Perth Saints v Hamilton Academical

19 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Och I know. But still. 

FWIW I don't really like blaming Muzz for the Saturday one. It's a pretty borderline area to give one away and the loss of the goal was all on the defence.

But he's absolutely a card magnet which limits him. 

I'm just being an erse, I do blame him for the County equaliser though.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He got booked for one of his first fouls on Saturday as I remember?  Which, compared to Stephen McGinn who went the whole game constantly fouling and giving away free kicks without punishment, seemed harsh to me.

McGinn and their right back committed about 5 fouls leading to free kicks combined in the first half alone and I cant remember them being booked at all. 

Kerr committed one foul, no worse than any other, and got booked

17 hours ago, Templar said:

Out of the three Kennedy is the only one who does not have an assist in the league.  MOH had the vision to play in Kennedy for one of his league goals. I stick by my point that Kennedy will not supply goals for May if he plays along side him.

Wow.  That is quite damming, arguably he has one job to do.  He is hardly prolific in font of goal so what exactly is he contributing?  our best attacking player 0 assists and 2 league goals.  All style and no substance with him im afraid.

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just being an erse, I do blame him for the County equaliser though.

McGinn and their right back committed about 5 fouls leading to free kicks combined in the first half alone and I cant remember them being booked at all. 

Kerr committed one foul, no worse than any other, and got booked

More lies. You're showing all the excuses of someone who's team is sitting bottom of the league. 

Edited by Munoz

55 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Wow.  That is quite damming, arguably he has one job to do.  He is hardly prolific in font of goal so what exactly is he contributing?  our best attacking player 0 assists and 2 league goals.  All style and no substance with him im afraid.

Fucking hell.

Have to say, I see what folk are saying about Kennedy. I think the reverence for him, and Drey Wright, is over the top. I don't think either are as good as Swanson and O'Halloran were during their most productive spells at the club.

That's not to say who should be playing now, I just find the adulation that Kennedy receives a bit perplexing. I thought he was dreadful on Saturday.

Add me into the camp of Kennedy being poor on Saturday. Missed our biggest chance and spent the rest of the game trying to take far too many men on despite having options. He also stopped working back the way and appeared to give up completely. O’Halloran probably deserves a start based on his cameo, he actually committed folk and got to the byline. But again he needs to stop dropping so deep!

Is anyone saying Kennedy played well on Saturday?

He definitely got frustrated and started trying far too much.

Did any player get pass marks though??

As I said, he’s been our best attacking player for a year. I’ll be surprised if he’s not one of the first of our players to get signed up on a PCA at the start of next year.

Hearing folk say all style and no substance I wonder if we’re talking about the same player.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I thought he was dreadful on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Add me into the camp of Kennedy being poor on Saturday. Missed our biggest chance and spent the rest of the game trying to take far too many men on despite having options. He also stopped working back the way and appeared to give up completely. 

I'm not having it. He was easily one of our better players since he kept going. He stopped working back but only because he got scunnered with literally nobody helping him out. Tanser regularly just ran beside him rather than offering an option, and there was nothing else. He was the only one actually wanting the ball, until O'Halloran came on, and then got left alone with it, so it's no surprise he maybe looked worse than he was.

On 23/10/2019 at 08:42, Munoz said:

More lies. You're showing all the excuses of someone who's team is sitting bottom of the league. 

Its not lies at all. 

Particularly in the first half hour your side were quite cynical and it was probably planned too as quite a few teams have done exactly that against us this season and it works. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Its not lies at all. 

Particularly in the first half hour your side were quite cynical and it was probably planned too as quite a few teams have done exactly that against us this season and it works. 

Our team can't be described as cynical,  I'm sorry. If anything,  we are too lightweight. 

Now Murray Davidson,  there's cynical. 

Not much interest in this.
Oakley bullied Joe easily enough, our weak central defensive pairing might not cope with a physical strike force.
Our midfield might benefit from Craig being reintroduced. It hasn’t been the same since he was left out for Goss. Holt still to convince me that he fits.
Two up front? At home? Will Tommy do it?

7 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Two up front? At home? Will Tommy do it?

Just posted on WAP, but it sums us up that this is arguably the most important game we've had this season (first home game in a run of them, win here and momentum could follow), we've only got one player out injured, yet absolutely nobody knows what our strongest line up/formation is.