Hibs vs Ross County

25 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Fair play to the County again, there's tons of spirit in that squad.

2 down with 20 minutes to go and the management team make 3 attacking changes, throwing on Graham, Chalmers and Mullin, and coming away with a point, great fighting spirit. 

Indeed - its not tricky to out-think Heckinbotham, simply change the gameplan and we have no plan B.

Spoiler

tbf, we dont appear to have a Plan A

Same happened v Hearts when Levein moved Hicky and our management team made no formation change, cue loss of all 3 points.

Thought County were decent yesterday and ultimately deserving of the point -  but we really should have been out of sight after we passed up chances to make it 3.

I will accept dropping the points if it gets rid of this clown sooner.

With 20 minutes to go I was absolutely raging. 8 goals conceded in a week, without showing any real fight. Seething doesn't even begin to cover. Then, in a manner reminiscent of last season, County turned up for ~20 minutes and ended up getting a result. I looked like a total daftie after whinging like f**k over the substitutions.

I was a wee bit puzzled with the team selection and the approach, but I guess it was inevitable after the Celtic defeat though. I remain unconvinced by one striker too, I don't think any of the three forwards (four if we include Erwin) are particularly suited to playing as a lone forward.

A splendid outcome.

When you are 2-0 down with 20 minutes or so to go and you get a draw it feels like a win.

Two trips to Edinburgh this season and we remain undeafeated-very pleasing.

13 points from 10 games is a very good haul, an average of 1.3pts/game. Keep it up please.

Edited by silver

Some thoughts from a RC perspective:
  • Kelly (and Fontaine) were simply outpaced by Horgan for the opening goal, but I thought Kelly was County's best player from the starting XI. He was the only player - save for sometimes Gardyne and Henderson - to show gumption to pass and move.  His best game since the start of the year.
  • Hibs really should have capitalised more on Naismith repeatedly bombing beyond Gardyne in the first half.
  • County had a better shape about them than last week, but at a cost of not being able to do anything with the ball.  Things happened when Gardyne, Kelly and Henderson linked up, but if the ball was across the pitch at Draper, Spence, Fraser and Foster, forget it.  I get why the team was picked as it was: after losing 6-0 Foster on the right with Draper and Spence in the middle weren't going to collapse early on in the match.  However  the only thing Foster offered going forward was occasionally beating Stevenson in the air.  I would have put Mullin on earlier.
  • Henderson showed good touches and was on the end of some professional fouls, but he's very inexperienced and needs another 20 league games to show his potential IMO.  His best touches were mostly on the half-way line, but looked more involved in the final third as the team pushed up, just as he was subbed.
  • Maybe it just suited the match circumstances, but the Draper-Chalmers combo looks as good as any others in the squad just now.
  • I don't know if it's confidence-related or if it's the calibre of opposition, but it's not happening for Mckay just now. Brian Graham took his goal really well, then in typical fashion missed a better chance immediately after (the pass by Gardyne to allow Kelly to cross first-time was a lovely move).  I'm guessing Ross Stewart must have an injury, but where is Lee Erwin?  He hasn't been seen for weeks.

Funny how us fans can have completely opposite opinions, personally felt foster was our best player (before graham came on) and Henderson 2nd best. Would like to see Forster staring at wing back again though and a midfield 3 of draper Henderson and Chalmers going forwards