Falkirk vs Clyde

Don’t understand any of the negativity on Longridge tbh. He’s comfortably our biggest attacking threat with a goal or assist every 78mins. He can be frustrating but he’s genuinely the only player in the side who can add a bit of class/skill to the game.
He's the type of player I want to watch. Running with ball and looking to take someone on. Not a brilliant player so it works probably half of the time but I'd rather see it attempted and failed than not attempted at all.

Didnt Hartley have him on trial at some point?
Naw it was Goodwillie that wa....

Ah never mind.

Interested to see Grant again though. In fact he could be about the only interesting factor about this match, other than what cringy shite MC is going to post.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
14 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:
Don’t understand any of the negativity on Longridge tbh. He’s comfortably our biggest attacking threat with a goal or assist every 78mins. He can be frustrating but he’s genuinely the only player in the side who can add a bit of class/skill to the game.

He's the type of player I want to watch. Running with ball and looking to take someone on. Not a brilliant player so it works probably half of the time but I'd rather see it attempted and failed than not attempted at all.

Yep, definitely. He tried to megs a boy in our own box against Peterhead when 5-0 up, you love to see it.

Edited by wee_bairn

I've not seen the board yet but for some crazy reason I've been looking forward to seeing our name on the board. Probably more to do with the fact I've generally seen Falkirk as a big club and for years driving past the stadium I didn't think we'd be in the same league for a long long time. 

Enjoy your big day out. One to tell the grandkids.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Naw it was Goodwillie that wa....

He did actually train with Falkirk for more than a year to keep his fitness up when he first signed for us. Or so it was rumoured anyway. 

Grant is a cracking player, always keeps it neat & tidy very rarely giving the ball away. As posted I’m fully expecting Falkirk to be a much improved side from the one we played at broadwood. Both teams are very capable of winning so it depends who turns up on the day. 

Hope we bring a reasonable crowd through. I’m looking forward to it anyway, much better feeling getting up before a game when you know there’ll be more than 3 men & a dug as home support like in league two. 

Bring em’ on!!

The game is promoted as a family activity nowadays - community teams, family enclosures and Ladies Days. The players are the role models the kids aspire to be and there should be no place for rapists on the pitch.  The guy's entitled to a life and yes, he's paid his dues, but he can't be held up as any kind of role model so he would have been better served going into coaching perhaps. 

A Falkirk fan (?) has said he wouldn't mind him with us but I think, with so many people utterly scunnered with the club (particularly after axing the youth academy), this would be another boot in the baws for decent, right-thinking fans and many would walk. 

I was actually on a fishing trip

I have no issues with him trying something different and he is on his day a good attacking player.

However he has the heart of a pea. Clyde away the last time and Raith away a few weeks ago are two examples.

3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Don’t understand any of the negativity on Longridge tbh. He’s comfortably our biggest attacking threat with a goal or assist every 78mins. Admittedly, he can be frustrating at times but he’s genuinely the only player in the side who can add a bit of class/skill to the game.

Since his fitness has drastically improved since he first came back he has been one of our more consistent performers and someone that can make a bit of spark happen. Happy enough with him in the team. 

This might have been covered but where is the best place for away fans to park ? Can we park at the stadium or is that only for home fans/ season ticket holders ? 

Yes £4 for the privilege