Perth Saints v Hamilton Academical

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clark

Ralston - Duffy - Kerr - Tanser

MOH - Davidson - Craig - Wotherspoon

Kennedy

May

The only problem with Kennedy up front with May is, he does not pass the ball, his only objective is to creat space for a shot and shoots at every oppertunity even for tight angles. It was so evident on Saturday. Therefore I would play another striker up front. I think Craig will be on the bench as he has not had enough game time to be match fit. Tommy will start with Holt and Davidson.

43 minutes ago, Templar said:

The only problem with Kennedy up front with May is, he does not pass the ball, his only objective is to creat space for a shot and shoots at every oppertunity even for tight angles.

I don't think that's fair.

Hopefully McGowan will be back at go back in at right back . Scott Martin back into the midfield for Hughes. Maybe Cunningham will come in for Smith . I would like to see 2 up top of Oakley and Oggy although think the latter might be injured who fecking knows right enough. If he is Big Davies then with Oakley. Need to be right up for this from the Start as this has Accies giving Saints there first win written all over it . 

3 hours ago, Templar said:

But it's true

No, it is both unfair and wrong. 

Kennedy only tries to beat too many players in games where he can't rely on the rest of the team. He did this when he first came to us, but soon began to show trust and move the ball on a lot more. I think there was a stat last year that showed that Matty put in more crosses than any other player in the leauge. Not the statistic of a selfish player. 

It was especially noticable on Saturday. Early on he played a number of balls inside and worked the channels. By the 70th minute he was trying to beat 4 men out of the corner as he had no options, and nothing was working even when Tanser was showing for it. 

The solution is not to punish our best player by dropping him. The solutution is for the team to actually play as unit and show for the ball. Kennedy is too good and too smart a footballer to be gready when there are better options. 

By contrast, the player who I think does try to do too much is MOH, who has both speed and skill but I don't think has the vision of a Kennedy or a Swanson. 

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

By contrast, the player who I think does try to do too much is MOH, who has both speed and skill but I don't think has the vision of a Kennedy or a Swanson. 

Out of the three Kennedy is the only one who does not have an assist in the league.  MOH had the vision to play in Kennedy for one of his league goals. I stick by my point that Kennedy will not supply goals for May if he plays along side him.

Edited by Templar

3 hours ago, Templar said:

I saw the full game on TV it was on Alba and using a VPN, I can get in Israel

Let's be honest here, even if you're kind of right in this instance,  which i don't think you are, you see a LOT* more when you're at the game.

* unless you're at Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United or Ross County. You see only parts of the pitch in these shitey grounds. 

Edited by tree house tam

Matty Kennedy has been our best attacking player for about a year now. He didn't have his best game on Saturday, and you could tell how frustrated he was and got wound up and made poor decisions, but to single him out is bonkers.

Top scorer last season, and joint top this season (on 2!) mostly from playing wide.

59 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Matty Kennedy has been our best attacking player for about a year now. He didn't have his best game on Saturday, and you could tell how frustrated he was and got wound up and made poor decisions, but to single him out is bonkers.

Top scorer last season, and joint top this season (on 2!) mostly from playing wide.

Exactly. First name on the team sheet imo.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye. If anything he should be getting praised for Saturday. Nobody helping him, getting fucking pelters from the stand behind him whenever things didnt come off for him, yet he still demanded the ball and tried to do things with it.

It's the others, in midfield and attack, who fucking hid that deserve being talked about.

21 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Davies says we're getting relegated BTW. 

Someone should mention that to Murray Davidson. 

Aye, and Davidson can do his usual and charge into him five minutes late to give away a pointless free kick that gets shelled into the box.

Davidson's recklessness led to Spittals free kick goal, and the first goal on Saturday, technically. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, and Davidson can do his usual and charge into him five minutes late to give away a pointless free kick that gets shelled into the box.

Davidson's recklessness led to Spittals free kick goal, and the first goal on Saturday, technically. 

Och I know. But still. 

FWIW I don't really like blaming Muzz for the Saturday one. It's a pretty borderline area to give one away and the loss of the goal was all on the defence.

But he's absolutely a card magnet which limits him.