Falkirk vs Clyde

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

That’s never offside, I’m claiming 0-2.

IMG_6273.thumb.jpg.18504625d7fc0a4728ef82a677eb7459.jpg

Better not let the Clyde fan that was going absolutely ranging at the linesman see that.

I was sitting next to him, howling at the "I DONT PAY ENTRY FEE FOR DECISIONS LIKE THAT" line.

Good decision by Lennon to start with the side that ended last weeks game. Unlucky not to be a goal or 2 up at half time. What a strike by Smith, still not sure about him at all but really delighted for him bagging the winner in style.

I predicted Falkirk would be a different animal than the side we seen in August earlier in the thread but they hugely disappointed me again. There just seems no real game plan apart from lump it up to Sammon. I said at the game thank f**k that sitter at the end fell to Buchanan and not a more attack minded player. But tbh Sammon/McManus etc would've probably missed it too, cause they're fucking shite.

Well well, for all the Falkirk fans howling about the officials, it would appear that the most questionable one was the decision to disallow McNiff’s goal. He looks clearly on side there just as the ball is kicked. 
I was quite surprised at Falkirk’s lack of quality. I was expecting a lot more than I saw at Broadwood but there seems no improvement from what I saw, albeit it was obviously just one game. Falkirk should be strolling this league. I would expect them to come good in the end as other teams with less resource start to struggle with injuries and suspensions. Having said that, we’ve managed ok so far while struggling to find enough fit players to fill our subs bench. Concerns now over Love and Cuddihy however. 

Came along as a neutral today, but expecting Falkirk to probably win the game, how wrong was I.

I thought Clyde were excellent and how I longed to have a management team that could get Stirling playing the way they did. For as good as Clyde were, I thought Falkirk were as equally poor.

It’s been said above but the substitution baffled me, even I could see the biggest impact going forward was Longridge and yet he was the man to make way, Falkirk did nothing going forward after that.....the less said about Sammon the better.

Absolute worldy from Darren Smith, cracking strike from a cracking player.

Well done Clyde [emoji1319]

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Came along as a neutral today, but expecting Falkirk to probably win the game, how wrong was I.

I thought Clyde were excellent and how I longed to have a management team that could get Stirling playing the way they did. For as good as Clyde were, I thought Falkirk were as equally poor.

It’s been said above but the substitution baffled me, even I could see the biggest impact going forward was Longridge and yet he was the man to make way, Falkirk did nothing going forward after that.....the less said about Sammon the better.

Absolute worldy from Darren Smith, cracking strike from a cracking player.

Well done Clyde emoji1319.png

I was delighted for Darren Smith as he’s been struggling to make an impact. You just feel that he needs a couple of breaks and things will start to fall into place for him. You could see at the end that the other players were delighted for him too. 

I thought Clyde deserved to win today. Lennon set them up well and we never really made a lot of chances. Deserved 3 points for Clyde.

Question though, the fat number 11 for Clyde was booked in the second half then later penalised for a deliberate handball when he tripped and grabbed the ball. Is deliberate handball not a booking in Scotland this season ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Clyde deserved to win today. Lennon set them up well and we never really made a lot of chances. Deserved 3 points for Clyde.

Question though, the fat number 11 for Clyde was booked in the second half then later penalised for a deliberate handball when he tripped and grabbed the ball. Is deliberate handball not a booking in Scotland this season ??

It’s never been an automatic booking anywhere ever.