Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

37 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My username ended up in stirling university toilet wall. Presume it was xbl.

I found "Glasgow Area 5s - K Thacker" written on the side of a cubicle in Stirling University. I added "VL" to the bottom of it

People adding "Supras" to the end of their posts in white text so that when he searched for his own name (which he admitted to doing) it just brought back stuff totally unrelated to him.

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

People adding "Supras" to the end of their posts in white text so that when he searched for his own name (which he admitted to doing) it just brought back stuff totally unrelated to him.

really?

Supras

45 minutes ago, Div said:
The site was created in Jan 2003. I set it up and pretty much left it sitting with no fucker on it.
Scottish Football Online, which was the first "all club" forum then died and a load of Clyde, Falkirk and St.Mirren fans moved into P&B.
At that time we just had one forum which was for the old Division 1.
It grew from there. Coming up for 17 years on it's had a bit of everything.
Through some very dark "upgrades" and major crashes we've come perilously close to losing it all on more than one occasion over the years but we've somehow muddled through and here we are, still going. The site has been busier in 2019 than it has been since it's peak traffic period of 2009 and we are even pretty close to beating that record.
We served 2Tb of content last month to 328,000 unique visitors. The web server handled 62 million requests from just under 4 million page views.
Madness!
cloudflare-01.thumb.JPG.af6d3efa39cf863b5663d0375eb0b6b8.JPG
cloudflare-02.thumb.JPG.0d149e53ed12a69cc29e3985690b1909.JPG
cloudflare-03.thumb.JPG.1fbf08d54e72fb726b0cf589266a9640.JPG

ever thought of selling the site div or had any offers?

45 minutes ago, Div said:

The site was created in Jan 2003. I set it up and pretty much left it sitting with no fucker on it.

Scottish Football Online, which was the first "all club" forum then died and a load of Clyde, Falkirk and St.Mirren fans moved into P&B.

At that time we just had one forum which was for the old Division 1.

It grew from there. Coming up for 17 years on it's had a bit of everything.

Through some very dark "upgrades" and major crashes we've come perilously close to losing it all on more than one occasion over the years but we've somehow muddled through and here we are, still going. The site has been busier in 2019 than it has been since it's peak traffic period of 2009 and we are even pretty close to beating that record.

We served 2Tb of content last month to 328,000 unique visitors. The web server handled 62 million requests from just under 4 million page views.

Madness!

cloudflare-01.JPG

cloudflare-02.JPG

cloudflare-03.JPG

latest?cb=20090720220816

3 minutes ago, Ylf said:

ever thought of selling the site div or had any offers?

Been a wee bit interest at times but nothing really concrete. I'd probs sell it for £10m if anyone would like to submit an offer.

1 minute ago, Div said:

Been a wee bit interest at times but nothing really concrete. I'd probs sell it for £10m if anyone would like to submit an offer.

Life time supply of Texan bars do the trick?

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

really?

Supras

It worked best when you just did it right at the end though, your reply makes it obvious there's something there due to the dead space after your first line. Supras

Olaf Thom was eventually banned for claiming the England football team wasn't representative of England at all as there were too many black players.

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Supras showed up to the 5s one year (when he was at his peak annoying level) and flat out wouldn't talk to or make eye contact with anyone, almost looking scared. He'd completely flat out deny he was Supras despite there being several St. Mirren fans taking part in the 5s who knew who he was.

It was funny, as he slunk into a pint, wouldn't actually look at anyone and just kept his head down as if folk were going to give him aggro. He sat there for about 2 hours with a couple of other lads and wouldn't actually move from the table. Completely bizarre behaviour.

The question was, why would you even bother showing up to something like that if you thought folk were going to have a go at you? 

I think I remember there being a thread about going out clubbing and he posted a fairly lengthy response about how hard he worked to spend as little as possible as if it was the main goal of the evening. Might be the grimmest thing I've read. Totally joyless.

Just now, alang1993 said:

Who was the poster who was talking about playing with their daughter, then said "Next thing I knew there was toddler vagina in my face"?

The rest of Pie and Bovril were like

1909787086_giphy-2019-10-22T125211_416.gif.3faef06dc7593f89c2daf6eed60c7510.gif

Ha! The TV incident was quickly snuffed out.