Perth Saints v Hamilton Academical

Wasnt sure what to make of Hamilton. Reminded me of their teams under Canning where they seemed to have no belief they could win, and it showed through a lack of fight. Was expecting a proper midfield war but it never really happened, was surprised to see MacKinnon on the bench.
McCann is an absolute star, and simply has to be first choice beside Davidson now. Easily our best player this season and arguably MOM today despite Wotherspoon scoring twice and being absolutely superb.
I think MacKinnon's display from the bench showed why he wasn't starting. Gogic and Martin are his replacements, while Hughes is just there because he came through fine academy.

Agree about McCann - looks class.
Let's be honest it would have been a fucking robbery if you'd taken a point.
Definitely. It was only a matter of time before St Johnstone got each goal.

Enjoyed that, even if if was far too squeaky bum for far too much of it. Frankly until the late goal it was looking like it was a carbon copy of the rest of our season, ending with us losing or a draw after total domination and gifting the opposition chances. But you just had the feeling when Hendry came on that there was a goal coming. Impact sub seems his role. He had some room at that back post. 

Some absolute stand-outs today. Ralston and McCann are both having good seasons, Matty absolutely terrorised them, Muzz battering through the middle of the park is always good to see. Wotherspoon excellent of course, Wright looking like he needs more game time. 

All in all a good day and a massive relief. I think if we're being honest we have to still worry about the CB issue, especially Duffy, and there were a lot of poor crosses that hit the first man. BUUUTTTT ... don't really care about that right now, let's stroll on to Wednesday under the lights and use that momentum to jump up a few places. 

Best day at McDairmid for a while.

Hamilton were poor, but hope they stay up. Any idea what the away crowd number was, it looked a bit fewer than they normally bring?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm not a fan of Ralston tbh. The lad is on another planet if he thinks he's good enough for Celtic.

I think he's better than Foster TBH, and would be happy to keep him. One of those where if he can develop a relationship with the winger in front of him (Wright seems to be improving but not sure he's been great with MOH) he could be a real asset IMO. 

There are three certainties in life:death,taxes and Accies losing in Perth.

Decided to take the dog to Linn Park,Glasgow  instead of the game (mostly due to being skint at the minute) as  I knew what was coming having witnessed many demoralizing defeats in Perth over the last 42 years-deserved or undeserved.

Never checked any scores/internet as wanted to  do a "Likely Lads" and watch the game on Alba unaware of events when I arrived back shortly before six.Sadly,no surprise as the midfield is -like under Canning-the worst in the League by a country mile and lets the rest of the team down.

Some bizarre subs by Rice:bringing on a past it McKinnon and Moyo a guy who makes Bingham look prolific.After looking like sneaking an undeserved point,it was no surprise to see ball watching for the winning goal.

A lot of anger on Accies forums but I take a more philosophical view as we always lose in Perth and it will be typical Accies to win versus Aberdeen on Wednesday night.

The way we were bossed about in midfield was more concerning than the inevitable defeat and there better be a backlash as to meekly surrender bringing the bottom sides back into it is typical Accies.

Leaders emerge and maybe today was Wotherspoon's day. I liked his post-match comments about telling himself before the match not to dwell on setbacks and to get on with the game. He offers something different to the other wide options. Delighted for him. 

That was the Kennedy I want to see today. I accept the point that the selfishness might be him trying to take too much responsibility when the team is struggling but it's an approach that is never really the answer. His strength is in attacking, so the argument is there that he should be playing in a role that focuses on getting him in those areas. 

And what about McCann? Every week you see a new facet to his game. Really excited by the speed of his progress. A new contract has to be priority here. 

As for the actual game, really strong performance but that's not always been the issue this season, it was about getting over the line and bagging all the points. Job done and can look forward to midweek now. 

Did look at Brian Easton and think what might have been. Competition at left back and an experienced head in the centre of defence to help Kerr or Gordon. You'd have got away without Vihmann and Booth. Not a day for negatives or moans though. 

First game I've seen Rice head straight down the tunnel. He needs to have a long look at himself after today. He made the right decision to bench young Smith who has struggled in the last three games but his decision to stick with the Hughes is mind boggling. He contributes absolutely nothing to the team and how he stayed on the pitch beggars belief. Our midfield is completely devoid of creativity as we have no one who can put a foot on the ball and pick a pass, oh how we could do with a Redmond or an Ali Crawford. Defence, apart from McGowan did well considering they had nothing in front of them. Was McGowan actually fit enough to pay? I have my doubts. I fear for us on Wednesday if we play like we did today.

A deserved three points. Dominant in terms of the flow of the game and chances. Delighted for Wotherspoon - he gets a ridiculously hard time from a section of our fanbase. He's the sort of character you need when times are difficult - a player who wants the ball regardless how things are going. We're a better and more balanced side when he plays.

Everything seemed a bit more natural. Wotherspoon and Wright wide let Kennedy play with a bit more freedom and he looked much better as a result. McCann, who was an absolute stand out, took the pressure off Davidson allowing him to pressure the ball a lot more often. Some will point to the winner coming 4-4-2 but felt the earlier formation will serve us better.

Hendry for all his rawness just looks like he's going to score everytime it drops to him. Ralston reminds me of Tanser 12-18 months ago. I'd like to have him here permanently to see if he could advance similarly. Duffy shouldn't be in the position he's in - never know though might be the making of him

Concerns remain. The build up to the penalty bared an uncanny resemblance to the first goal last week; a set piece lofted in that should be getting dealt with. Absolutely dominated today but needed a late winner to win it. Need to defend better if we want to end up comfortable this season.

A deserved three points. Dominant in terms of the flow of the game and chances. Delighted for Wotherspoon - he gets a ridiculously hard time from a section of our fanbase. He's the sort of character you need when times are difficult - a player who wants the ball regardless how things are going. We're a better and more balanced side when he plays.

Everything seemed a bit more natural. Wotherspoon and Wright wide let Kennedy play with a bit more freedom and he looked much better as a result. McCann, who was an absolute stand out, took the pressure off Davidson allowing him to pressure the ball a lot more often. Some will point to the winner coming 4-4-2 but felt the earlier formation will serve us better.

Hendry for all his rawness just looks like he's going to score everytime it drops to him. Ralston reminds me of Tanser 12-18 months ago. I'd like to have him here permanently to see if he could advance similarly. Duffy shouldn't be in the position he's in - never know though might be the making of him

Concerns remain. The build up to the penalty bared an uncanny resemblance to the first goal last week; a set piece lofted in that should be getting dealt with. Absolutely dominated today but needed a late winner to win it. Need to defend better if we want to end up comfortable this season.

Stopping playing pinball in our box would cut out a lot of problems. Make a proper clearance.