Falkirk vs Clyde

Falkirk are a right shower of diddies with an equally laughable support. Barely heard a peep from them the entire match but they did spring to life to boo their own players/manager which is always nice to see. Couldn't believe the number of them who decided to sneak out towards the end given we were only winning by a single goal - bizarre.

Decent stadium for the view/atmosphere and I was impressed to see you'd built a new stand since my last visit and dispensed with the wendy house pish you used to pass off as an away stand. That said, I'd forgotten how isolated the place is. No chance was I paying 4 quid to park in a muddy field so ended up having to park in an industrial estate a quarter of a mile away. If you're going to insist on charging away fans £18 you could at least provide a free car park.

As has been said already, really pleased to see Smith score as I was beginning to worry for the big man. What a goal! What a result! The Clyde go marching on!

Edited by RutherGlen

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Clyde deserved to win today. Lennon set them up well and we never really made a lot of chances. Deserved 3 points for Clyde.

Question though, the fat number 11 for Clyde was booked in the second half then later penalised for a deliberate handball when he tripped and grabbed the ball. Is deliberate handball not a booking in Scotland this season ??

Fat number 11? Not too fat to run rings 'round your lot though, eh? Ally Love is an athlete and footballing genius - show some respect.

Nearly as desperate as Marshmallo - my team won and I still have my £22 - works for me. Lemons all round for you bitter, bitter people

No one’s forcing you to park in the Car Park. Plenty of other options.
If my team won a relatively big game and played well, and I wasn’t there, I’d be gutted.
But then again I’m a real supporter....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No one’s forcing you to park in the Car Park. Plenty of other options.
If my team won a relatively big game and played well, and I wasn’t there, I’d be gutted.
But then again I’m a real supporter....

Good for you. Hope that is sufficient recompense for being a real supporter of a very expensive to watch but very average team.

As good as Johnstone looked, he was helped ten fold by our absolutely shite left back. Why we let robson go I will never know. Dixon looked liked he thought he was going to stroll the game or was hungover. Fucking terrible left back. Is it also compulsory for the match sponsors to choose a Falkirk player for mom? Doyle? Seriously? Our mom was subbed off in a bizarre move. f**k off Ray. Fucking f**k right off ya clown. Shite heid

Clyde were better in every area of the pitch today. Falkirk were shite. We are not winning this league. Accept it and move on. First division football for the next few years.

Whyever would we just accept mediocrity? Have we not had enough of it these last few years?
Bizarre statement.

Fair play to the Falkirk fans on here, the majority admitting we were the better team and deserved the win, quite refreshing to see. 

Sure I've said it before but I've got a soft spot for Falkirk. My sons 2nd team is Falkirk and has a Falkirk scare in his room and also has last years away top but he's been told this season he's not allowed to wear it 😂

Simple stuff, Falkirk should not be in this league, if anything they should be in the top league! For whatever reason it's happened, they're here now. My son is a diehard Clyde fan, he has many pals in Larbert who are Falkirk fans so again he has the bragging rights and I can't be anymore happy that yet again he can turn round to his pals who said 10-0 Falkirk that we done them in again! 

I do hope for my Falkirk supporting family and friends that this might get MacKinnon out the door, the c***s a fraud. 

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

As good as Johnstone looked, he was helped ten fold by our absolutely shite left back. Why we let robson go I will never know. Dixon looked liked he thought he was going to stroll the game or was hungover. Fucking terrible left back. Is it also compulsory for the match sponsors to choose a Falkirk player for mom? Doyle? Seriously? Our mom was subbed off in a bizarre move. f**k off Ray. Fucking f**k right off ya clown. Shite heid
Don't you hold back lol lol

I thought Falkirk were even worse today than the game at Broadwood. Tried to play through the middle early on but were swamped by the excellent Cuddihy, Grant and Lamont. Resorted to playing the curved long balls down the side of our centre halves up to Sammon, and their biggest threat came when Buchanan pushed up for set pieces. The boy McMillan put in one of the most anonymous performances I've seen in quite a while. Dixon stood out a mile as he was torn to pieces by Johnston. Why was Gomis not subbed when he was obviously out on his feet? I've absolutely no ill will towards Falkirk - we've had some great games over the years - and it's not nice to see a club  of that size which is completely directionless on and off the pitch.

As a comparison, it's almost exactly two years since Clyde lost 4-2 to an awful Elgin side, the second time we'd conceded four at home in a week. Jim Chapman and his assistant were fighting supporters, Goodwillie was being asked to chase long hoofs forward all game. Amazing how much we've crammed into the two years since, with today just another superb day out. 

The particularly enjoyable thing is that we've beaten Falkirk (x2), Arbroath and QotS this season playing our style of football, not dire park-the-bus luck. A squad who put in a superb effort. Today that was epitomised by Love, who was completely outmatched by his opposite number in terms of pace, power and ability, but he ran himself into the ground. 

Mitchell, in his new surroundings, has been reborn and in amongst all the calm, textbook goalkeeping pulled out an excellent save from Doyle. I'm becoming less convinced with Lyon as a right back every game but he battles away. McNiff was excellent at left-back; was left 2 on 1 at times but chose the right option. Centre halves have dealt with Falkirk twice this season and whilst I'd still like a touch more aerial dominance, or a wee bit more pace, they're getting a good partnership going. 

No doubting the strongest part of our team. Grant was his usual, Cuddihy started superbly, suffered a couple of knocks, but still played well before succumbing. Lamont was my MotM against Falkirk for the second time this season; we kept finding him on the half-turn and he was able to move us ten yards up the pitch, as well as his usual pressing. McStay joined in easily. Superb. Johnstone gave Dixon the runaround. Goodwillie (who was feeling the back of his leg for most of the match) occupied the two centre halves. Job done. Gives the space elsewhere. Liam Allison got a run out :lol: 

Darren Smith has taken an unfair amount of stick for someone who has clearly been trying (too hard if anything) but hopefully today is the day he has arrived. A stunning goal. 

Starting this quarter with four points from Raith/Falkirk? I'll take that. No reason why we shouldn't be beating Stranraer/Peterhead in the next two.