble anyone. Pepp under his various guises, has a tendency to get spectacularly angry at random imaginary perceived insults, when it happens, and it will, you will not have a fucking clue what you are talking about. In spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Pepp knows this as he is a close confidant of a World renowned figure who is close enough to the subject matter to give him plausible deniability.

If you raise any objection  to this, then he tends to get really, really angry, albeit not as angry as he gets when anyone else dares to discuss  Diego Maradona or Cristiano Ronaldo in less than glowing terms.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned as I haven’t read every post but when I was first browsing P&B 10 years ago there was a poster called Ron Burgundy who was hilarious and utterly psychopathic in equal measure. Some of his posts were worthy of genuine laughs out loud and in the next post he would be bringing up the work address and telephone number of other posters on the site. He got banned and then made up a staggering amount of aliases in a very short space of time, just spamming the site with nonsense. The back and forths between him and the XBL character had me laughing one minute and genuinely worried the next. 

He was absolutely relentless with XBL. XBL was very much the type who would hunker down and never let an argument go, waiting until the other person/people got fed up trying to make a point and then use that to claim victory but Ron was just constant with him. 

Upon reflection, XBL was definitely one of the worst of all time on here. The fact that he was literate and at least coherent doesn't mask the fact that he was an awful poster with a whole host of really odd tendencies and his Grey Ghost and Vectron aliases (which he never made any effort to deny were his) were both absolutely cringeworthy. I think in his own head he thought it was Steve Coogan or Sacha Baron-Cohen like to create a couple of new personas and characters but the difference is, their creations were funny. 

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Say what you like about some of the weirdos on this thread, at least a lot of them were humanly capable of the requisite shame to leave the forum after their incidents, or at the very least only post under an alias. The fact 8mile is still blithely posting away years after his incident, in a community where he is *solely* known for the story, is truly frightening. I would put money on him not possessing an internal monologue.

Also easily the forum's worst poster now Rab is gone, but it almost feels beside the point.

Rab was annoying as f**k, but I still think it's harsh to rate him below 8Mile.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Say what you like about some of the weirdos on this thread, at least a lot of them were humanly capable of the requisite shame to leave the forum after their incidents, or at the very least only post under an alias. The fact 8mile is still blithely posting away years after his incident, in a community where he is *solely* known for the story, is truly frightening. I would put money on him not possessing an internal monologue.

Also easily the forum's worst poster now Rab is gone, but it almost feels beside the point.

He's definitely in the conversation but I'd have to say 'FlyBhoy' is the absolute worst at the moment. Not on a par with the Nesbits or the O'Gradys of this world but not far off it.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He was absolutely relentless with XBL. XBL was very much the type who would hunker down and never let an argument go, waiting until the other person/people got fed up trying to make a point and then use that to claim victory but Ron was just constant with him. 

Upon reflection, XBL was definitely one of the worst of all time on here. The fact that he was literate and at least coherent doesn't mask the fact that he was an awful poster with a whole host of really odd tendencies and his Grey Ghost and Vectron aliases (which he never made any effort to deny were his) were both absolutely cringeworthy. I think in his own head he thought it was Steve Coogan or Sacha Baron-Cohen like to create a couple of new personas and characters but the difference is, their creations were funny. 

I don’t think The Grey Ghost or Vectron were separate accounts he created. Did he not just change his username to them for a month at a time, completely change his posting style with it, then change back to XBL?

Zzzzzz.

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Man, the forum was such a different place back then. The internet in general, even. Folk had their guard up much less in terms of anonymity and this would lead to absolutely insane dealings in folk's private lives being dealt out over the P&B table for all to see. The whole, years long, Kilt saga is testament to that.

This was also before the dotting system was introduced and folk seemed less hesitant to hit the submit button.  Having individuals craving high post counts at any cost with no need to avoid red dots was always a receipe for inevitable carnage.

I'm sure there was a weird wee incely Queens Park fan, with a long username that I can't remember. He used to follow Banana around and say things like "I don't normally agree but he's got a point" and Google stories about black people doing bad things to white people so he could post them on here and say "imagine if it had been the other way round".

Anyway, I'm sure he posted a horrific (and probably made up) post about a fat girl with horrible tits "raping" him, basically he didn't complain even though he didn't like it, so women should do the same. It was weird, a bit funny, but also quite depressing, but it never gets brought up in threads like this and I now wonder if it actually happened? I'm sure he disappeared in shame straight after.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I don’t think The Grey Ghost or Vectron were separate accounts he created. Did he not just change his username to them for a month at a time, completely change his posting style with it, then change back to XBL?

This. It was shortly after the introduction of name changing.

I still enjoy how back when I was a Platinum Member a last minute goal in the 5 game predictor competition meant that I beat xbl to the £180 rollover jackpot.

I think he’s still bitter that I got an Xbox 360 out of it.

Name changing perk was way overrated in hindsight, but it “ages” how new people are to the forum to some extent. Until I was Ad Lib folk always knew me as Exuberant (complete with Ant display pic). The month I changed it to the German for exuberant was, in hindsight, cringy as f**k.

The start of name changes before there was a limit placed on how often you could change it made it impossible to keep track of who was who. Which I suppose was an attraction for a lot of people in running away from making a tit of themselves.

It did lead to some enjoyable carnage though. Was there not more than one instance of people getting into spats and responding by changing their name, avatar, team etc to be the same as the person they were arguing with then posting ridiculous things? A quite incredible and deranged commitment to shithousing.