Falkirk vs Clyde

23 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

It will be a tough one.  We did come back against the much better team that is Raith Rovers, and we have beaten better teams such as Queen of the South.

However I think that Falkirk will be up for it and it will be on their turf.  I think that I too would settle for a point.

Fortunately we're a different side to the one that faced you at broadwood. We scored no goals in 3 of our first 5 games including that one as ray persisted with his pishy diamond. Now having finally ditched that we've scored 12 in our last 5.  We're still solid at the back but now we're at least creating a lot more.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Fortunately we're a different side to the one that faced you at broadwood. We scored no goals in 3 of our first 5 games including that one as ray persisted with his pishy diamond. Now having finally ditched that we've scored 12 in our last 5.  We're still solid at the back but now we're at least creating a lot more.

We've also generally been much better at home than away due to the aforementioned McKinnonball. 

Despite setting up much more attackingly at home, we've conceded three times as many goals playing away.

I think with this squad the first goal really does make all the difference. The longer a game goes on at 0-0 we seem to struggle, Clyde played us like an absolute fiddle in the reverse fixture. 

349297975_ScreenShot2019-10-22at21_05_49.png.424c4e00d7f034c79d2bce05d42abab2.png

13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've also generally been much better at home than away due to the aforementioned McKinnonball. 

Despite setting up much more attackingly at home, we've conceded three times as many goals playing away.

I think with this squad the first goal really does make all the difference. The longer a game goes on at 0-0 we seem to struggle, Clyde played us like an absolute fiddle in the reverse fixture. 

349297975_ScreenShot2019-10-22at21_05_49.png.424c4e00d7f034c79d2bce05d42abab2.png

Although since the diamond was punted we've only played two away games. A 3 0 win at stranraer and the 2 2 at raith. The forfar match will be a good barometer of whether we've turned the corner away from home or not.

Looking forward to it. hopefully a cracker and good to see our name already on the big notice board on the main road outside Falkirk Stadium - warning for us travelling fans, lookout for the wee Falkirk pavement dancers doing their strictly routines - only taking the piss Bairns, two decent teams and hopefully a decent away crowd.

5 hours ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Looking forward to it. hopefully a cracker and good to see our name already on the big notice board on the main road outside Falkirk Stadium - warning for us travelling fans, lookout for the wee Falkirk pavement dancers doing their strictly routines - only taking the piss Bairns, two decent teams and hopefully a decent away crowd.

I've not seen the board yet but for some crazy reason I've been looking forward to seeing our name on the board. Probably more to do with the fact I've generally seen Falkirk as a big club and for years driving past the stadium I didn't think we'd be in the same league for a long long time. 

19 hours ago, maxruby said:

Tautology alert! “ Wee baby daughter”! Excellent example of the art.

I am not sure this is the best example of a tautology. Not all babies are 'wee'. e.g. I doubt that a 12lb baby girl would ever be described as a 'wee' baby.

I always thought that 'PIN number' was a good example of a tautology in everyday speech.

In logic, your example definitely is not a tautology.

Context is everything. :)

I am not sure this is the best example of a tautology. Not all babies are 'wee'. e.g. I doubt that a 12lb baby girl would ever be described as a 'wee' baby.
I always thought that 'PIN number' was a good example of a tautology in everyday speech.
In logic, your example definitely is not a tautology.
Context is everything. [emoji4]

Aha! Then our correspondent would not have called his baby a wee baby but a large one hence negating any possibility of a tautology. However, I do accept your point and indeed thought of your example as I posted my original thought. I was once called a “hair splitting pedant”. You can imagine my immediate response. All this aside I’m sure she is a delight for now. From experience I can tell you that in 10/11 years time, Dad’s opinion may alter a little.
As for Saturday’s game? No idea what may happen.

57 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Aha! Then our correspondent would not have called his baby a wee baby but a large one hence negating any possibility of a tautology. However, I do accept your point and indeed thought of your example as I posted my original thought. I was once called a “hair splitting pedant”. You can imagine my immediate response. All this aside I’m sure she is a delight for now. From experience I can tell you that in 10/11 years time, Dad’s opinion may alter a little.
As for Saturday’s game? No idea what may happen.

So many little things annoy me when they really shouldn't. Like people who use the word 'literally' in a figurative sense, or say 'they could care less' when they really couldn't.

The poor quality of writing that passes for 'journalism' in many of today's media, people who randomly use throw in an apostrophe and they have no idea why, or those who don't know when to use their, there or they're, the your/you're brigade and the random comma guy, all drive me up the wall.

I dare say it is an age thing.

As for the fitba', I think home advantage will help us to a one goal victory.