Falkirk vs Clyde

I see we managed to get all of two posts in this week before the Goodie obsession started [emoji23]
As long as you have an unapologetic rapist playing for you, its likely to come up in the discourse mate.

The fact that you consider this some sort of amusing obsession speaks to your character personally.

4 hours ago, Super Tuesday said:

Unbelievable 5 'greenies' for a player found guilty by a judge in a civil court, that the rapes had happened, and also having an appeal rejected by three appeal judges.

Just because he plays for your team, really?

1) The statement was about the criminal side, period.

2) Try reading for comprehension, Clyde are certainly not my team.

40 minutes ago, keithgy said:

So the fact that he was found guilty of raping a girl in civil court does not bother you???

To clarify my earlier about the criminal vs civil, yes, it bothers me. However, the criminal case foundered and the civil case has been resolved. By all reports, he has lived spotlessly since the event, so do we just keep crucifying him or allow him to show he has changed? It doesn’t mean you have to forgive him or not dislike him, but once someone has “paid” for their crime, at what point should we judge them upon their recent character?

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

To clarify my earlier about the criminal vs civil, yes, it bothers me. However, the criminal case foundered and the civil case has been resolved. By all reports, he has lived spotlessly since the event, so do we just keep crucifying him or allow him to show he has changed? It doesn’t mean you have to forgive him or not dislike him, but once someone has “paid” for their crime, at what point should we judge them upon their recent character?

The game is promoted as a family activity nowadays - community teams, family enclosures and Ladies Days. The players are the role models the kids aspire to be and there should be no place for rapists on the pitch.  The guy's entitled to a life and yes, he's paid his dues, but he can't be held up as any kind of role model so he would have been better served going into coaching perhaps. 

A Falkirk fan (?) has said he wouldn't mind him with us but I think, with so many people utterly scunnered with the club (particularly after axing the youth academy), this would be another boot in the baws for decent, right-thinking fans and many would walk. 

31 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The game is promoted as a family activity nowadays - community teams, family enclosures and Ladies Days. The players are the role models the kids aspire to be and there should be no place for rapists on the pitch.  The guy's entitled to a life and yes, he's paid his dues, but he can't be held up as any kind of role model so he would have been better served going into coaching perhaps. 

A Falkirk fan (?) has said he wouldn't mind him with us but I think, with so many people utterly scunnered with the club (particularly after axing the youth academy), this would be another boot in the baws for decent, right-thinking fans and many would walk. 

Good God Almighty.

A sensible post.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

But isn’t the point that he is here, at such a low level relative to his previous potential and skill, a cautionary tale in and of itself? To see that he is reduced, with his still pretty good talents, to languishing in Scotland’s League One, for just about a living, is a pretty convincing point about making poor decisions. If we want to pull the family activity card, there’s a pretty decent group of players with various domestic incidents, drink driving, various extra-marital activities, etc.

I would be pretty interested in a report on what other players, asked anonymously, would say about him. How much his fate delivers a message to them.

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hopefully turn these nobodies over this time and sign their best player in January

Keep hoping. Tell me, do you think he would he still receive the abuse from Falkirk fans if your hopes came true?

Right, back to this game.  Looking forward to beating Falkirk again by the odd goal.

Are you Monkey Tennis in disguise?

Come on to every thread about falkirk and bore the life out of everyone.

So many little things annoy me when they really shouldn't. Like people who use the word 'literally' in a figurative sense, or say 'they could care less' when they really couldn't.
The poor quality of writing that passes for 'journalism' in many of today's media, people who randomly use throw in an apostrophe and they have no idea why, or those who don't know when to use their, there or they're, the your/you're brigade and the random comma guy, all drive me up the wall.
I dare say it is an age thing.
As for the fitba', I think home advantage will help us to a one goal victory.

I have to use extra commas when writing as I’m asthmatic.

3 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Longridge to score and be a complete shitebag for the rest of the game.

Don’t understand any of the negativity on Longridge tbh. He’s comfortably our biggest attacking threat with a goal or assist every 78mins. Admittedly, he can be frustrating at times but he’s genuinely the only player in the side who can add a bit of class to the game.

Edited by wee_bairn