Falkirk vs Clyde

19 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Last time i saw us at the Falkirk Stadium Ian Harty fired in a late header to equalise and the game finished 1-1.

We were in the gazebo behind the goals that day, must've been the 04/05 season. We were wearing that yellow away strip I'm sure.

Yep, spot on with that. I made the mistake that day of parking in the Boag and walked across the grass not realising it was a bog and my white trainers ended up caked in mud 😂. Only realised after moving here that I was lucky my car was still on 4 wheels when I got back! 

You’d like to think we’d bring a reasonable crowd. Amazing how many people though have hit out with “I’m not going it’s 20 quid” patter. 

Whether it’s £18 or £20 it’s literally only the price of a pint more expensive than the other grounds. Plenty would spend a pretty penny on busses or trains to further afield grounds - ridiculous.

Anyway I’ll be there & those who miss us trouncing Falkirk on their own patch will be kicking themselves. 

5 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

You’d like to think we’d bring a reasonable crowd. Amazing how many people though have hit out with “I’m not going it’s 20 quid” patter. 

Whether it’s £18 or £20 it’s literally only the price of a pint more expensive than the other grounds. Plenty would spend a pretty penny on busses or trains to further afield grounds - ridiculous.

Anyway I’ll be there & those who miss us trouncing Falkirk on their own patch will be kicking themselves. 

Thanks for the lecture on what is/is not an acceptable price for this level of football. I will bear it in mind. 

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Itll be my 3rd time at the Falkirk stadium if I go on saturday. Been to the 04/05 game I mentioned above and a Falkrik vs Leeds pre season snoozefest that finished 0-0!

Think you’ll find the Falkirk v Leeds friendly finished 2-0 to Leeds. 

Also wont be making the trip up on Saturday with other away trips coming up. 

8 hours ago, Rugster said:

The game might not finish as it looks like we'll need to dial down the wattage on the floodlights to cope with the loss of @SouthLanarkshireWhite 's £20.

Big team, big crowds, big prices. Should be running away with this league. Let’s hope you don’t win it and I promise I will pay whatever you charge to watch you next season playing with the unworthy again.

It will be a tough one.  We did come back against the much better team that is Raith Rovers, and we have beaten better teams such as Queen of the South.

However I think that Falkirk will be up for it and it will be on their turf.  I think that I too would settle for a point.

On 21/10/2019 at 12:05, Shadwell Dog said:

Funny team clyde. Have had some decent results against the better sides but have also been pumped by dross like Montrose and Airdrie.  If we score early should be a comfortable  win but if we don't could be a long afternoon for hoe fans. 

‘Hoe’ fans ??

Hopefully if the ground is full of Hoe’s Goodwillie will not be able to focus on the game. 

3-0 Falkirk.