Tales of P&B Past

Torpar

There was some furore over a Raith poster called Steven, who then became a Leeds fan from memory, who went full blown stalky heads gone on Monster I think, to the extent of threatening phone calls being made and possible the plod involved.

Then who can forget the philpy/Adam Wee/Lynn Marie love triangle where he went in a facebook stalky huff when they didn't invite him to Ireland or something like that. I may have made 99% of that up, but the gist is there.

Just now, Tynierose said:

Quite a few St Mirren fans have disappeared over the years.

Captain Sensible where did he go and of course crabbit c**t Ric and his resignation.

Throw in professor of economics at the age of 17 Supras, holocaust denying jammy wearing oddball Wisbit and the lunatic that is Demented Zebra you get the idea that they're an odd bunch.

Resignations.  There were a few.  The one over jellied fruit (?) was the best.

HibeeJibee had a long-winded resignation post upon reaching 10,000 posts IIRC, saying it had been planned all along and it was the correct time to bow out at such a milestone, or words to that effect.

It lasted about two days before he was back.

Philpy had about a hundred accounts when he first joined the site and kept getting banned for posting inane drivel. He would be banned and then immediately register again and get banned for the same thing. Raith Raver, Silky8 and some other names I'm sure I remember him having.

Did Ric not resign after a big argument about the new Tron film?  His argument was that in the 1980s you could have a film like Tron because people didn't understand computers as much and were more likely to accept someone being sucked into a computer as a premise for a movie plot.  People disagreed so he resigned.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Did Ric not resign after a big argument about the new Tron film?  His argument was that in the 1980s you could have a film like Tron because people didn't understand computers as much and were more likely to accept someone being sucked into a computer as a premise for a movie plot.  People disagreed so he resigned.

Ric resigned three times. Funnily enough his second resignation was over the slagging he took for slinking back after his first. With the immortal line "you know what, you want a fucking resignation? Here it is, I fucking resign and this time I won't be back"

He was, of course. 

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There was some furore over a Raith poster called Steven, who then became a Leeds fan from memory, who went full blown stalky heads gone on Monster I think, to the extent of threatening phone calls being made and possible the plod involved.

Then who can forget the philpy/Adam Wee/Lynn Marie love triangle where he went in a facebook stalky huff when they didn't invite him to Ireland or something like that. I may have made 99% of that up, but the gist is there.

Did he not end up in relationship with Middleton Mouse?

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Kilt's attempted seduction of a female P&Ber with a box of milk tray at an airport takes some beating...

Was the Kilt not a yellow kilt wearing English Berwick Rangers fan with a blind wife? Or am I just losing it? 

I'm sure steven turned up at the fives one year with some polish burd, and he was absolutely stinking of B.O.

19 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Did he not end up in relationship with Middleton Mouse?

I believe so.

10 minutes ago, PWL said:

Was the Kilt not a yellow kilt wearing English Berwick Rangers fan with a blind wife? Or am I just losing it? 

He was. He eventually split from his wife and on one of his many, many, many, many faux pas on here proceeded to post a long story about how his hot next door neighbour who he'd been seeing had decided to become a lesbian but they spent all day shagging for a last hurrah before she moved in with her girlfriend. All the sordid details he posted in spoilers, thinking it meant it was censored and no one could read it as he wanted the mystery to be there. Everyone just unticked the spoiler box, read the nonsense and ripped him apart and I think that was maybe one of the last times he was seen on here. 

1 minute ago, philpy said:
31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm sure steven turned up at the fives one year with some polish burd, and he was absolutely stinking of B.O.

Dunno about the bird, but he was honking. 

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Stuart Dickson is a forgotten poster now, he was always amusing, usually at his own expense.  I remember when the Arab Spring began he posted in the thread fulminating at the protesters for stopping people from getting to work on time.

I think that was the thread which got him banned as he kept referring to the protestors as "apes" even when the racial connotations were pointed out to him.

I loved his St Mirren obsession. He would always be at their games when they lost a key relegation clash, for example I think it was against Falkirk and he posted post match that he'd "gone along on a whim" as he "happened to be in the area by chance".

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ric once resigned due to an argument over stewed fruit.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

That post by Kilt, as described by Ruggy above, was absolutely phenomenal, easily one of the best things I’ve ever seen posted on here.

When Kilt started posting on P&B he was in a responsible job in the civil service, married with a family - an all round respected member of society.

By the time he stopped posting, he was working on a checkout in Tesco, his wife had left him and his kids shunned him and he was reduced to messaging women half his age photographs of them he'd found on Bebo, trying to entice them with his bullshit pagan belief system.

A heads gone before the term had even been invented.

Edited by ICTChris